• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

But he's my friend...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hew

Super Freak
Reaction score
I work with a guy that I consider a friend--he is trying to sell his SS Mary Jane to me. His price--$110. He's really not aware of the wonderful secondary market value for this.

I need someone to tell me its ok!!!

I'm trying to think of all the crap he's pulled on me over the years. Maybe he's slept with my GF then I could take it from him at that price.

if you even have to ask then on some level you feel guilt so therefore you would regret doing it.

I would look at it this way, worst case scenario is he finds out he sold it for less than it is worth and that you knew it at the time and it dissolves your friendship. So the question is which is more important risking a friendship for a good price on a piece, or paying more and knowing you helped your friend out?

Yeah.. yeah...that's what I thought you guys would say.

Sideshow freaks message board-my moral compass:D

BTW sorry for not posting in the general section

Yeah, taking advantage of a friend over money is never good... But drawing on their face with a Scharpie when they're passed out drunk is fine. :lecture

How much is MJ going for, btw?

I sold my exclusive for about 260 shipped recently, but I was actually giving a forum member a deal.

There are some regs on the bay for about $200 now

He's your friend, you should never take advantage of that.

He's not my friend, so tell him to sell it to me. :)

Yeah.. yeah...that's what I thought you guys would say.

Sideshow freaks message board-my moral compass:D

BTW sorry for not posting in the general section

There's a scary thought...

I sold my exclusive for about 260 shipped recently, but I was actually giving a forum member a deal.

There are some regs on the bay for about $200 now

and i am forever grateful for that :D

if i was in your situation, i would definitely tell em the going price cuz its not worth potentially losing a friend for a few extra bucks

you have morals now. you can no longer be a "Disciple of Bender" WWBD :lol :monkey3
BTW let him know. he'll probally still sell it to you for that price anyway cause he's your friend.

..judging by the title of your thread, you want to tell your friend. So do what you think is right.

"But" he is your friend. Means you have a guilty conscience if you don't tell him so ...

Just an update...I told him he could get much more but that I wasn't going to pay it--he still gave it to me at his asking price.

I did let him make a sandwhich while he was over at my house so I consider us even:D

Back