PDA

View Full Version : Which game to buy ( 360 )

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 05:47 AM
I brought in games to trade today, but don't know if I should get Guitar Hero 3 or Nascar 09. Help a brother decide.

McHavyck
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
not a huge racing fan, but i love rhythm based games like GH3.

besides, you need to get good on the axe so you can shread during our Rock Band Rock Off at the Freakend.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
After really playing the Nascar demo and reading the reviews I would say GH3 by far. Very fun game. Easy to pick up and learn and a ^^^^^ to master. However, I would still strongly tell you to scrap them both and pick up Metal Gear.

douche.......

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 05:51 AM
not a huge racing fan, but i love rhythm based games like GH3.

besides, you need to get good on the axe so you can shread during our Rock Band Rock Off at the Freakend.

Go online and check my recent GH 2 achievements :lol

I won't say I fully earned them though. Found a nice little glitch :lol

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 05:52 AM
After really playing the Nascar demo and reading the reviews I would say GH3 by far. Very fun game. Easy to pick up and learn and a ^^^^^ to master. However, I would still strongly tell you to scrap them both and pick up Metal Gear.

I don't want that damn game. Accept it :lol

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 05:53 AM
I don't want that damn game. Accept it :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Just in case you need to watch it again. http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/in...df00394f607e68

where's the option for none........or alone in the dark

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:12 AM
where's the option for none........or alone in the dark which is how I spend my time

Sorry, that would mean no game and I want one.

if you like survival horror games like resident evil then give alone in the dark a go

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:14 AM
if you like survival horror games like resident evil then give alone in the dark a go

But see,that's not one of the choices.

open your mind :lol

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 06:16 AM
I brought in games to trade today, but don't know if I should get Guitar Hero 3 or Nascar 09. Help a brother decide.

You got bored with GH2 so what would change with GH3? Or is there a glitch for that one too :monkey3

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:17 AM
open your mind :lol

Thanks Teemu.:lol

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Sorry, that would mean no game and I want one.

Dude, I'm bringing you 4 games on Friday you impatient bastard.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:18 AM
You got bored with GH2 so what would change with GH3? Or is there a glitch for that one too :monkey3

When did I get bored with GH2? I still play it, but I glitched the achievements I know I'll never have a chance of gettig. I'd NEVER be able to beat the Expert tour or get 5 stars on all songs on Hard or Expert. I still like the game and play on Medium a lot.

McHavyck
06-17-2008, 06:18 AM

oh...:whip

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:19 AM
oh...:whip

Don't on snap his ass. He asked me for the glitch so he could do it too and I never got bored with it.

When did I get bored with GH2? I still play it, but I glitched the achievements I know I'll never have a chance of gettig. I'd NEVER be able to beat the Expert tour or get 5 stars on all songs on Hard or Expert. I still like the game and play on Medium a lot.

you do know that ms are cracking down on that stuff & anyone caught will be suspended from gaining points & their account labelled cheater :lol

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:21 AM
you do know that ms are cracking down on that stuff & anyone caught will be suspended from gaining points & they're account labelled cheater :lol

I do most of it offline and from what I saw they were really after people using multiple accounts and stuff like that.

McHavyck
06-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Don't on snap his ass. He asked me for the glitch so he could do it too and I never got bored with it.

oh :whip:whip
can i get the glitch too? :monkey3 j/k!

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:25 AM
oh :whip:whip
can i get the glitch too? :monkey3 j/k!

If you want it sure, just PM me. It will give you thart way to beat the Hard and Expert tours and get 5 stars on all of the songs.

"wow.....I hope you feel you achieved that"

quote by either badmoon or kitfisto from gears thread

:lol

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Karma how the hell can you recommend a game that is not out yet? :confused:

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:29 AM
"wow.....I hope you feel you achieved that"

quote by either badmoon or kitfisto from gears thread

:lol

Yep, I sure do. Especially when I have to take 3.5 hours to get through just ONE tour even using the glitch.

Karma how the hell can you recommend a game that is not out yet? :confused:

cause I've seen reviews.. it comes out friday over here but next tuesday for you guys

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 06:33 AM
cause I've seen reviews.. it comes out friday over here but next tuesday for you guys

Can you maybe copy and paste a review or make a thread so I can read it? :monkey3 I have been keeping my eye on this game. :D

Can you maybe copy and paste a review or make a thread so I can read it? :monkey3 I have been keeping my eye on this game. :D

kinda dificult cause they were game show review on UK tv

IronFingaz
06-17-2008, 06:34 AM

You getting the Limited Edition box-set?

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/Horror/~r333477/Alone-in-the-Dark-GAME-Exclusive-Limited-Edition/

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Stop derailing my thread ass holes. I never derail yours!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!

nah....rarely by LE's unless they have extra in game content

kain4521
06-17-2008, 06:36 AM
As much as I would love to put you in the wall on Nascar I have to say get GH3. I have enjoyed what I have played of Nascar and of course I will like it being a fan of the sport but you might like road racing instead of oval racing so and you might get board of this pretty quick. The same can be said of GH3 I loved the music on 2 but after awile I got board with it and now my guitar is collecting dust in the corner and the game got traded in last week. If you like the songs on GH3 then get it. Just remember as with RSV2 we both played it for about 2 weeks and then went back to gears its not that it was a bad game its just I think we like kicking ass with our buddies more than playing a game by ourselves.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 06:39 AM
As much as I would love to put you in the wall on Nascar I have to say get GH3. I have enjoyed what I have played of Nascar and of course I will like it being a fan of the sport but you might like road racing instead of oval racing so and you might get board of this pretty quick. The same can be said of GH3 I loved the music on 2 but after awile I got board with it and now my guitar is collecting dust in the corner and the game got traded in last week. If you like the songs on GH3 then get it. Just remember as with RSV2 we both played it for about 2 weeks and then went back to gears its not that it was a bad game its just I think we like kicking ass with our buddies more than playing a game by ourselves.

I wish I could convince him of Metal Gears badassery. I got to play 3 minutes online and after all the damn downloading and name creating I can't wait to play more. It really is a combination of a bunch of different games.

Oh and play the demo for Ninja Gaiden people!

I wish I could convince him of Metal Gears badassery. I got to play 3 minutes online and after all the damn downloading and name creating I can't wait to play more. It really is a combination of a bunch of different games.

played the demo but heard the game in uber hard even on normal setting

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 06:41 AM
played the demo but heard the game in uber hard even on normal setting

Whats the matter? Affraid of a little work? :lol I heard it isn't nearly as hard as the one on the Xbox and I got to the end of that.

kain4521
06-17-2008, 06:42 AM

Yeah but I can also see his point about it too. I didn't buy MGS4 for online I bought it for the single player and the online was just the icing on the cake. It is a combo of different games you can run balls out and shoot anything that moves or you can sneak around and attack from behind. I like it and if it wasn't for that damn maintenance I would have played it last night.

Whats the matter? Affraid of a little work? :lol I heard it isn't nearly as hard as the one on the Xbox and I got to the end of that.

let me guess..in less that 5 hours right? :lol

Yeah but I can also see his point about it too. I didn't buy MGS4 for online I bought it for the single player and the online was just the icing on the cake. It is a combo of different games you can run balls out and shoot anything that moves or you can sneak around and attack from behind. I like it and if it wasn't for that damn maintenance I would have played it last night.

but you didn't and got pwned @ gears :lol

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 06:45 AM
let me guess..in less that 5 hours right? :lol

I never beat it. I got close to the end. :lol It was a royal pain in the arse. :rotfl

kain4521
06-17-2008, 06:46 AM
but you didn't and got pwned @ gears :lol

Don't lie you would miss me if I wasn't on gears but it would be alot quieter on Saturday nights.:lol

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Jason, I know something else you could do with that money that's burning a hole in your pocket :monkey3

Furious1
06-17-2008, 06:49 AM
If you want a great racing game with a variety of events, pick up GRID. Absolutely awesome.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:50 AM
I never beat it. I got close to the end. :lol It was a royal pain in the arse. :rotfl

I'll be honest. I don't like games that are RETARDED hard to beat either ( even on normal mode ). I play to try to relax ( although you would never know when on multiplayer :lol ). Some of these games are so ridiculously hard that I just get frustrated and don't have the desire to keep trying over and over. I just wanna have fun and play. That's why I put down GTA4 and am trading it in today. It wasn't "hard" yet, but I knew it would be and I got tired of failing a mission and having to redo the whole damn thing ( no checkpoints or anything ). I just bored and frustrated playing games like that.

The ill Jedi
I played some more after the server maintenance was done and leveled up. Had some pretty good rounds and really got the feel of it. Hopefully we can have a room with at least 6-8 tonight, we could've had 6 last night if it wasn't for the server maintenance.

KitFisto
Jason, I know something else you could do with that money that's burning a hole in your pocket :monkey3

Trading in games isn't "money" bro. :lol

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 06:51 AM
You should seriously get RE4 for the Wii. They should have it pretty cheap and there's a reason it won so many games of the year.

kain4521
06-17-2008, 06:53 AM
I played some more after the server maintenance was done and leveled up. Had some pretty good rounds and really got the feel of it. Hopefully we can have a room with at least 6-8 tonight, we could've had 6 last night if it wasn't for the server maintenance.

I hope so I really want to level up my CQC and blade skills.

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 06:54 AM

I'll be on if I can get my f'n headset working.

What do I need to do before I fire up the game to get this POS working?

kain4521
06-17-2008, 06:55 AM
I'll be on if I can get my f'n headset working.

What do I need to do before I fire up the game to get this POS working?

Try to enter chat with one of us it might be your nat settings. I had that problem and Leaf helped me fix it.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:56 AM
You should seriously get RE4 for the Wii. They should have it pretty cheap and there's a reason it won so many games of the year.

I hate the Wii controllers. That thing is a dust collector. I might sell it.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 06:57 AM
I got on and some dude was on my team. I tried to talk to him but I didn't get a reply. Yet another gripe I have about the PS3. Either the majority of the players don't use a mic for some reason or the mics are just retarded.

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 06:58 AM
I hate the Wii controllers. That thing is a dust collector. I might sell it.

It all depends on the game. There were a couple that I hated as well but Zelda is just so fluid and it seems so natural.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 06:58 AM
I got on and some dude was on my team. I tried to talk to him but I didn't get a reply. Yet another gripe I have about the PS3. Either the majority of the players don't use a mic for some reason or the mics are just retarded.

It's just cause you suck. PS3 guys won't talk to you if you suck. :rotfl

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 06:59 AM
It all depends on the game. There were a couple that I hated as well but winging around my wii is just so fluid and it seems so natural.

:horror:horror:horror:horror

The ill Jedi
06-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Maybe it's the user? :monkey3

I've been able to talk in all of my matches and I was talking to Kain and Bagels just fine the other day.

bagelsncheesey
06-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Between those 2, i'd go with GH3. More playability (imo), and with the downloadable songs, you can't go wrong.

thought you'd be watching the game

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:05 AM
It all depends on the game. There were a couple that I hated as well but Zelda is just so fluid and it seems so natural.

Yeah, but Zelda is gay. :lol

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:06 AM

I've been able to talk in all of my matches and I was talking to Kain and Bagels just fine the other day.

No it works fine when I test it and chat. Every PS3 game I have played online either no one is talking or the mic doesn't work. I have played Warhawk, Unreal (which you know didn't work), and Metal Gear. Hopefully when I try it tonight it works. Who was that we were playing with last night? Does he not have a mic?

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:06 AM

C's will be up 40 by the half so he'll be on.

Yeah, but Zelda is gay. :lol

he must have a thing for bow & arrows :lol

No it works fine when I test it and chat. Every PS3 game I have played online either no one is talking or the mic doesn't work. I have played Warhawk, Unreal (which you know didn't work), and Metal Gear. Hopefully when I try it tonight it works. Who was that we were playing with last night? Does he not have a mic?

maybe no one likes talking to you? :lol

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:12 AM
maybe no one likes talking to you? :lol

No it's just the system has the most pityfull online experience money can buy. Just logging onto a new game to play online is a F'N pain in the ass. I guess it is too much to expect to be able to put the disc in and actually play it. :rolleyes::lol:lol

No it's just the system has the most pityfull online experience money can buy. Just logging onto a new game to play online is a F'N pain in the ass. I guess it is too much to expect to be able to put the **** in and actually ride it. :rolleyes::lol:lol

:confused::confused::confused::D

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:15 AM
I am moving to California where it is now legal to marry Ill or Dee

how is that even vaguely similar to what i posted?? :lol

McHavyck
06-17-2008, 07:17 AM
If you want a great racing game with a variety of events, pick up GRID. Absolutely awesome.

i heard that too...better than even the PGR games.

i don't like racing games, but would play this one.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
i heard that too...better than even the PGR games.

i don't like racing games, but would play this one.

ur gay ur gay ur gay ur gay ur gay

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:18 AM
You know it. I am flying over as soon as I can buy a ticket. That is why I won't buy a PS3. Now just to make a decision between the 2. This will be tough.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:20 AM
ass & titties, ass & titties...ass ass titties tittes

:lol:lol:lol:lol

BadMoon
:lol:lol:lol:lol

:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

The ill Jedi
Split screen baby, split screen. :cool:

As you're playing, hold down 'Select' once and you'll see 'Voice Chat On' on the left side. Hold it down again to turn it off.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Split screen baby, split screen. :cool:

As you're playing, hold down 'Select' once and you'll see 'Voice Chat On' on the left side. Hold it down again to turn it off.

Do you have to do this every time to talk?

BadMoon
Oh and this thread has been:

http://www.trainweb.org/brettrw/derail/amtrak/salduro/AMT143sm.jpg

The ill Jedi
Do you have to do this every time to talk?
ONCE!!!!!!!!

Darth Loki

I heard you talking last night through my tv but for some reason my headset wasn't working.

I'll ask again, is there something I have to do before loading the game to get it working?

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:23 AM
ONCE!!!!!!!!

I will try that tonight. Thanks! :duff

The ill Jedi
06-17-2008, 07:24 AM
I heard you talking last night through my tv but for some reason my headset wasn't working.

I'll ask again, is there something I have to do before loading the game to get it working?
Go to your settings and then accessories, select Bluetooth and connect your headset. This is before you start the game up.

Is it already synced?

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:24 AM
I heard you talking last night through my tv but for some reason my **** wasn't working.

I'll ask again, is there something I have to do before loading my pants to get it working?

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:27 AM

Yes, skip that game and stick to the 360.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:28 AM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The ill Jedi
06-17-2008, 07:29 AM
You're like a grumpy elderly woman, so set in her ways and stubborn/closed minded as ^^^^. :lol

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:29 AM
You're like a grumpy elderly woman, so set in her ways and stubborn/closed minded as ^^^^. :lol

Nah, at least I do own the PS3. I just found it to be a big pain in the ass compared to the 360 to be honest. The 360 is 100 times more user friendly.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Nah, at least I do own the PS3. I just founf it to be a big pain in the ass compared to the 360 to be honest. The 360 is 100 times more user friendly.

The awesomeness of MG asside I have to say this statement is 100% accurate.

come on dude........we all know he just needs laid :D

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:35 AM
come on dude........we all know he just needs laid :D

How YOU doin'? :naughty

you know where loki stays....then go pay him a visit with some sedatives :lol

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:38 AM

Karma it looks like you may have a third option if you can get Kit to relocate to California.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 07:38 AM

I don't need to sedate him. He likes it.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:39 AM

He doesn't need roofies to hit up that corn hole.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't need to sedate him. He likes it.

See! :lecture:lecture:lecture:lol

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Go to your settings and then accessories, select Bluetooth and connect your headset. This is before you start the game up.

Is it already synced?

It is synced and I'll do that tonight. So just do that and then once in the game hit select and 'voice chat'?

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 07:47 AM
What the ^^^^ did I just walk into????

Sandbox in 3, 2, 1.......................

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 07:48 AM
What the ^^^^ did I just walk into????

Sandbox in 3, 2, 1.......................

Apparently Kits ****. :lecture

bagelsncheesey
06-17-2008, 07:51 AM
It is synced and I'll do that tonight. So just do that and then once in the game hit select and 'voice chat'?

Just hold down the select button, and that will turn on the voice chat.

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Just hold down the select button, and that will turn on the voice chat.

Cool. I hope it works tonight. Otherwise that $50 headset is getting taken back to Gamestop

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Cool. I hope it works tonight. Otherwise that $50 headset is getting taken back to Gamestop

Hopefully this ^^^^ works. I hate not being able to talk.

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Hopefully this ^^^^ works. I hate not being able to talk.

I agree. I'm sure Ill was pissed at me last night because my mic wasn't working and we couldn't coordinate our attack.

bagelsncheesey
06-17-2008, 08:12 AM
I don't see why you guys have trouble with your mics. I think (being serious) it's user error. Make sure it's in sync with the PS3, then make sure on your PS3 menu to turn the chat feature on.

Start up the game, then when you're in multiplayer, hold down the select button.

Worked fine for me.

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't see why you guys have trouble with your mics. I think (being serious) it's user error. Make sure it's in sync with the PS3, then make sure on your PS3 menu to turn the chat feature on.

Start up the game, then when you're in multiplayer, hold down the select button.

Worked fine for me.

It was the first time I tried it out. Didn't know I had to hold the select button. I'll try it tonight.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 08:20 AM

Worked fine for me.

Whereas on the 360 you have to turn your mic on in oder for it to work from jump street. :lol

IronFingaz
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Whereas on the 360 you have to turn your mic on in oder for it to work from jump street. :lol

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00076ONSM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

bagelsncheesey
06-17-2008, 08:26 AM

True, but once you sync your mic to the PS3, all you have to do each time is turn your earpiece on. The PS3 will recognize it every time, as long as it stays registered on the PS3.

Moonloop
06-17-2008, 09:49 AM
GH IV comes out this fall, it will be much better than GH3, especially since you can finally upload your own songs to the game. So I'd wait for GHIV. I like the Nascar games, they are fun (but it is good if you have an idea of what Nascar is to play it).

The problem about Nascar reviews is, they always get random people that no nothing about Nascar and don't like it. So they give the game a bad review basically because they don't like Nascar and they criticize the game being boring for driving in circles. Nascar 09 is actually a significant improvement over 08.

Do what you want man.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
GH IV comes out this fall, it will be much better than GH3, especially since you can finally upload your own songs to the game. So I'd wait for GHIV. I like the Nascar games, they are fun (but it is good if you have an idea of what Nascar is to play it).

The problem about Nascar reviews is, they always get random people that no nothing about Nascar and don't like it. So they give the game a bad review basically because they don't like Nascar and they criticize the game being boring for driving in circles. Nascar 09 is actually a significant improvement over 08.

Do what you want man.

:joy

Really??? How is that gonna work? How can the game read the songs and know how to turn it into what you "play" on screen??

Moonloop
06-17-2008, 09:55 AM
:joy

Really??? How is that gonna work? How can the game read the songs and know how to turn it into what you "play" on screen??

Well its a bit more complicated....in GHIV you can upload the song to the game, then you have to personally mark all the notes (to your liking) to be hit in sync with the song. So basically it is like "Build a Song" mode. If that makes sense.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Well its a bit more complicated....in GHIV you can upload the song to the game, then you have to personally mark all the notes (to your liking) to be hit in sync with the song. So basically it is like "Build a Song" mode. If that makes sense.

Ah, yeah that makes sense....could be rather tedious

kain4521
06-17-2008, 10:04 AM
:p

Do what you want man.

Well said NightCreeper so wait on 4 Kit and get MGS4.:p

If you dont like it I think they have some kind of return policy.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 10:16 AM
:p

Well said NightCreeper so wait on 4 Kit and get MGS4.:p

If you dont like it I think they have some kind of return policy.

I'll get Nascar before MG. I have no desire at all to play it.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Picked up GH3. I'll want the extra wireless guitar once GH4 comes out anway so another person could play the bass guitar notes or to play co-op.

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Picked up GH3. I'll want the extra wireless guitar once GH4 comes out anway so another person could play the bass guitar notes or to play co-op.

I have a guitar :monkey2

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I have a guitar :monkey2

But your's is wired right? I want a wireless one. The cord on the wired one is too short and I have to stand in front of my big ass TV and I feel like I am too close.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 11:12 AM
But your's is wired right? I want a wireless one. The cord on the wired one is too short and I have to stand in front of my big ass TV and I feel like I am too close.

Didn't the game come with the wireless guitar? :confused:

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 11:13 AM
But your's is wired right? I want a wireless one. The cord on the wired one is too short and I have to stand my big ass in front of my TV and I feel like I am too close.

fixed :monkey3

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Didn't the game come with the wireless guitar? :confused:

GH3 does yes. GH2 had a wired one and Loki has GH2.

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 11:14 AM
fixed :monkey3

^^^^ you in the ear.

Darth Loki
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
^^^^ you in the ear.

I'm sure if I get drunk enough you'll try :monkey4

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM

Make sure you douche first. Kit likes a freshly douched ear. :lecture

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 11:38 AM

It's funny because it's true - Homer Simpson

KitFisto
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Make sure you douche first. Kit likes a freshly douched ear. :lecture

You need to change your board name to Douchey McDoucherson and your slogan to "Freshly Douched" and just type "Douche" for every word you post.

BadMoon
06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
You need to change your board name to Douchey McDoucherson and your slogan to "Freshly Douched" and just type "Douche" for every word you post.

I am a one trick pony what can I say. That way if I do have something funny to say it will be all the more entertaining. :lol

Now go douche! :banana