Kung Fu Panda. Go See it. Skudoosh.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I took the kids to see KFP this weekend in IMAX, and we loved it. Best animated flick since last year's Ratatouille, and Wall-E is going to have to work to beat it.

If you go in believing it's just a silly little kid's movie like Madagascar or Shrek, that's all you'll see. But if you give it a real viewing, paying attention to the multiple themes going on, you'll realize there's a lot more here than meets the eye.

It also helps that there's a) a TON of action, with terrific animation, b) terrific voice acting, b) they don't hammer you over the head with any of the plot points. Of course there are things set up early in the movie to play out later, but they don't telegraph these things by screaming them in your face.

Oh, and that 'skudoosh' line from the trailer? Doesn't happen when they show it in the trailer. And when he does say it, it's absolutely perfect.

I saw a double feature of The Zohan and Kung Fu Panda and I actually fell asleep during Panda it was that bad.

I took my kids to see it and we all loved it. I thought it was beautiful to look at, with great voices and a good story. One of my favorite Dreamworks films so far and something that I enjoyed more than some of the weaker Pixar movies.

Thought it was a pretty good toon.

Though the Panda reminded me more of Hurly on Lost than Jack Black lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it. This and Wall-E are two of my most anticipated animated movies this year.

Have to agree - a great animated film. Between this and Ratatouille, I don't miss 2D animation at all. Jack Black played himself instead of Curley from the 3 Stooges (Shark Tales) and it worked wonderfully.

The 6th graders at my Junior High have been walking around saying Skudoosh so you know it was a hit amongst them. Most of my 8th graders though have gone and seen Zohan and have been quoting text from that film....

The 6th graders at my Junior High have been walking around saying Skudoosh so you know it was a hit amongst them. Most of my 8th graders though have gone and seen Zohan and have been quoting text from that film....

Smell it...Smell it...Smell it...Now Take it !!!

I have yet to see a Dreamworks animated film that I enjoy, but I've heard nothing but good things about this one. I doubt I'll go to the theater to see it but I'm looking forward to seeing it on dvd.

We took our youngest boy to see this on Saturday....and we all loved it, as did the rest of the people in the theatre from the sound of things. Not quite in the same ballpark as The Incredibles, but terrific all the same. Two thumbs up! :rock

I saw a double feature of The Zohan and Kung Fu Panda and I actually fell asleep during Panda it was that bad.

I totally disagree. Zohan sucked balls (theater hop anybody?) and Panda kicked ass.

Wall-E will conquer all. That movie's going to make so much money it's disgusting

This I agree with. We already got our tickets for free (wife's Disney dollars from her credit card).

I totally disagree. Zohan sucked balls (theater hop anybody?) and Panda kicked ass.

This I agree with. We already got our tickets for free (wife's Disney dollars from her credit card).

I must say, perhaps the movie would ahve been better if I was awake for the whole thing......Was it me, or was jackie chan in it for like 5 minutes?

I must say, perhaps the movie would ahve been better if I was awake for the whole thing......Was it me, or was jackie chan in it for like 5 minutes?

Well, the bigger parts were Jack Black, Hoffman, and Jolie for sure... but I think Chan had decent enough lines.

But if just the voices over the animation are your thing... then I guess you were disappointed?

Well, the bigger parts were Jack Black, Hoffman, and Jolie for sure... but I think Chan had decent enough lines.

But if just the voices over the animation are your thing... then I guess you were disappointed?

No, I just say jackie chan because I can't remember the character's name.

Back