How many articulated bodies does Sideshow need to make?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Please add to this list if you like.

1. Chewie, Wampa w/ extenders
  2. Yoda, ESB and ROTS
  3. Darth Vader deserves his own body
  4. C-3PO, White one at Bespin(Name?), 4 Lom, DeathStar Droid
  5. R2-D2, Imperial R2, R5-D4
  6. Ewoks and Jawas can probably share body

Thanks Nolocke. Keep them coming guys! :)

Last edited:
They could also use the C-3PO body for 4 Lom and DeathStar Droid.

Also R2 body's could be used for R2-D2, imperial R2's, and R5-D4.

Gungan body with spring loaded legs...so you can pull him down and he fires away...

And then I came back to reality...

Please add to this list if you like.

1. Chewie, Wampa w/ extenders
  2. Yoda, ESB and ROTS
  3. Darth Vader deserves his own body
  4. C-3PO, White one at Bespin(Name?), 4 Lom, DeathStar Droid
  5. R2-D2, Imperial R2, R5-D4
  6. Ewoks and Jawas can probably share body

Thanks Nolocke. Keep them coming guys! :)

Yoda they can just use the child body as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather him be a little out of scale and get him than wait till they have a small enough body. I would say the droids will come with the help of HT.R2 doesn't need his own body. He's a can with some articulation. Ewoks and Jawas could also get the child body. Vader I'm assuming they'll be using the armored body or the promethus.

Yoda they can just use the child body as far as I'm concerned.

:monkey4 Yoda is supposed to go up to about the knees. If they used the child body it would be so grossly out of scale as to look completely ridiculous. Its really not even remotely close.

I think there is maybe a chance they could use the child body for Ewoks, Ugnaughts, and Jawas, but even that is pushing it.

Yoda on the child body would actually drive people back to Hasbro, that would be so bad a move.

I'd rather see SSC make Yoda a properly scaled statue like Medicom than see them make him 6" tall like the Hobbits. LOL.

Here's some one off figures I'd love to see:

Watto
Geonosian
Trade Federal Droid
Droiddeka
Boss Nass
Gamorrean Guard
Amanaman

:monkey4 Yoda is supposed to go up to about the knees. If they used the child body it would be so grossly out of scale as to look completely ridiculous. Its really not even remotely close.

I think there is maybe a chance they could use the child body for Ewoks, Ugnaughts, and Jawas, but even that is pushing it.

Yoda on the child body would actually drive people back to Hasbro, that would be so bad a move.

I'd rather see SSC make Yoda a properly scaled statue like Medicom than see them make him 6" tall like the Hobbits. LOL.

The chances of them doing a body that small for Yoda have to be fairly remote at best. I'd rather him be a smidge out of scale and get him than never get him but thats just me as I'd like some articulation unlike the Medicom piece.

The chances of them doing a body that small for Yoda have to be fairly remote at best. I'd rather him be a smidge out of scale and get him than never get him but thats just me as I'd like some articulation unlike the Medicom piece.

3" tall going to 6" tall is not a "smidge", IMO. Thats a whole doubling! I really think it would look absurd if you posed a 6" tall Yoda next to Dagobah Luke or Mace Windu. I really do. If SSC doesn't care about scale, they may as well make Yoda using the 12" body and go ahead and call him a 1/2 scale figure.

Last edited:
3" tall going to 6" tall is not a "smidge", IMO. Thats a whole doubling! I really think it would look absurd if you posed a 6" tall Yoda next to Dagobah Luke or Mace Windu. I really do.

Call it what you want then. :rolleyes: I realize its an actual doubling but what I'm saying is its not enough to get all ticky tack about. I don't think SS is gonna put the time into a 3" body because they can't do much with it. Now, if they use the Hobbit Body then thats a different story. It would look a little strange but no more than trying to use the Medicom piece IMO.

If SSC doesn't care about scale, they may as well make Yoda using the 12" body and go ahead and call him a 1/2 scale figure.

I'm trying to make a point and you gotta go being a ******. :rolleyes:

Yoda needs his own in-scale body. Anything less would be a disservice and insult to the line. Do it right or do it not.

Yoda needs his own in-scale body. Anything less would be a disservice and insult to the line. Do it right or do it not.

Who else would they use it for though? People are complaing about The Mummy line being worthless cause SS will lose money but other than Yoda and maybe a Jawa is there any reason to make a 3" body? Unless the child body can be taken down in scale. I think disservice and insult are a touch strong and I'd say we probably won't see a Yoda figure then. IMO of course. :lol

I'm trying to make a point and you gotta go being a ******. :rolleyes:

What I said wasn't even close to being offensive. :dunno I'm on subject. Your stance seemed absurd to me and I went ahead and made the point that if scale isn't as important as using a currently available body they might as well go all out and use the biggest body they had and make a big figure that wasn't considered 1/6 scale. Not sure why you felt I was being offensive to you.

And regarding use, the Yoda body will be used for at least 2 different Yodas. And as far as I know they aren't using the molds for Salacious Crumb or Bubo or the Mynock for anything else either.

Last edited:
I don't see some super articulated body made for Yoda. There wouldn't be any other use for the body.

What I said wasn't even close to being offensive. :dunno I'm on subject. Your stance seemed absurd to me and I went ahead and made the point that if scale isn't as important as using a currently available body they might as well go all out and use the biggest body they had and make a big figure that wasn't considered 1/6 scale. Not sure why you felt I was being offensive to you.

And regarding use, the Yoda body will be used for at least 2 different Yodas. And as far as I know they aren't using the molds for Salacious Crumb or Bubo or the Mynock for anything else either.

No you where being a smart ass. We where trying to have a discussion and as absurd as you thought my point to be you had to go being a jerk. I was fine with what you said before but the end was like come on now you're just being a ******.

Using the Hobbit body would be the best current body and the most inscale. Unless they're going to make a 3" body which I highly doubt they do. I want Yoda to move and have articulation not to be a statue like Bubo, Salacious, or the Mynock. He deserves more than that for how cool he is in the SW Mythos.

I don't see some super articulated body made for Yoda. There wouldn't be any other use for the body.

That's why I think if we get one using the hobbit body would be ok. They might even be able to mod it some down in scale.

I'll side with Prog on this. There was nothing douchee about what he said... your response on the other hand.... :lol

I felt the end of his response was being a smart ass to the discussion we where trying to have. So I said as much. As far as my response there was nothing wrong with it. I called what I saw what I thought it was. :rolleyes:

Yoda would look so wrong on a Hobbit body.

Just try and picture a Hobbit Yoda on Lukes back, yea pretty stupid.

Back