• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Hard Hero Iron Man Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nash

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pm me if you have one for sale. thanks!

14374868762a8379a6a6se9.jpg

hey nash, just a warning. the paint application absolutely is the worse of any statue i owned on this iron man. i even took it out of my im display, it was that bad. i sold it to my cousin who has it on display at his shop.

the colors were awful, with the red being more flat than gloss and the gold having a green tint to it. i would have tried a repaint but my cousin gave me what i paid for it helping to free some funds for something else. the koto iron man looks very promising, the 1:1 scale im should be coming soon, and bowen is supposed to be making a modern im as well, although the sculpting pics that were on the bowen website are no longer there. i hope that's not a licensing problem because it was the best one i've seen so far.

hey nash, just a warning. the paint application absolutely is the worse of any statue i owned on this iron man. i even took it out of my im display, it was that bad. i sold it to my cousin who has it on display at his shop.

the colors were awful, with the red being more flat than gloss and the gold having a green tint to it. i would have tried a repaint but my cousin gave me what i paid for it helping to free some funds for something else. the koto iron man looks very promising, the 1:1 scale im should be coming soon, and bowen is supposed to be making a modern im as well, although the sculpting pics that were on the bowen website are no longer there. i hope that's not a licensing problem because it was the best one i've seen so far.

hey bro, thank you for the reply. I had no idea these had their problems. Most of the threads that Ive read over at SF were nothing but praises for this statue. If that is a widespread problem then Im glad you told me about it. I totally know about the new bowen one with the classic armor coming out and that one looks bad ass as well. Maybe I'll just wait for that then. Honestly Ive never really been a fan of the HH stuff, but Ive never seen any in person and this one just caught my eye from pics online.

hey bro, thank you for the reply. I had no idea these had their problems. Most of the threads that Ive read over at SF were nothing but praises for this statue. If that is a widespread problem then Im glad you told me about it. I totally know about the new bowen one with the classic armor coming out and that one looks bad ass as well. Maybe I'll just wait for that then. Honestly Ive never really been a fan of the HH stuff, but Ive never seen any in person and this one just caught my eye from pics online.

i don't know if the problem was widespread. i assumed the colors i got were standard, since these come in very limited runs. i think they made 1000.

I'm thinking you may have gotten a dud dude. I have the HH red IM and the colors are beautiful on mine!

Good luck on your search Nash bro!

This is the first time I've read about any paint problems with this magnificent piece. Definitely one of the best IM's out there, just wish it was a bit bigger. Here's some pics of mine to help you decide:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26948&page=25

I'm thinking you may have gotten a dud dude. I have the HH red IM and the colors are beautiful on mine!

Good luck on your search Nash bro!

i have several iron man statues and busts from bowen, the ss lsb and the best comics exclusive. the gold on the hh statue didn't match any. and my red was flat, nothing like the gloss i've seen in production photos.

SquiderM3, didn't like the painted eyeballs seen through the mask, the small fire bubbles on his feet or the lifeless color of the rock base, as well as the poor paint app. a friend that saw it displayed said the rock behind im looked like randy marsh taking a giant dump. :lol imo, FAR from magnificent. that would be the 1:1 im bust or sim. :D

2957.jpg

71552_press07-001.jpg

Last edited:
Got the HH iron man and like Squider, mine is ok. Maybe it's a matter of getting lucky to get a good one.

Got the HH iron man and like Squider, mine is ok. Maybe it's a matter of getting lucky to get a good one.

i have heard people with various problems with hh from bad paint to broken statues, but no more than the average maker. i think their quality control was bad. they were a small company out of tenn. and had limited runs. one bad batch could have been the reason they lost their marvel license.

well if a good one looks anything like the picture above, please sell me one.

well if a good one looks anything like the picture above, please sell me one.

i may have gotten a bad one but got mine directly from hh. i wouldn't have let the one i received ever get to a customer if i owned or worked at hh. not too surprising they lost their marvel license.

i may have gotten a bad one but got mine directly from hh. i wouldn't have let the one i received ever get to a customer if i owned or worked at hh. not too surprising they lost their marvel license.

That's quite presumptuous. If QC had anything to do with licensing, Sideshow would have lost their's long ago. There are far more complaints of SS pieces than every other company put together. Don't get me wrong, I love SS products but their QC is a whole different story.

Sorry guys but i forsee this becoming a HUGE debate. Please start a new thread for SS QC discussions. For now, I'd like to buy a HH Iron man :)

I've got a NIB HH Stealth I/M if you're interested in that one.
Unfortunately I don't have the regular version. Good luck!

JS :)

yo JS! thanks for the heads up bro. Not interested in the stealthy version at this time though. The regular one is calling my name :D

Does anyone know what retail was for this piece? Is $299 + shipping something to go for?

I bought mine a few months ago for $250 + tax at a local comic shop. I think the going rate on ebay is about $300 nowadays though.

And I'm pretty sure RyanGabriel is right in that they retailed at $199 when they were first released.

I bought mine a few months ago for $250 + tax at a local comic shop. I think the going rate on ebay is about $300 nowadays though.

And I'm pretty sure RyanGabriel is right in that they retailed at $199 when they were first released.

yes and yes.

Back