PDA

View Full Version : British Invasion section?

Memnoch
06-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Dave, I know you kicked the idea around before but could we get a British Invasion section? That way we can keep stuff like the threads on Doctor Who, Harry Potter, eventually Primeval, and any others together? I know right now Doctor Who and Harry Potter stuff is split between two different sections (General Movie/TV for some collectibles and then Other Discussion for the books/films [HP], Doctor Who has a smattering everywhere). I think it would make for more organization and then we would be able to keep things fairly contained. Any takers with me? :lol

Darklord Dave
06-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Not a bad idea, although up til now each section has at least a tentative connection to some Sideshow product. The British Invasion section wouldn't really. But we'll take it under consideration.

carbo-fation
06-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I think an Anime and DC section should come way before a British Invasion section.:lecture

Memnoch
06-08-2008, 06:19 PM
I think an Anime and DC section should come way before a British Invasion section.:lecture

So make it Sci Fi/Fantasy - General or something. As it is though I suggested it because the British stuff is so spread around, no one is sure where it goes. There are at least 2 different Doctor Who figure threads, one older and one newer, in two different sections. That's what spurred it, and the fact Dave has talked about it before when we tried to take over the Whedonville area.

Darklord Dave
06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
I think there are far more Doctor Who and Harry Potter threads than anime. Of course because of Batman and Watchmen there's some call for DC, but I'm tempted to just change Marvel into "Comics".

Anime -there doesn't seem to be much call for aside from the occasional Medicom figure.

pixletwin
06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I think there should be general sci-fi collectibles section... lose whedonville.

Memnoch
06-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I think there should be general sci-fi collectibles section... lose whedonville.

That would work for me, only I ask Dave some thread editing power. :lol No, really. I'd love to have a list for what exactly is out there for Doctor Who or something like that. Man, so many variations, so little time. Hmm, wonder if we could talk SS into trying to get the license for the 1/6 scale. :lol

BuffyGirl
06-08-2008, 10:35 PM

Noooo don't lose it yet. I am not ready for it to be gone!

Memnoch
06-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Noooo don't lose it yet. I am not ready for it to be gone!

Except there's nothing really coming from SS to have it around anymore, and unless there's a new PF at SDCC I'd say Whedon is pretty much dead to them. Rename it and give it a new focus so that it may still live on and might even get visited more often.

pixletwin
06-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Except there's nothing really coming from SS to have it around anymore, and unless there's a new PF at SDCC I'd say Whedon is pretty much dead to them. Rename it and give it a new focus so that it may still live on and might even get visited more often.

Bump!........... :rock

ProgMatinee
06-09-2008, 10:38 AM

Preach on brother! An influx of folks with ideas about Dr. Who and other stuff may even spark some Buffey conversation too, who knows...

Anyway, I agree to make the Marvel sections a "Comics" section and then make the Whedonville one "SciFi and Fantasy" though I'm not sure where that leaves the General TV and Movies section. Not much collectible conversation outside SciFi and Fantasy and Horror, really.

uscmhicks
06-09-2008, 11:33 AM
"A British section would work for me "!!:rock

And soon we will take over the whole forum !!. :maul:maul

MUUUHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA !!!!!

http://www.360gamr.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/50004british-flag-posters.jpg

BuffyGirl
06-09-2008, 11:51 AM

I emailed sideshow's customer service dept and they told me the line wasn't dead. They didn't tell me what would be coming next though...

"Please be advised our Buffy line is not dead or closed, it is just
currently on hiatus."

pixletwin
06-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Hiatus means slow death. :lecture

Rogue Trooper
06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't think we want to see a trace of Primeval on the freaks board, the show sucks.

uscmhicks
06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Hiatus means slow death. :lecture

:rotfl:rotfl:lol
It is not dead ... it is dying a slow and painful death. :monkey3

ProgMatinee
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Maybe they mean its not dead until all Willow, Giles, and Oz figures sell out. Which means it may live forever.

pixletwin
06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
:lol :lol :lol