Just saw Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nemo Nint

This movie is very interesting and fun! I laughed several times throughout the movie, although it's not a comedy.

I think it's a very valid rental movie and perhaps one of good enough quality to buy, if it comes with lots of supplementals when it's on DVD.

See it with someone who is lighthearted, or let yourself just be lighthearted when you watch it. Seeing it with someone who is between 10 and 20 but not cynical to rediculous things (just one who'd laugh and have fun) will make it better, the social outing with someone who will love it.

I loved it, and there were parts that I didn't laugh at but the people I was with did, etc. etc.

I especially enjoy Meryl Streep's line something like "oh NO! Don't go near the fridge, incase it falls and crushes you FLAT!"

and also she says "oh I don't like doorknobs, I'm afraid if I touch one it'll shatter into a million pieces and one will hit me in the eye." :rollin

another great quote in the movie: Jim Carrey saying "bbrUURRBRUUURRB-brrrbbrrbb" or alternatively described as shaking your head quickly from side to side, and doing a comical-sounding "brr-freaky-shudder-at-creepy-thought" buuhhhbbbbb--hhhh... sound.

sorry I can't really describe this very good.

It's very Roald Dahl in style, and really realistic looking if you suspend your disbelief. :)

two twisted thumbs up!

Re: Just saw Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

ignore this post

and this post also. I was testing something in ezboard

Hey Grey Wizard, congratulations. :rock :rock2

I am looking forward to seeing this. I think Jim Carey is great, especially in his stranger rolls - Cable Guy, and Eternal Sunshine. :xmas

Re: re

Just saw Lemony Snicket - I thought it looked great and Carrey was funny, but I didn't have the same connection to it that I do to the Potter books and 3rd film.

I'd be curious how fans of the books feel about the film.

Re: re

Went to see this yesterday, and its wacky to say the least. although i cant stand jim carrey it kept my attension and was a generally fun film,plus the child casting was superb

Would you say a 5 and 10 year old would be bored stiff? The wife wants to go to a movie and wants to see this. I think the 5 year old may lose interest fast. We shall see.

I have a 4 and 8 year olds and they sat through the movie, there was a couple times the movie even made them jump.
They enjoyed it.

Saw it this afternoon. "Different" is the first word that comes to mind. I liked it. It was...different. ; ) Not as funny as some people were expecting, considering Jim Carrey was in it, although it had funny moments and some of his schtick. My 5 year old daughter hid under her blanket a couple times, but says she liked it anyways.

ahahha first thing my 8 yr old said was "that was kind of a weird movie, I liked it but it was kind of strange"

holy_necroposting_batman.jpg

I thought it was a good movie

Back