opinions on Ignite figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killbeggar

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just found Ignite is doing a figure I must have.

af039coming.jpg

The figure looks good from here but I've never seen one of their figures up close. I was wondering what the opinions of their quality is. Also how good is their body?
I've been wanting a Swashbuckler figure forever and this looks great so far, but I'd like to get some opinions before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance for your help.

Their body is similar to a Dragon body although, not as nice. With a figure that's mostly covered by costume, the shortcomings are not as bad. The head sculpts vary from figure to figure, some look good while others are poor. The paint isn't all that great, they need some extra detail paint to make them look realistic. The costume quality also depends on each figure set. Some need a bit of weathering to make them look great and the ones with chain mail require weathering. But what you see costuming wise is usually what you can expect.
Their accessories are top notch, most of the past releases were metal and I think this figure should be the same.
Basically, give this guy a new body and head sculpt that you like, and it should be great.
Here's my Greeks, the one on the far left (Spartan) is a stock Ignite from the battle scar series (they're weathered by Ignite), the other two have had their bodies replaced and a few other changes:
picture1228tl0.jpg

picture1225hd9.jpg

As you can see, they're improved greatly by new bodies:
picture1106qc7.jpg

I had a couple of them and was really unimpressed, great for custom fodder. But if you just want the figures and don't want to do upgrades I'd probably just pass on them.

I have several of the Ignite figures and while not a challenge to DML, BBi, etc. they are not without merit. The weak point frequently is in the wrist joints. I have purchased several nudes for the nice head sculpts. After all no one but they make an Orlando Bloom look-alike with waist length rooted blonde hair. You can buy the outfits piece-meal, but if you add it all up you'll find that you could buy it cheaper boxed and get the figure thrown in for free (and a nice box). The outfits make up for it more than anything else as you won't find their like amongst the other manufacturers. I will be buying the boxed Guardsman.

Rabbit

I have several of the Ignite figures and while not a challenge to DML, BBi, etc. they are not without merit. The weak point frequently is in the wrist joints. I have purchased several nudes for the nice head sculpts. After all no one but they make an Orlando Bloom look-alike with waist length rooted blonde hair. You can buy the outfits piece-meal, but if you add it all up you'll find that you could buy it cheaper boxed and get the figure thrown in for free (and a nice box). The outfits make up for it more than anything else as you won't find their like amongst the other manufacturers. I will be buying the boxed Guardsman.

Rabbit

You must have their older bodies then, they changed the wrists to have a double swivel ball joint. The Ignite Tribune and King Leonidas have them.

I only have the samurai, but I'm happy with him. Clothes are well tailored, and the swords all have real metal blades. The body's nothing special, but it gets the job done. Considering it only cost me about $47 shipped, I think it was a steal.

For Killbeggar's reference, they have:
Double jointed elbows and knees the same as Dragon.
Hot Toy's style ankle articulation.
Dragon style neck, torso and hip articulation.
Double swivel ball jointed wrists.

I did a search and this is the only picture I could find of the Ignite bodies nude:
95a01ew5.jpg

I hope that helps!

I've got the black ninja. The body and headsculpt/paint suck ass but the outfit and accessories are very nice.

I've bought quite a few, but the head sculpts and bodies are the worst in the 1/6 upper end line. Of course Ignite are now the cheapest 1/6 you can get that can remotely be called collectible rather than toy. But the bright plastic of the accessories has been put to shame by SSC and HT and the real metal doesn't really add anything in my opinion. It takes a huge amount of effort to get an Ignite up to the quality of an HT or SSC just straight out of the box.

I agree, but the strong point is of course they offer stuff you won't find from another company. If you buy one, be prepared to mod it.

I agree, but the strong point is of course they offer stuff you won't find from another company. If you buy one, be prepared to mod it.

Thats a bummer just ordered my first one a couple of days ago (KNIGHT TEUTONIC c1128 AD) havent got it yet so i cant comment on the body/articulation but it sounds like ill be disappointed :monkey2:monkey2 but it was quite cheap :D:D

Thank you all for your feedback. I guess I'll have to pre-order him now. He's cheap enough to look past a few potential problems. :D
And Screamingmetal those Greeks are really cool!

I've got some Ignite figures.
They're really nice, but need some customizing and repainting to look really good. I find their bodies quite good actually, very solid and appropriately articulated.

Here's my Roman Legionary (sporting a DML body):
DSCN4187.jpg

And my three knights (all with repainted headsculpts):
DSCN4168.jpg

I just found Ignite is doing a figure I must have.

af039coming.jpg

The figure looks good from here but I've never seen one of their figures up close. I was wondering what the opinions of their quality is. Also how good is their body?
I've been wanting a Swashbuckler figure forever and this looks great so far, but I'd like to get some opinions before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance for your help.

I've had most of their figures in the past. The bodies and many of the sculpts suck. The uniforms and accessories are the absolute best.

I went to Weekend of Heroes and the only thing I picked up were 2 Ignite figures. They had an exclusive Roman Praetorian Guard which hopefully sets a new standard for Ignite. The head is painted and looks far, far, far, far better than the typical Ignite head. AND the helmet fits the head perfectly - another first for Ignite. On closer inspection it appears only that they painted the head instead of molding it in flesh color and not painting it at all. They dirtied it up a bit too. The armor is also got a black wash which keeps it from having the plastic toy look the plastic Ignite armor usually has. Of course the body is the same, although not as loose as usual. He can hold up his shield without it drooping. The belt was held on with a rubberband and upon removing it I found out why - the belt buckle doesn't really work and tends to pull down. But overall the figure is agreat improvement and I'll look closely at Ignite now - hoping this is a trend.

I also got the French Guardsmen. Maybe it's because the entire body is covered in costume, but this is probably one of my favorite Ignites ever. The head is really, really bad - Barbie/Ken bad - one of the worst they've ever done, although the real hair helps. I was thinking that a Gerard Depardieu would be good - perhaps turn this guy into Cyrano. The costume is really, really good, very detailed. And all for $50.

Just noticed the French Guardsman at the top of the thread. That's NOT the figure I got. This one is dressed all in black, has no tabard. I think that top pic is the Musketeer, not the guardsman.

If Ignite would only improve the heads and not use such shiny cheap plastic for the bodies, they could play in the big boy pool.

Wow!
Are those HT Rocky's?

Nope, the older PMC one (guy with sculpted beard that looks a bit like Bale).

Dave, I'd love to see a pic of that Praetorian, I don't think I ever saw it before :)

edit: what I wanted to find out really is if it's a lot different of the recen tribune they made?

ig6.jpg

Last edited:
just go my first ignite figure today its "o.k" not that impressed it looks very plastic doomhammer those bodies look great

Back