Guitar Hero: METALLICA (01/2009)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giant Chicken

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well it seems that Guitar Hero is now an easy cash cow for Activision. Change the charaters... plug in new songs.

Since they are doing themed games now I for one think that Aerosmith and Metallica are nice bands to start with.

coming 01/2009

GH:Metallica

Huh, I may need to buy it now... although its not like I could keep up with any of Metallica's songs.

Damm a hole GH game of Metallica songs, it will take forever to beat. My arm may fall off tying.

I actually don't like this because themed games mean that all around games like the Guitar Heroes we've seen in the past become less and less likely.

I heard they were working on a U2 version and I hope it's true. I preordered the Aerosmith version coming out this month, but I'm not a big Metallica fan and I don't think I'll be getting that one.

Pretty cool. I'll probably get this as well as the Aerosmith edition.

Im hoping for a KISS and Alice Cooper edition. I may get the Metallica one.

Who the hell would want an Aerosmith one though?

:p

I believe that Nirvana's Nevermind is going to be available as an album download for Rock Band in the near future. I like the idea of giving us a variety of albums/artists as downloads that might not be worthy of an entire game. But it seems that Guitar Hero never even thought about competing with Rock Band in the downloadable content race.

yeah, whatever happened to Rock Band releasing the entire album of ...And Justice for All?

Instead we get The Scorpions and The Cars.

I have a feeling that would be a very hard album to play on this game on anything past medium skill level.

I have a feeling that would be a very hard album to play on this game on anything past medium skill level.

Not to mention your arm will want to fall off after about 2 or 3 songs.

hell, i don't think i've ever played a song in GH song on any level past Medium. i just have little musical skill. once you mix in the orange button, it's all over.

i tried my first Rock Band drums song on Hard last night. wow, was that wild.
but i passed!
:woo

hell, i don't think i've ever played a song in GH song on any level past Medium. i just have little musical skill. once you mix in the orange button, it's all over.

i tried my first Rock Band drums song on Hard last night. wow, was that wild.
but i passed!
:woo

I have "passed" a few songs on Hard level ( GH 2 ), but not many. I fail most of them. It just moves too fast for me to keep up with. Of course I have never really learned how the hammer ons and pull offs work in this game either. I just play on medium most of the time.

I need to pick up rock band one of these days I liked gh2 but passed on gh3 and rock band. I think I will like rock band more because they are putting out whole albums for dl.

I need to pick up rock band one of these days I liked gh2 but passed on gh3 and rock band. I think I will like rock band more because they are putting out whole albums for dl.

I'm waiting for GH 4. It's has drums too and it's a better set up. More realistic with dedicated "symbols". I think they will also offer full album downloads as well.

Weird, Metallica whined and ^^^^^ about people to downloading their music, but they will allow it to be used in Guitar Hero....what a bunch of hypocrites. I hate Metallica.

Weird, Metallica whined and ^^^^^ about people to downloading their music, but they will allow it to be used in Guitar Hero....what a bunch of hypocrites. I hate Metallica.

Pretty much. I still like their stuff up to an including the Black album, but after that they can kiss my ass. They are some serious ^^^^^es.

Pretty much. I still like their stuff up to an including the Black album, but after that they can kiss my ass. They are some serious ^^^^^es.

What kills me, is that I like their music, I just hate them. I'm conflicted with the urge to punch them in the face, while putting on headphones listening to their music.

Back