kotobukiya stormtroopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

schueybull

got my final trooper today,they are getting expensive on ebay now,maybe cos of the new film,

ebay was the only place i knew of cos a lot of sites were sold out and the corporals are meant to be limited to only 500,very happy with them though but boy they are starting to get pricey:doh

They are also pricey cause two of them were limited to 500 in the US through Star Wars Shop, and the Other is being exclusively distributed through Dark Horse and has not even shipped through them, which means yours came straight from Japan...

yep your right,i got the commander from the uk last week,and the sergeant and corporal came this morning from japan,only took less then a week to get them so im well pleased and no customs tax to pay for once:lol

I'm still kicking myself for not ordering a Sergeant when Star Wars Shop had them. :sick

Please let me know which versions of the Koto Stormtroopers
have been made, and how much they're going for right now, or
if they're sold out at this point.

I'm very interested in all of the ones in the picture, but I'd want
to have the whole set if that is all of them.

Where can I get them if they are available?

Are they super expensive?

JS :wave

The corporal and sergeant were SWS exclusives. They cost $99 and have been sold out a while now.

Corporal is around $180 on ebay and sergeant $150.

The normal, orange, sandtrooper is widely released and you can find him for $65 or so....

Hope this helps.

They are all very nice...vinyl but still nice.

When is the regular Stormtrooper going to be released? I thought it was supposed to be out by now? :dunno

Very nice schueybull, your display makes me think different of the Koto figs. They def look nice together and Ive been on the fence for figures from this company. I may still hold off, but your stormtrooper collection has changed my view a bit, and who knows, my decision on getting into them.

Fritz, I thought the Stormtrooper was being released June/July. Of course there may be a delay. Like Azog mentioned, the stateside release of the Orange Paldron Sandtrooper has been delayed by a month as well.

Picked up all three in a March visit to Tokyo where they were already scarce - the corporal practically gone with the sergeant a close runner-up. These aren't oversized clunky Hasblow figs but sharp detailed sculpts (not scanned) despite the stylization. The backpacks are especially nice - maybe someone can post some pics. Overall quite happy with 'the detachment'.

Thanks schueybull. I'm thinking of putting a mirror behind mine so the packs can be seen too....These being vinyl statues vs. an action figure (think Marmit) there's no arm movement but there is interchangeablity if you have the whole set. Not unlike the GG sandtrooper bust concept but with legs of course.

yeah i agree samurai,these figures are the best purchase ive made in a long time apart from the weta stuff,i dont think ill get any more kotobukya stuff yet cos i got darth maul and it looks a bit plastic compared to the troopers,the troopers look more expensive then they realy are,good idea about putting mirrors around the back though:rock

They are very cool looking, though because of the price I'd probably only get two out of three if I pick them up...I think I'd just get the Sandtrooper and the Corporal, and skip the Sergeant, as he seems the least dynamic one to me from the pics I've seen. I'm very picky as far as Kotobukiya stuff goes, so far I've only really liked the Darth Maul, Boba Fett, ESB Yoda and upcoming Vader, but these look very cool.

Speaking of, anyone have the Koto Scout Trooper? If so, what do you think of him, as that one has kinda taken my interest too, but I'm not quite convinced.

Sev.

Looks like I'll be adding two of these to my collection soon. :clap :yay

I still need to acquire the corporal, and I have a sergeant to
trade anybody even up if somebody would be so kind.

I can't wait to have all 3 together. :banana

JS :wave

By the way - are the arms or any pieces interchangable
between the three Sandtrooper Statues? It seems like
they would be to me, but please somebody that has them
let me know.

Thanks! :bow

JS :toast

Back