Custom 1:6 Chachapoyan Fertility Idol Pedestal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not quite done yet... a few little tweaks left to do (and I need to balance the moss a bit as well) but I figured I'd snap a quick iPhone pic to share:

idolpedestal.jpg

The idol I'm using (for now) is the 1:6 "relic" that comes with Hasbro's Belloq figure. I repainted it with 24k Gold leaf.

Thanks! The base is wood, the core of the pedestal was cardboard, which I added sculpy to and sculpted with an X-Acto and some other small tools. The top is a combination of sculpy, a 20 oz soda bottle cap, and spot putty. The moss I found at HobbyTown USA and works perfectly. I bought a whole huge bag of it and plan to use it for lots of Indy display stuff. :duff

IJ, good thing you dont live next to me, or I would have dispatched a burglar to your place. Are you planning to use this with the upcoming 1/4 PF? If so, you won't need the idol.

IJ, good thing you dont live next to me, or I would have dispatched a burglar to your place. Are you planning to use this with the upcoming 1/4 PF? If so, you won't need the idol.

Actually, this one is 1/6 scale (for use with the Sideshow 12" figure which will also have a better idol)... but I'm already starting on the 1/4 one. :D

Also in the works: 1/4 scaled Sankara Stones and Staff of Ra Headpiece. :rock

Actually, I'd like you try your hand at the festive food during TOD, especially the chilled monkey brains you're using as your avatar now.

WOW....Nice!!!
Man, if you could make the stone beneath the idol sink when you remove it, that would be awesome!!!

Very cool. Got to say thats a great gold paint you used, never seen gold painted that good.

Yeah, I've discovered what I think is a pretty darn swell gold painting technique that only electro-plating can beat (which is what I am doing with my 1:1 "Hero" Idol).

Here's my 1:1 "Stunt" Idol finished with the same paint as the 1:6 one:

stunt_idol.jpg

The base looks GREAT! :rock I love that kinda stuff. Can't wait to see what all you do with your Indy displays when he gets here.

Back