If Sideshow makes Ewoks, do you want synthetic fur?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want a Sideshow Ewok to have synthetic fur?

• Yes

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No, I want it sculpted

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
While Han Solo's suave head of hair and Frodo's hairy feet are sculpted for obvious reasons, I think it is important for the Ewoks, like Chewie, to be furred. For these characters, their body hair is more in line with 'clothing' than hairstyle. To fit with the other 1:6 characters, I think it just wouldn't look right if they were sculpted. I imagine Sideshow could make a small articulated body with thin limbs that can be used for Ewoks and Jawas. Then they could build a fur suit to put the articulated body inside. With Sideshow's new trend in price increases, I imagine an Ewok will cost over $100 and for that money, I cannot justify a sculpted piece. What do you guys prefer?

It ain't gonna happen but sure.

Let's have some optimism man!! :D

If consumers don't have any expectations, then why should Sideshow ever innovate anything?

I know I don't like Ewoks enough to pay for sculpted fur. They have to visually impress me enough to make a purchase. But yes, the fur has to be done right.

Personally, while I think real fur would be preferable on a character like Chewbacca because it is so long and flowing, ewoks have short, curly fur that would be pretty much impossible to get right. So I'd be perfectly happy with sculpted fur for them.

I've actually been thinking about this.
I think I'd want fur as long as it was well done and not just a big fur ball.
It could end up really bad if not done right.

I can only speak as a customizer... so I vote fur... same with Chewie. I use faux fur on my Myers head and it styles fantastically. You could make the fur look however you want, using hair gel or hairspray.. many different techniques. It would allow for matted hair and a more realistic look than molded plastic.

It has to look good, not all spiky like pretty much every Hasbro figure...

Fur can be very difficult, but if you get it right, it looks fantastic...

Real fur would be preferable but given the potential QC issues I don't see it happening and given that Sideshow can't even engineer new base bodies without help and struggle to paint their production figures properly (at least on a consistent basis) they are the last company I expect to innovate a new technique for applying fur to articulated bodies.

Real fur would be preferable but given the potential QC issues I don't see it happening and given that Sideshow can't even engineer new base bodies without help and struggle to paint their production figures properly (at least on a consistent basis) they are the last company I expect to innovate a new technique for applying fur to articulated bodies.

What makes you think that Hot Toys wouldn't be heavily involved in the engineering of these as well. And considering they are the best at 1:6 engineering...

Bar head hair on 12"er, I want 1:6 representation of my figures so Ewoks and Wookies I want in fur! 100% Beaver fur... Hey if it's good enought for Indiana Jones it's good enough for me!

Sculpted. These types of figures no matter WHO is making them tend to be hard to make look right.

Can anyone show me an example of a 1/6 scale figure with real fur like you're suggesting for the ewoks? I can't recall even seeing a custom figure with real, good looking ewok-style (as opposed to wookie-style) fur, much less a mass-produced figure. I just don't think people are being realistic about the challenges involved.

Back