Anyone planning on army building Cobra troops?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
If they can keep the relatively simplistic Cobra Troopers and Crimson Guards at $79.99 I'll probably buy at least two of each, possibly more. Anyone else planning on doing the same?

A true collector would be no fewer than 10 of each of the troops.

Or not.:D

If I was really in to G.I. Joe I would be in trouble. Hell, I am shooting for 10 Endor Rebel Troopers. And when Sideshow does the Star Wars Troops, I am already in deep kimchi as I will be building them.

One of each for me at the most for G.I. Joe. And that is only if the next offerings are as good (for their character) as Snake Eyes is.

It's funny because in my mind the concept of army building Cobra troops is more appealing than doing it with Star Wars Stormtroopers. I think it would make for a visually more appealing display.

As a general rule, I'm not into army building... and certainly not with 1:6 figures.

Clutter is the work of the devil.

Clutter is relative. I own a grand total of *two* 12 inch figures. I'm guessing that if I purchase a Cobra Trooper or three I'll still have a less cluttered collection than you. :whip ;)

it would be crazy expensive to seriously army build these. I personally do not think the return on the amount spent would be rewarding. i like seeing a cobra army with 300 or so troops in the 3/4 scale. In 1/6th scale, a solid army to me would be 25-30 figs. i would think that would be a pretty penny to build.
i would buy 3 bats , 2 siegies, 4 troopers, 5 vipers, and one helmeted cobra commander. BOOYAH!!

That's the catch: how crazy are you willing to go with it?

Low scale army building works well if displayed properly on this scale. 6-12 of each kind of foot soldier is reasonable if you have a place to display them right.

Big scale army building looks bad in just about any scale if you don't have A LOT of room necessary. Most of us do not.

I don't think most will go beyond two or so. Unlike the little figures, which naturally invite building an army of little toy soldiers, 1:6 figures are more designed to commemorate the characters than to fight wars at home. But I'm sure somebody will do it, just like I'm sure there are some who would buy all nine of the Nazgul or a million stormtroopers. It will happen, but only by the most devoted fans.

i am going to do my best to not go crazy army building these things. considering i have a cobra 25th army numbering about 450 and all of them are in a big brown box at the moment space will be an issue lol. and i haven't even gotten started with the 25th bats yet. that is gonna be a killer for me .

but like faramir said somebody definitely will be buyin a bunch of the 1/6th ss figs.

I think people are getting to caught up in the term "army building." I should have just said "who's planning on buying two or more of the same figure" thinking that some others might also be planning on getting a handful or so of troops to flank the commanders.

I think it would be silly to have two Crimson Guard Commanders and just one Crimson Guard under their command. :lol

2 Cobra troopers or 2 Cobra officers for Cobra Comander

2 Crimson Guard for T And X

2 Vipers for Serpentor

4 B.A.Ts for Mindbender

Thats my wish list... the only one I'm 100% sure about would be the B.A.Ts

Depending on where the line goes, I'm thinking a pair of generic Cobra troopers and then about 1 of any other type (BATS, Crimson guard, televiper, viper, etc.)

Back