06-02-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45590

Johnny Depp will make a good vampire.

Malice
06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
that sounds pretty good...........

The Craw
06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
those two make a great team. burton brings the best out of depp with challenging roles.

DarkArtist81
06-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Badass! My Mom loved that show, I was raised watching it. Depp and Burton would do it justice no doubt. Can't wait to see where they take it. :rock

Shai
06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow that will be awesome !!!Those 2 together are the best cinematic Duo.

King Darkness
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Awesome!!! I'm there:rock

Depp + Burton=GOLD!!

Batty
06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I wonder if this movie will be dark. :D

Josette
06-02-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm sooooo excited about this. I'll never forget first reading about Depp playing Barnabas.

carbo-fation
06-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Never watched the series, but anything with Burton and Depp has to be good.

Bodie The Cursed
06-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Sounds good...

IrishJedi
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
I already cannot wait for the inevitable 1:6 Depp as Barnabas figure. :rock

Lembas Eater
06-02-2008, 07:03 PM
When do tickets go on sale?

galactiboy
06-02-2008, 07:09 PM

Depp + Burton=GOLD!!

Yeah, generally... but just to throw it out there: 2 remakes of older movies from Burton (one with Depp)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- terrible movie
Planet of the Apes- one of the worst movies of all time

Here's hoping a movie version of a soap opera about vampires, werewolves and what-not can fair better. I really want this to be awesome, but every so often Burton churns out some terrible crap.

IronFingaz
06-03-2008, 05:12 AM

Depp + Burton=GOLD!!

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Can't wait to see it!!!

Brent72
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
If Depp's in it, I'm there. :cool:

Isabel Skyfire
06-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh I'm so going to watch that!!!:banana

Maglor
03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/06/25/johnny-depp-tim-burton-on-board-for-dark-shadows/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows_%28film%29

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/

I know there are some Dark Shadows fans here. And you must have opinions about this movie.

I never followed the original series much, but the little I have seen I liked. I think it would be very cool to see Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins... well I just want to see him with fangs! :rock

I know the whole vampire thing is way too big right now, but this might be very cool.

plasmid303
03-22-2010, 10:06 PM
:lol what the heck is it with this relationship between Burton and Depp?

Maglor
03-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah, they're joined at the hip.

Batty
03-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Scorsese and De Niro, Kurosawa and Mifune, Herzog and Kinski, Burton and Depp. Some relationships work very well together. Well, maybe Herzog and Kinski didn't exactly work well together, but they made great movies. :lol

Dark Shadows should be great.

dragonsleeper
03-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Awesome news I know Johnny was a big fan...Hopefully HT jumps on the license for Barnabas Collins figure...

Maglor
03-22-2010, 10:31 PM
^^^^

Wow, I hadn't even started thinking about collectibles yet! But that would be rad!!! :rock

Kabukiman
03-23-2010, 06:25 AM
They're making a Dark Shadows movie? It's been years since I've seen it, but it was basically a soap, right? How and why would one make a movie based on a soap?

Maglor
03-23-2010, 07:39 AM
:dunno ask Johnny Depp, it was his idea.

Batfreak
03-23-2010, 01:35 PM
i watched the show a bit, the reruns when i was younger and thinking it looked creepy. great show though, i would love to see this made into a movie, but like most TV-to-movie films, the cast wouldntbe nearly as good.

Maglor
04-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Entertainment Earth - Dark Shadows Figures Coming in August 2010.

The Burton film is this Fall... coincidence?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SPT5768

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SPT5769

Shropt
04-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Remember when Tim Burton made original films? Those were the days.

Kuzeh
04-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Remember when Tim Burton made original films? Those were the days.

As much as I love most of his movies, I have to agree with this,
he needs to make something different pronto!

Maglor
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
It would be nice to see him do something as original as Edward Scissorhands or Beetlejuice again, but he is well suited to Dark Shadows.

ProgMatinee
04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
"Dark Shadows"...finally the name of the movie AND Tim Burton's most prevailing cinematic technique will be one in the same!

Maglor
04-14-2010, 12:11 PM
^^^^^

:lol Indeed

CelticPredator
04-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Yes! I cannot wait for Tim Burton's next fortee into more crappy Hot Topic emo products! I'm so excited to see Helen Boham Carter play another creepy, pasty, dark eyed crazy british chick! Oh yes indeedy! Maybe we'll here another great oompa doompa bongy unoriginal bland theme from Danny Elfman!

And I cannot forget, Johnny Depp as a creepy, pasty, darked eyed crazy british dude!

This will RULE.....

:( goddamn you Tim Burton.

Kuzeh
07-15-2010, 03:35 PM
At last!!!
I hope it's good!!!

:rock!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67970

Dark Shadows Set to Shoot in January

Source: Deadline July 15, 2010

Tim Burton's Dark Shadows is set to roll in January 2011, reports Deadline.

The film has also received a new writer in the form of Seth Grahame-Smith (author of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"), who will rewrite the John August screenplay.

Based on the cult soap opera from the 1960's, the film stars Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins, a popular vampire character who took over the show's focus after he first appeared one year into the series' original five year run

hairlesswookiee
07-15-2010, 03:37 PM
^^Nice. I just finished Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last month. Pretty funny read.

Maglor
07-15-2010, 03:49 PM
I'll see it.

And perhaps a merge is in order. :)

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73918

Devil_666
07-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Will there be singing?

BadMoon
07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Have loved these two paired up. However I hated the new alice movie.

Maglor
07-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I posted my thread about this movie shortly after the Alice movie came out and I got a bunch of haters posting. :lol

jonny88
07-16-2010, 03:52 AM
the guys from South Park are right. if Burton loves Depp so much they should just have sex already.:lol . anyways they do make good movies together.

Josette
07-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Honestly, my fear is that Burton and Depp will make it silly (like Alice and Charlie), and I'm pretty much done with any future movies they do if that happens.

Dark Shadows should be more like Sleepy Hollow - gothic and atmospheric.

And no Helena Bonham Carter in the freakin' movie, please!

Maglor
07-16-2010, 08:03 AM
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35192

The Ween
07-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Though I will watch it because of Depp, Burton just isn't delivering anymore. His latest movies are nice to look at, but that's about it.

Sweet Rabbit
07-16-2010, 01:14 PM
burton + depp + dark shadows = win

galactiboy
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
I've honestly grown tired of the Depp + Burton movies. Seems like its just a tired relationship anymore and seems to lead to more mediocrity than anything else.

I assume its more on Burton though, as non-Burton Depp films still seem good.

The Ween
07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Depp always does a good job, even in a mediocre movie. Burton just spends too much time on the weird visuals instead of the story itself.

CelticPredator
07-16-2010, 03:36 PM
burton + depp + = fail

I agree.....:monkey1

blakus939
07-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Usually nicely immserive though. This duo yet AGAIN lol?! Sounds interesting though, love Depp myself, Burton can bring it, but really does need to fixate more on story as said, like original Batmans. I was so disappointed with Alice despite the world he created. I actually said to mself that if they duo'ed again that I'd pass as they certainly let me down for the last time with that BUT I just like Johnny too much, so will give it a go as it does sound ok.
"And no Helena Bonham Carter in the freakin' movie, please!"
Yes completely agree there too. Stunning actress, but we need at least a little break TB!

Morbach
07-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Charlie and the chocolate factory blew chunks as did Alice In Wonderland. If Burton's new movies are to reflect what we can expect from now on I hope they get a new director fast. I want Dark Shadows to be erie, not a ____ing acid trip.

Kuzeh
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Update!!!

http://screenrant.com/dark-shadows-burton-depp-production-sandy-86393/

Burton & Depp’s ‘Dark Shadows’ Begins Production in April 2011

Director Tim Burton and Johnny Depp will, at long last, work together (for an eighth time, that is) on a feature-length treatment of the cult TV show Dark Shadows.

Burton and Depp are (wisely) taking a break from working together on quirkier fare like Alice in Wonderland and will be on more familiar, gothic territory with their new project – which is scheduled to start production this spring.

Deadline is reporting that April 2011 is the planned start date for production to begin on Dark Shadows, which was originally a hit ABC television series that ran from 1966-1971. The Dark Shadows TV show was a macabre melodrama that featured an assortment of supernatural creatures, including werewolves, zombies, and the non-sparkling vampire Barnabas Collins (the role Depp will play in the film adaptation). It also featured the sort of stylized sets and bizarre musical score that, well, every Tim Burton movie has, and was reportedly very influential on the ghoulish auteur.

While Burton regular John August was originally brought on to script Dark Shadows, the job has now fallen to Seth Grahame-Smith, a.k.a. the author of the revisionist history/horror book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, as well as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It’s safe to say that Dark Shadows will be more in the vein of Burton & Depp’s Hammer Horror-inspired collaborations (ie. Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street) than their PG-Rated, more family-friendly fare like this year’s Alice or Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

While an increasing number of moviegoers are now tired of seeing Depp – with pale makeup and an elaborate wig to boot – and Burton work together, Dark Shadows has the potential to be a deliciously dark and twisted supernatural creature tale in the age of Twilight. The subject matter is right up both artist’s alley and the two have been quite vocal about their adoration of the original Dark Shadows TV show in the past.

Burton/Depp and Grahame-Smith have found success of late in tackling previously established material and giving it a more twisted spin. We can only hope they don’t just employ Tim Burton’s Secret Formula in their approach to Dark Shadows and instead deliver something that’s a bit more inspired.

Dark Shadows will likely reach theaters by 2012.

Josette
11-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Good to have an update - I hope like hell it's nothing like Alice in Wonderland. I am more for the Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd approach, but I really want this movie to be its own thing.

Kuzeh
05-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Filming begins!!! :yess:
I'm currently watching the original series on Netflix!
Can't wait for this one!!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/tim-burton-s-dark-shadows-begins-filming-13626

Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows' Begins Filming
By Kellvin Chavez on May 18, 2011

Filming begins this week on Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ “Dark Shadows,” which brings the cult classic television series to the big screen under the direction of Tim Burton. The film’s all-star ensemble cast includes Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green, Jackie Earle Haley, Jonny Lee Miller, Bella Heathcote, Chloe Moretz, and newcomer Gulliver McGrath.

In the year 1752, Joshua and Naomi Collins, with young son Barnabas, set sail from Liverpool, England to start a new life in America. But even an ocean was not enough to escape the mysterious curse that has plagued their family. Two decades pass and Barnabas (Johnny Depp) has the world at his feet—or at least the town of Collinsport, Maine. The master of Collinwood Manor, Barnabas is rich, powerful and an inveterate playboy…until he makes the grave mistake of breaking the heart of Angelique Brouchard (Eva Green). A witch, in every sense of the word, Angelique dooms him to a fate worse than death: turning him into a vampire, and then burying him alive.

Two centuries later, Barnabas is inadvertently freed from his tomb and emerges into the very changed world of 1972. He returns to Collinwood Manor to find that his once-grand estate has fallen into ruin. The dysfunctional remnants of the Collins family have fared little better, each harboring their own dark secrets. Matriarch Elizabeth Collins Stoddard (Michelle Pfeiffer) has called upon live-in psychiatrist, Dr. Julia Hoffman (Helena Bonham Carter), to help with her family troubles.

Also residing in the manor is Elizabeth’s ne’er-do-well brother, Roger Collins (Jonny Lee Miller); her rebellious teenage daughter Carolyn Stoddard (Chloe Moretz); and Roger’s precocious 10-year-old son, David Collins (Gulliver McGrath). The mystery extends beyond the family, to caretaker Willie Loomis, played by Jackie Earle Haley, and David’s new nanny, Victoria Winters, played by Bella Heathcote.

Burton is directing and producing “Dark Shadows” from a screenplay by Seth Grahame-Smith, story by John August and Grahame-Smith, based on the television series created by Dan Curtis. Also producing are Oscar® winner Richard D. Zanuck (“Alice in Wonderland,” “Driving Miss Daisy”), continuing his long association with Burton; Oscar® winner Graham King (“Rango,” “The Departed”), continuing his collaboration with Depp; Johnny Depp, Christi Dembrowski, and David Kennedy. The executive producers are Chris Lebenzon, Nigel Gostelow, Tim Headington, and Bruce Berman.

The behind-the-scenes creative team includes cinematographer Bruno Delbonnel, Oscar®-winning production designer Rick Heinrichs (“Sleepy Hollow”), Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (“Alice in Wonderland”) and editor Chris Lebenzon (“Alice in Wonderland”). The score will be composed by Danny Elfman.

“Dark Shadows” is being filmed entirely in England, both at Pinewood Studios and on location.

“Dark Shadows” will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.

jonny88
05-19-2011, 09:36 AM
l read that Depp says he is retiring when he turns 50. that not all that far off.

CelticPredator
05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Jackie is becoming so type casted...

He's the creepy caretaker....:lol

Michael Crawford
05-19-2011, 12:54 PM
I like the sound of this, particularly with such an excellent cast.

attom44
05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
I can't f'in wait!

Sweet Rabbit
05-19-2011, 03:09 PM
sounds tempting

Rzeznikk
08-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Im very excited for this film and I really hope Hot Toys does a Depp Barnabas Collins in their Depp line!!

Batty
09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Pics of Depp as Barnabas... or maybe it's Liza Minnelli. :dunno

http://i.imgur.com/uDC5K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vppwr.jpg

ExMem-LarjaThwei
09-13-2011, 02:46 PM
What the hell?

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
09-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Whoa, never heard of this one :panic:

Kuzeh
09-13-2011, 03:08 PM
WTF????
Really?...
Thought he was playing Barnabas Effin-Collins!!
Not the Mad Hatter again!! :horror!

http://images.wikia.com/darkshadows/images/1/11/Barnabas_Collins_2.JPG

Burton and Depp better not screw this up...
:pray:

ExMem-LarjaThwei
09-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Is his hair and face supposed to be made of plastic..?

CelticPredator
09-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Goddamn you Tim Burton.

JosephCPR
09-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Pics of Depp as Barnabas... or maybe it's Liza Minnelli. :dunno

http://i.imgur.com/uDC5K.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

AWESOME

attom44
09-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Umm most likely is a sun shield so he can walk in the daylight...hmmmm The wolf's head cane is there.. I'm in...:)

Kuzeh
09-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Umm most likely is a sun shield so he can walk in the daylight...hmmmm The wolf's head cane is there.. I'm in...:)

Well, I definitely want to watch this,
but I hope they don't turn Barnabass into a wuss...
Here's another pic, you can see the cane better, like the outfit...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2011/09/johnny-depp-on-set-of-tim-burtons-dark-shadows-12-435x580.jpg

Is the girl supposed to be Maggie Evans?

http://cdn02.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/13/Johnny-Depp-On-Set-of-Tim-Burtons-Dark-Shadows-10-435x580.jpg

attom44
09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
They may also be shooting day for night, and the white face make-up may have another purpose... you never know with Burton, but I love all his movies thus far so I'm willing to take the gamble..:)

CelticPredator
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
^ I had a feeling this would happen, and now I know to stay away. Sick of pale painted Depp.

intothevoid
09-14-2011, 07:01 AM
He looks like Michael Jackson...

And not in a good way :lol

Darth Waller
09-14-2011, 07:03 AM

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw those pictures.

attom44
09-14-2011, 08:05 AM
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw those pictures.

Hey Darth,

My guess is when Barnabas shows up as the long lost collins cousin... that he suffers from a skin condition which makes it almost impossible to walk out in the sun during the day, this explains his sunscreen and black out shades... It has to be the reason he's made up like the jokers younger brother. I enjoy most Burton films, but making Depp wear this through the entire film is even garish for Burton's taste...not to mention ridiclous...LOL!

S. Griffin
09-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Whatever the explanation, he looks like Klaus Nomi.

Deak Starkiller
09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't get it. Tim Burton suxxx, he hasn't made a good movie since Sweeney Todd. This whole goth look for every movie is just redundant. Let's hope this is just sun-bock.

Sweet Rabbit
09-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Whoa, never heard of this one :panic:

you've never heard of dark shadows? :dunno

intothevoid
09-14-2011, 09:58 AM
I had never heard of Dark Shadows until this thread either :dunno:

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
09-14-2011, 10:03 AM
you've never heard of dark shadows? :dunno

No. I did a quick search and on Wiki it states:

"Dark Shadows is a gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966 to April 2, 1971"

I was born after '71 so that might explain having not heard of this. :dunno

Sweet Rabbit
09-14-2011, 10:06 AM

"Dark Shadows is a gothic soap opera that originally aired weekdays on the ABC television network, from June 27, 1966 to April 2, 1971"

I was born in '81

I remember watching the movies on tv

saintsyn
09-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Whatever the explanation, he looks like Klaus Nomi.

You get a gold star for making a Klaus Nomi reference!
:clap

Kamandi
09-14-2011, 10:46 AM
I suspect Burton is doing this in Black and White. I took that first pic into Photoshop and took out all the color and played with the B/W levels, and it makes more sense.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/607/barnabus.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/barnabus.jpg/)

Sweet Rabbit
09-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I suspect Burton is doing this in Black and White. I took that first pic into Photoshop and took out all the color and played with the B/W levels, and it makes more sense.

a B&W movie is very interesting

Josette
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
OMFG!

What the hell are Burton and Depp doing to my show?!?!?!?!??!

Been hearing it will be "campy", but the show was never meant to be campy, that's what really bothers me - it only comes off that way at times because it's dated and there was a lack of reshooting.

The show was played very seriously.

He looks hideous. I doubt I'll even watch this.

Kamandi
09-14-2011, 12:35 PM
OMFG!

Been hearing it will be "campy", but the show was never meant to be campy, ....

How many overwrought vampire shows are there now? The last thing we need is another vampire movie taking itself too seriously. I'd like to see Burton channel some of his Beetlejuice sense of humor for this one.

No, it won't be the Dark Shadows from the late 60's, but that's OK.

Batty
09-14-2011, 12:40 PM
You get a gold star for making a Klaus Nomi reference!

Agreed! But I still think it looks like Liza.

Josette
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Dark Shadows had a tone all of its own, very gothic, nothing like many of the other vampire shows/movies out there today.

Burton doesn't have to make a joke out of it to make it stand out, it would do it all on its own.

But I was afraid they would take this over the top and make it silly, because that seems to be what Burton and Depp are into these days, with the exception of Sweeney Todd.

Dark Shadows is my favorite television show of all time, and I was originally so excited to see Depp get the part because my mother and I used to talk about him being a good choice if they ever made a film. I can't get excited for it if Burton and Depp turn it into a joke.

Kuzeh
09-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I had never heard of Dark Shadows until this thread either :dunno:

Didn't you guys ever watched the 90's re-make?...

I was born in '81

I remember watching the movies on tv

The B&W original series or the remake series?

Even if that's the case, it still looks silly... I mean, if it were more a Caligari Ceasar-esque look it would be fine, but right now it just looks lame...

OMFG!

Been hearing it will be "campy", but the show was never meant to be campy, that's what really bothers me - it only comes off that way at times because it's dated and there was a lack of reshooting.

He looks hideous. I doubt I'll even watch this.

Gotta agree with you there...
the "campiness" was due to microphones showing and people forgetting their lines, but overall it was supposed to be serious... Barnabas was intimidating and melancholic, and the whole story was quite good! (Except for all the non-Barnabas drama) :lol

How many overwrought vampire shows are there now? The last thing we need is another vampire movie taking itself too seriously. I'd like to see Burton channel some of his Beetlejuice sense of humor for this one.

No, it won't be the Dark Shadows from the late 60's, but that's OK.

I love Beetlejuice but Dark Shadows SHOULD be serious... comparing it to current "vampire" series is ridiculous...

Dark Shadows had a tone all of its own, very gothic, nothing like many of the other vampire shows/movies out there today.

Burton doesn't have to make a joke out of it to make it stand out, it would do it all on its own.

But I was afraid they would take this over the top and make it silly, because that seems to be what Burton and Depp are into these days, with the exception of Sweeney Todd.

Dark Shadows is my favorite television show of all time, and I was originally so excited to see Depp get the part because my mother and I used to talk about him being a good choice if they ever made a film. I can't get excited for it if Burton and Depp turn it into a joke.

I really hope this is just some sort of dream/flashback scene that has a weird look to it...
I still have faith in Burton... :S

Kuzeh
09-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Apparently a guy from EW
has seen how Depp will look...

https://twitter.com/#!/Breznican/status/113866228111642624

I've seen Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins in Dark Shadows, and those paparazzi shots don't look much like what we'll see onscreen.

wofford29
09-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Aren't all shadows dark? Just sayin'.

John McClane
09-14-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3812857/Johnny-Depp-is-brfilming-in-Devon.html

attom44
09-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Come on guys it's a random shot of Depp outside... that's it... let's not lose control.... I love DS too and I'm not about to boycott the film just yet!...:) Calm... everybody calm..........:)

Sweet Rabbit
09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
The B&W original series or the remake series?

both

the sci fi channel aired the original dark shadows show for a long time

Sweet Rabbit
09-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Come on guys it's a random shot of Depp outside... that's it... let's not lose control.... I love DS too and I'm not about to boycott the film just yet!...:) Calm... everybody calm..........:)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/FL420/panic_button.jpg

Phil Sierra
09-14-2011, 03:29 PM
The Barnabas Collins I remember looked much cooler than this. :lol

Morbach
09-14-2011, 03:48 PM
The Barnabas Collins I remember looked much cooler than this. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

attom44
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/FL420/panic_button.jpg

No....no... Ink .. don't hit that button......arrrrghhhhh.....hhhh.... NOoooooooooooooo! :)

Kamandi
09-15-2011, 01:46 PM
From Latino Review (http://www.latinoreview.com/news/chloe-moretz-talks-kick-ass-sequel-hints-at-dark-shadows-secret-14769):

(excerpt from an interview with Chloe Moretz)
The busy young woman also has a role in director Tim Burton's adaptation of the popular television show, 'Dark Shadows.' She plays Carolyn Stoddard. On the character, she said:

"Oh, Carolyn, that’s a fun character. That’s a really fun character. She is crazy. She is this teenager, like 15-year-old hippie who is into The Carpenters and Alice Cooper. She’s super music-y and raw, like free love, you know. She’s fun. I can’t say much because he has a really dark secret I can’t tell you."

Asked if the secret she made mention of is something that fans of the television show would be aware of, Moretz replied:

"No, it’s new. It’s new to everything so go see it. May of next year, Dark Shadows!"

After yesterday's set photos from the film, some may be wondering what kind of vibe Burton is going for. Moretz described it as:

"It’s Tim Burton so it’s like Beetlejuice. I have to say it’s a mixture of Beetlejuice, a teeny bit of Sweeney and the scariness of Sweeney but the fun of Sleepy Hollow with the scariness of Sleepy Hollow. I’d definitely say it’s a lot like Sleepy Hollow because you go from the Ichabod Crane character to the Headless Horseman who’s comedic and yet terrifying. It straddles that fine line of camp and drama so it’s like a drama horromedy thriller."

Maglor
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Aren't all shadows dark? Just sayin'.

:lecture

All other debates are mute.

DinoLast
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
:lol Just seen the picture

abake
09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I have absolutely no faith in TB anymore.
Last movie of his I actually enjoyed was Sleepy Hollow.

tomandshell
09-16-2011, 06:19 PM
I've got a bad feeling about this...

Kuzeh
09-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Official first look...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/09/22/dark-shadows_810.jpg

Willie looks great, not sure if next to Elizabeth is supposed to be Roger or Jason, but it was a very arrogant look. Like it...
Not too sure about the rest though... Barnabas looks a lot better though... and Carter looks like the freaking Queen from Alice again... ugh...

intothevoid
09-22-2011, 09:25 AM
whoa had to look 3 times before i saw Depp in that pic

TheObsoleteMan
09-22-2011, 09:30 AM
So, another quirky gothic horror/fantasy flick with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. I see Burton's really stepping out of his comfort zone here.

Morbach
09-22-2011, 05:00 PM
So, another quirky gothic horror/fantasy flick with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. I see Burton's really stepping out of his comfort zone here.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Kamandi
09-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Interesting. They dressed everyone in late 60's clothing. They got the time period right.

Dr.Mirakle32
09-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Johnny looks MUCH better here. I think Burton is at his best when he does straight up gothic horror. Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd really let his style shine. However, I'm not a big fan of his family-friendly fantasies (Alice, POTA, Charlie etc.)

Glad he's sticking to what he does right here.

Kamandi
09-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Michelle Pfeiffer looks like Kristin Bauer (Pam) from True Blood.

Edit: And I dig Eva Green as a blonde.

Kuzeh
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
New pic...
still not to crazy about Depp as Barnabas... but I'll wait... he always delivers!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/photosizer/timthumb.php?src=/photosizer/upload/darkshadows011212.jpg&w=600&zc=0

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27886/

See Johnny Depp As The Haunting Barnabas Collins in 'Dark Shadows'
Thursday, January 12, 2012

Part of EW's 2012 preview, Warners has shared a new look at both Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer in Tim Burton's Dark Shadows, the retelling of the classic teleplay arriving in theaters May 11, 2012. The image isn't all that exciting, but Depp looks haunting as Barnabas Collins.

"The story focuses on Barnabas Collins (Depp), who was transformed into a vampire by a jilted lover (Eva Green's witch Angelique) way back in the 1700s and buried. He's just been dug up, and attempts to reintegrate with his descendants, led by Michelle Pfeiffer's Elizabeth and Jonny Lee Miller's Roger - despite the fact that Angelique is still around and still not in a forgiving mood."

crows
01-12-2012, 04:49 PM

I really didn't mean for this... but I find myself really Hating Helena, I never really cared for her and she's not a bad actress, but I'm just getting so annoyed by her

Johnny looks MUCH better here. I think Burton is at his best when he does straight up gothic horror. Sleepy Hollow and Sweeney Todd really let his style shine. However, I'm not a big fan of his family-friendly fantasies (Alice, POTA, Charlie etc.)

Glad he's sticking to what he does right here.

Completely Agree with this
of course I understand Tim wanting to do something different but those films you mention are awful for me, I also hate Corpse Bride too,
Alice is one of my most hated films, I know people love it but I just can't even finish it again...

Batty
01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
New pic...
still not to crazy about Depp as Barnabas... but I'll wait... he always delivers!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/photosizer/timthumb.php?src=/photosizer/upload/darkshadows011212.jpg&w=600&zc=0

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27886/

I think Depp looks great in that pic. I almost don't recognize him.

Kuzeh
01-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I'll give you that... he looks really different there...

Biojex
01-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah, that doesn't even look like Depp...Weird

Maglor
01-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Looks great to me.

dragonsleeper
01-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Hot Toys Barnabas puleez

Kuzeh
01-13-2012, 08:55 AM
He does seem to have the same hairstyle though!

http://images.wikia.com/headhuntershorrorhouse/images/0/0f/Barnabas_Collins_(MGM).jpg

Darth Cruel
01-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Gonna give this one a shot for nostalgia's sake. I used to like the soap opera when I would watch it with my mom after I got home from school when I was in kindergarten. I think it has the potential to make for a really good movie. And Burton is a great director. But to be honest, I am getting a little burnt out on his style.

Maglor
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gif
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gifhttps://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gif
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gifhttps://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gifhttps://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gif
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gifhttps://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gifhttps://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gifhttps://www.sideshowtoy.com/img/waiting.gif

Kuzeh
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM
New pic...

https://p.twimg.com/AjhU1sHCIAA22Us.jpg

Looks creepy! :horror!
But it looks kind of anime-ish, with a touch of Eddie Monster!
:lol!

galactiboy
01-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I have to say I like this pic less than the last one... a bit too boyish looking.

But still interested to see how this turns out.

jonny88
01-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I have to say I like this pic less than the last one... a bit too boyish looking.

But still interested to see how this turns out.

And that boyish looking guy is almost 50. He looks 15 in that pic.:lol

CelticPredator
01-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Winona Ryder is in this movie too? :yess:

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/546281/winona-ryder-profile.jpg

jonny88
01-19-2012, 06:29 PM

I'm sure that would be a little awkward.

CelticPredator
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't be able to tell them apart!

The Ween
01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
I didn't go completely through this thread but if this pic was already posted, sorry!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/news/120130/johnny-depp-2-440.jpg

The Ween
01-21-2012, 08:37 PM

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/546281/winona-ryder-profile.jpg

I'm sure that would be a little awkward.

Johnny and his long time girlfriend just called it quits.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

CelticPredator
01-21-2012, 08:38 PM
I was saying how much Johnny looks like a girl. :lol

DiFabio
01-21-2012, 08:43 PM
YES! Another Tim Burton, Johnny Derp and Helena Bonham Carter gothic adventure!

____ this ____.

CelticPredator
01-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I thought you said garlic adventure. Which would've been more interesting.

DiFabio
01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
I thought you said garlic adventure. Which would've been more interesting.

And more appropriate! :lecture

The Ween
01-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I was saying how much Johnny looks like a girl. :lol

He looks like her in that makeup.

I was just wondering if Depp leaving his girlfriend had anything to do with Ryder and him doing a movie together.

I should call TMZ and start something. :lol

jonny88
01-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I was just wondering if Depp leaving his girlfriend had anything to do with Ryder and him doing a movie together.

I should call TMZ and start something. :lol

I doubt it, being in a relationship for 14 years l am sure she us used to every girl wanting to bang her man. People just grow apart.:dunno

CelticPredator
01-21-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't even think she is in the movie.

I was making a joke on how lame and stupid Depp looks.

jonny88
01-22-2012, 01:17 AM

I think CP is right, I checked and she isn't in this movie, not that l found.

Kuzeh
02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
New pic and an art exposition poster...

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/a2/d3/Dark%20Shadows%20Johnny%20Depp%20Eva%20Green.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d0JBgIRHRX8/TzX-PsLRbJI/AAAAAAAAAfE/TKvP2RZmo2o/s1600/dark-shadows_ad.jpg

Wor-Gar
02-16-2012, 12:11 PM
I didn't go completely through this thread but if this pic was already posted, sorry!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/news/120130/johnny-depp-2-440.jpg

He does look kinda like Winona.... like her slimy effeminate brother.

http://media.screened.com/uploads/1/10639/574403-600full_winona_ryder_large.jpg

CelticPredator
02-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Thank you! Haha.

Kuzeh
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Ah! New pics!!
Hopefully the trailer follows shortly!

I like the look of Depp here much better...

http://a.yfrog.com/img876/3576/62nj.png

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/165963-johnny-depp-as-barnabas-collins-and-other-character-photos-from-dark-shadows

DarklyDreaming
03-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I am personally looking forward to it, and hope Hot Toys adds another Depp to my collection

banthafett
03-03-2012, 09:24 PM
^ Same here.

Maglor
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
I am personally looking forward to it, and hope Hot Toys adds another Depp to my collection

Better not be before Edward Scissorhands...

dragonsleeper
03-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Vampire Depp I'm in

Kuzeh
03-06-2012, 12:23 PM
New pics!!
Barnabas and Willie!

http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Dark-Shadows-Johnny.jpg

Elizabeth:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Dark-Shadows-Michelle.jpg

Dr. Hoffman:

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/80556E/img.site/PHNGYyMBcgpDRS_1_m.jpg

Collinwood!

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/80556E/img.site/PHKNnTLcTbVUPK_1_m.jpg

Looking good!!

Maglor
03-06-2012, 07:11 PM
http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Dark-Shadows-Michelle.jpg

:love :date

Kuzeh
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
First footage!!
Starts @ :10

http://youtu.be/CI3YBw1uMcA

Trailer will premiere this Thursday with Ellen DeGeneres :dunno

Kuzeh
03-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Website is live!!!
Trailer tomorrow!! :yess:

http://darkshadowsmovie.warnerbros.com/

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1758&pictureid=22304

jungle jom
03-14-2012, 12:43 PM
David Selby, the original Quentin Collins, will be in the new Depp/Burton film. I guess it will be just a cameo.

Here is a link:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/28598

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n637/junglejom/DarkShadows_EXCL2-570x379.jpg

Also in the film are Jonathan Frid, Lara Parker, and Kathryn Leigh Scott all from the original show.

Alice Cooper will be playing himself....

Why? ... You'll have to ask Burton.

banthafett
03-14-2012, 07:15 PM
I hope HT makes a JEH from this movie, since they made the biggest blunder OF ALL TIME and didnt make one from Watchmen.

Kuzeh
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Lots of pictures!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422094_10150630728964755_39838884754_9269889_25761 1545_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/422094_10150630728934755_39838884754_9269888_11248 75528_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422094_10150630728874755_39838884754_9269887_18673 53433_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422094_10150630728844755_39838884754_9269886_13705 28109_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422094_10150630728804755_39838884754_9269885_68179 3993_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423712_10150630721049755_39838884754_9269846_17930 87025_n.jpg

This one is pure gold!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423712_10150630721039755_39838884754_9269845_15076 71093_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423712_10150630721009755_39838884754_9269844_16740 37468_n.jpg

Not sure what's going on here! lol!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423712_10150630720984755_39838884754_9269843_20013 4267_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423712_10150630720959755_39838884754_9269842_12250 74920_n.jpg

Kuzeh
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
A few more:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/424409_10150630244164755_39838884754_9268410_20714 89170_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417041_10150624685339755_39838884754_9250482_12247 72677_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417582_10150622772084755_39838884754_9242853_16012 08793_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426574_10150617066354755_39838884754_9222755_13075 91055_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/426574_10150617066329755_39838884754_9222754_20589 18575_n.jpg

Sine if the original Cast members!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426134_10150608999469755_39838884754_9189855_20656 13824_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426134_10150608999454755_39838884754_9189854_15137 49346_n.jpg

Some more:

This one is awesome!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/429738_10150717033540479_652175478_11649716_660291 576_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/430413_10150717033665479_652175478_11649719_156360 7321_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419263_10150717033835479_652175478_11649723_387979 576_n.jpg

Kuzeh
03-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Last ones:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/416871_10150717034020479_652175478_11649728_139128 6132_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417159_10150717034050479_652175478_11649729_355772 344_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423200_10150717034090479_652175478_11649730_133310 8751_n.jpg

And some screen grabs from the preview:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/430580_10150630519519755_39838884754_9269169_13690 58547_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430580_10150630519534755_39838884754_9269170_15806 14509_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424816_10150630621584755_39838884754_9269436_15219 111_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424816_10150630621589755_39838884754_9269437_45475 5622_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424816_10150630621609755_39838884754_9269438_15940 42844_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424816_10150630621614755_39838884754_9269439_22985 7227_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/424816_10150630621629755_39838884754_9269440_45051 2064_n.jpg

The Josh
03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't know anything about the series but I am tempted to go see this for Depp alone.

Kuzeh
03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
It's available for streaming on Netflix Josh,
you should check it out. Only some of the Barnabas episodes are available, like 160 out of the 1,245 though... :lol

DarklyDreaming
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
More and more convinced Hot Toys should get on this!!!

The Josh
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
It's available for streaming on Netflix Josh,
you should check it out. Only some of the Barnabas episodes are available, like 160 out of the 1,245 though... :lol

I don't have netflix.

Kuzeh
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't have netflix.

.... Blockbuster then? :lol
I think the re-make episodes are on Hulu for free... but it's not as good as the original

BTW just saw the trailer captured from TV...
seems like they changed the mood quite a bit...
it's more a comedy...
Visually amazing, and I got a Beetlejuice humor vibe from it...
I'm sure fans opinions will be divided...
I'll wait for a better resolution version

Watch it here if you want to be spoiled... it'll be gone soon methinks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWHtiKVZGH8&feature=youtu.be&a

The Josh
03-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I think all the blockbusters closed around me. :lol

Michael Crawford
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't really get a 'comedy' feel from that - yea, they'll be humorous lines, but I think it will still remain somewhat dramatic and not goofy. I like the look of what was there, but it can still be pretty misleading.

Kuzeh
03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
So-so quality trailer:

http://youtu.be/rYCbl_6y3HY

Gotta say... it's starting to grow on me... :lol

banthafett
03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Getting into the old show is just way to much if you want to know the story. Just watch the one from 91, 12 episodes.

Victoria is super hot in it. Plus, Adrian Paul is in it.

The only thing that is bothering me so far about the Burton one is Alice Pooper.

BuffyGirl
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I think this looks pretty good. Nothing too dark or serious. Just entertaining.

DiFabio
03-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, this does look pretty cool.

Loved the "BURN BABY BURN", obvious reference to Oswald Cobblepot there.

http://youtu.be/S0Cf9hffZ8k?t=4m21s

Johnny Utah
03-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Want figure of Depp.

DarklyDreaming
03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I think the trailer was campy, but then again, so was the show in a 70's sort of way. I hope this movie does well, and I really want a Depp/Barnabas to go with my Captain Jack and Sweeney Todd :)

crows
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I didn't like the trailer, too campy for me,
I hope the movie is better, but, this seemed too silly, more silly than it should have been, i didnt get the bettlejuice vibe at all,

CelticPredator
03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
____ man...this could be Tim Burton's best.

But then again, Alice did look kinda good. And so did Charlie. And so did...ect.

So we'll see.

I do love the camp. Camp is good. A lost art.

meth head
03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Looks f____n fantastic if you ask me!

crows
03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
well the movie itself looks really good, the costumes look really good, the actors are good actors, and the first half of the trailer looked really really good, like sleepy hollow kinda,

but then when the jokes start and the 70s music is when i kinda lost it, i hope it translates better but after the witch appears in the trailer as a blonde i kinda felt not great about the trailer,

Kuzeh
03-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Hi-Res trailer...

http://youtu.be/4cVcpz8H3Pk

Interesting spin on the story...

ExMem-LarjaThwei
03-15-2012, 06:48 PM
What the hell did I just watch....

Josette
03-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Rendered practically speechless.........and not in a good way. At all.

Yuck.

attom44
03-15-2012, 07:13 PM
They ruined this so bad I can't even believe it.. WOW!!!!! Been waiting a long while to see how this turned out. I wasn't hoping for a comedy.....:( This could have been great, no ticket sale to me.....

CelticPredator
03-15-2012, 07:17 PM
It's not in 3D. It's not a kids movie. It's classic style Tim Burton. It looks great. And Depp is badass.
So yeah. Opening night. In IMAX.

Wor-Gar
03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
It's Beetlejuice again.

CelticPredator
03-15-2012, 07:24 PM
^ And thank god for that.

Biojex
03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Looks fun to me.

Wor-Gar
03-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Very different than what I was expecting but it could be fun, if its a return to Beetlejuice/PeeWee days.

DarklyDreaming
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Still think it looks awesome, every time I watch the trailer (and heve watched it repeatedly ) I get a huge grin on my face. I hope no one really expected true gothic horror from Tim Burton and Johnny Depp.

Josette
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I think they did pretty good with Sleepy Hollow.

noisetrigger
03-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Looks fantastic!!! It's like a back to form for Burton/Depp!!!

Reminds me of Edward Scissorshand somehow.

Then again I never watched the original so I can go in with an open mind.

jrice73
03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Probably going to piss hardcore fans off to no end, but I really dug that trailer and laughed a lot. I haven't liked a Burton/Depp film in a while but this might be pretty damn good. It will be crushed by The Avengers though.

agen_kolar
03-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Meh. Not really interested.

The Josh
03-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Trailer looks interesting. Still leaning towards seeing it as of right now.

dharper
03-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Looks good to me. I never really watched the original series so I don't have anything to compare it to.

abake
03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, I can't say I find this as bad as I expected, 'cause I really didn't expect anything, but this looks pretty bad to me...
I just don't trust Burton to do anything good anymore, and he seems to exploit all of Depp's bad mannerisms.

noisetrigger
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I am surprised at all the negativity towards this. From what I can see from the trailer, this is classic Burton/Depp.

I couldn't expect anything else.

TheObsoleteMan
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
I know very little of Dark Shadows, but I know enough to be turned off by that trailer. I think I've seen all I need to see of Johnny Depp acting kooky at this point.

crows
03-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I really Do Not Get the bettlejuice vibe at all, I do get a pee wee/ corpse bride/ alice in wonderland vibe, this is just a trailer, so who knows,

but yeah i will see it, but i am afraid burton might have made it in a campy funny cheesy way, we will see

I think one of the reasons i feel uneasy with it is the music. I know is supposed to be the 70s, and is a comedy, but the music puts me off,

isculpt
03-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Looks good to me, but I'm unfamiliar with the original series. I was hoping for a more serious tone though, the concept sounded really interesting.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
03-16-2012, 02:15 AM
Trailer looks interesting. Still leaning towards seeing it as of right now.

:goodpost: same here

meth head
03-16-2012, 02:46 AM
It's Beetlejuice again.

:lecture

That is exactly the vibe I got :yess:

wofford29
03-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Burton and Depp need a divorce. They bring out the worst in one another now.

carbo-fation
03-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Looks stupid. I'll watch it once it hits the net.

lord-22
03-16-2012, 07:00 AM
looks awasome

i love the comic tone

uscmhicks
03-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Heh , not been following this but it looks a lot more entertaining than I thought it would. Hopefully wont be another Burton failure.

tomandshell
03-16-2012, 07:53 AM
That was about as far away from what I was expecting as possible. But it could be fun.

The Monster
03-16-2012, 08:06 AM
I think this looks pretty good. Nothing too dark or serious. Just entertaining.

I perfer Dark and Serious. However, With Burton and Deep it will be a great film.

Nick

Kuzeh
03-16-2012, 09:28 AM
I honestly think this will be classic Burton gold...
but far from the source material...
I'm loving the look and feel, but it definitely seems that they took way too much artistic liberties...
We shall see!

meth head
03-16-2012, 09:29 AM
I know nothing of the original so I can just enjoy this on it's on merits :)

ExMem-LarjaThwei
03-16-2012, 09:59 AM
It seems like Johnny Depp plays the exact same character in all of his movies..

TheObsoleteMan
03-16-2012, 10:28 AM

He's like Al Pacino, he's becoming a parody of himself.

sueworld
03-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Well I think It looks a real hoot. :lol

King Darkness
03-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Looks like an annoying mishmash Sleepy Hallow & Wonka. No thanks, definitely not for me.

Darklord Dave
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I think Dark Shadows fans were hoping for more Sleepy Hollow and less Beetlejuice. I was never a huge fan although I did watch some of the Ben Cross remake. It's very difficult to take cheesy 70s vampires seriously nowadays, so I'm kind of interested in seeing this. But not that excited about it.

Kuzeh
03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Here's the poster...
I like it!...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423405_315165858544055_164201903640452_827412_1943 877503_n.jpg

Batty
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I think it could be fun. I definitely wasn't expecting it to be a comedy. Apparently no one else was either.

I'm also sure that if it was serious, people would still complain about it.

Matt S
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
The trailer was pretty hilarious to me, and this one was not on my radar...at all

Probably going to piss hardcore fans off to no end, but I really dug that trailer and laughed a lot. I haven't liked a Burton/Depp film in a while but this might be pretty damn good. It will be crushed by The Avengers though.

Wait, some original fans are still alive?

The Entity
03-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Don't know anything about the show this is based on, but I have to say this looks pretty awesome! It certainly reminds me of Beetlejuice here and there! I'll most likely check this out in the cinema when it hits! :rock :rock

crows
03-16-2012, 02:00 PM

when he attacks the tv saying "what sorcery is this?" completely sounded like Jack Sparrow, :slap

Kuzeh
03-24-2012, 11:27 AM
New pic...
pretty cool...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/524134_10150649084534755_39838884754_9328287_13649 24813_n.jpg

Darth Vader
03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I was never an avid watcher of Dark Shadows but i've seen enough episodes to know it shouldn't have been made a comedy. Wont buy a ticket i'll wait and redbox it

The Ween
03-24-2012, 07:21 PM
The trailer was pretty hilarious to me, and this one was not on my radar...at all

Wait, some original fans are still alive?

It's been re-run since the 70s! :lol

DarklyDreaming
03-25-2012, 06:23 PM
New TV spots look awesome too, really looking forward to this!!! I was a fan of the original soap and the 90's revamp, and this looks freaking awesome to me. Hot Toys needs to make a figure of Johnny as Barnabas....and thankfully no rubber costume that will eventually start leaking :wink1:

RIDDICK
03-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks stupid. I'll watch it once it hits the net.

:exactly::lurking

Kuzeh
03-27-2012, 10:38 AM
OK,
After the original shock of it being more an absurdist take on it, I am really enjoying the TV spots...

http://youtu.be/RDMzNc38ErA

:lol!!!

Cap'n Cook
03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Burton and Depp need a divorce. They bring out the worst in one another now.

Quoted for truth.

The Entity
03-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm really liking what I see here! I'm looking forward to this film! :)

The Ween
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I like it now that I realize that it's a comedy. When I first seen pics of Depp I didn't know what to think.

guyverfan
04-02-2012, 05:01 PM
I've never seen anything of Dark Shadows prior to this movie so I have nothing to compare it to. From what I've seen so far of this it looks like it'll be a fun movie to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

The Ween
04-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I've never seen anything of Dark Shadows prior to this movie so I have nothing to compare it to. From what I've seen so far of this it looks like it'll be a fun movie to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

It was a soap opera and much more serious than this.

sithjedi171
04-09-2012, 05:57 PM
I watched the trailer not knowing what to expect but i didnt expect it to have as much comedy as this seems to have.

Kuzeh
04-16-2012, 12:15 PM
A few new pics:

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/140/6193044d03c4412fbab4a6fd90bc5d72/l.jpg

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/153/44a56169308a47ad9d370d5275f0362e/l.jpg

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/62/f1c5488690f74516adb8c4420328a9ad/l.jpg

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/62/5fdc0b048dd741178672c6ed97ff9598/l.jpg

Kuzeh
04-19-2012, 11:08 AM
:monkey2
R.I.P. Jonathan Frid...

http://images.wikia.com/paradisa/images/b/bd/Barnabas_Collins_image.jpg

SixMillionDollarMan Guy
04-19-2012, 11:12 AM
^^ I always enjoy a nice pimp cane.

Kuzeh
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Interesting Featurette

http://youtu.be/8G9hj8MgBms

freestylex06x
04-27-2012, 12:36 PM
this looks retarded. depp is a one trick pony. he seems to act the same character in every movie just with a different costume. i get it, he is good at acting like a weirdo. depp and burton need to stop now.

Darko99
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
this looks retarded. depp is a one trick pony. he seems to act the same character in every movie just with a different costume. i get it, he is good at acting like a weirdo. depp and burton need to stop now.

I wouldn't underestimate this movie...I agree it looks very weird. Then again most of Burton's movie are weird, and as long as there are people buying those movie tickets they will not stop.

Kuzeh
05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
New Featurette...

It seems it's more Addams Family than Dark Shadows...
I still can't figure it out... but I'll watch this one for sure regardless!!

http://youtu.be/KhzIb-dXSio

jonny88
05-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I think it actually looks not to bad.

ExMem-LarjaThwei
05-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah, definitely has an Addams Family vibe...

Darth Cruel
05-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Although this should be no surprise coming from the Burton/Depp team...I was taken aback a little when I saw the trailer on TV last night.

Definitely not your parents' Dark Shadows.

ChaserFan
05-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Although not a fan of Tim Burton (Mars Attacks! is the only film of his that I like), I must say this movie was pretty good.

It's definitely not as 'weird' as his other films...and it isn't as childish either. It's almost like Burton realised that adults do in fact watch his movies. Hopefully this is a new trend in his future projects.

BuffyGirl
05-10-2012, 07:44 AM
I want to see it but doubtful I will see it in theaters.

Shai
05-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Movie starting in 15 minutes here...My hopes arnt too high so it should be ok.

Shai
05-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah... Average... First hour is good and enjoyable, but the final 30 minutes are kinda average and cliché...Not Burton's best.Also,Depp's Barnabas is exactly a cross between Jack Sparrow and his Ichabod Crane.

EVILFACE
05-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Will be seeing it, but yea, looks very average.

CelticPredator
05-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Hm....that's kinda disappointing, but not surprising.

I'll probably give this a 10/10 regardless.

EVILFACE
05-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Why not, everyone rates everything 10/10.

CelticPredator
05-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Exactly.....

papa-alpha-charlie
05-12-2012, 04:45 PM
saw it this afternoon. I'd have to say it was average. it was amusing but not laugh out loud funny. left thinking it should have been better.

The Josh
05-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Saw it last night. Movie was fun but not mind blowing which wasn't the end of the world. Also it wasn't as much of a comedy as I thought it would be based on the trailers.

The Ween
05-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Saw it last night. Movie was fun but not mind blowing which wasn't the end of the world. Also it wasn't as much of a comedy as I thought it would be based on the trailers.

So.......should I go? :)

Sweet Rabbit
05-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I'll wait for netflix. I don't think it'll be worth going to the theater

The Josh
05-12-2012, 05:28 PM
So.......should I go? :)

I think if you like Depp and Burton as a combo its worth a look.

EVILFACE
05-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Never saw the original show but this movie was boring. A few funny bits here and there but it was sooo bland. I hope it bombs.

The Ween
05-12-2012, 09:15 PM
DAAAAAAAAAVE! Are you there? You see almost every movie, whatdaya think?

Buttmunch
05-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Saw this today. I think seeing the Avengers a 4th time would have been a better choice. Who would have thought Depp, Burton, and Vampires could have sucked so much. It was just blah all the way through. The trailer is actually better than the film. The only part I actually like was the part with the Cooper woman :lol

ChaserFan
05-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I think all of you had too high of an expectation going into this :lol

Buttmunch
05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
No, I heard it was bad before going to see it, so I wasn't expecting much. The story was just really dull and it just didn't work. Had the film been what the trailer made it to look like, it would have been great.

Niltusk
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Thats sucky, I was really hoping this would be funny. :(
I knew fanatics wouldn't like it, but to hear people that weren't expecting much not liking it is kind of a bummer, guess I'll wait this out on BluRay.

The Ween
05-12-2012, 10:10 PM
I just checked Yahoo movies and with 417 reviews it got 4 out of 5 stars.

ph balanced
05-13-2012, 09:25 AM
I'll wait for netflix. I don't think it'll be worth going to the theater

Went to see it at the theatre last night. First time in 4 months that I got my money's worth :yess: