Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Figured since the news is starting to slowly trickle out might as well get one started. During a TV Guide interview Terrance Howard announced that he, Robert Downey Jr, Gwenyth Paltrow and Leslie Bibb (Not sure the reason for her...) have signed a 3 picture deal with Marvel Studios.

Also announced which isn't really news that War Machine was to be a major part of the sequel which is why he signed in the first place.

The question is RDJ would seriously be involved with the Avengers film but would they need to structure another deal for that one? Would an Iron Man 3 need to be structured with RDJ?

Discuss and post any new info!
ironman.gif
ironman.gif
ironman.gif

iron_man.gif

It seems to me shes being set-up to be a Kathy Dare type figure.She was a deranged actress who crippled Stark with a bullet in the comics and in a way precipitated "Armour wars 2".

I seem to recall hearing that if someone was chosen for a role that would be in an Avengers movie the deal was 3 solo (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor..) and at least 1 team up. They don't want anyone to play a role that would not reprise it when needed in a team picture.

I just hope that the sequal doesn't use another "evil" Iron Man for the villain.

I liked the Iron Monger idea but I would have prefered if they had used the Titanium Man or Crymson Dynamo instead. If the sequal uses one of these villains it's going to look like a rehash of the first film. I don't really want to see 2 "Iron Men" fighting again.

I think its realistic to expect the Mandarin to show up...i mean they pretty much did the set up by having that leader of rings do his thing playing with his ring...err so to speak!

Mandarin was originally the villain for this film but it was changed when the thought was introducing the Mandarin aspect was going to be too complicated for an origin film and the fact that Faverau and Marvel Studios wanted to stay closer to comic concept without introducing any real major villains that would take away from that. I thought Iron Monger was used effectively not to remove the focus on Stark.

War Machine is supposed to be used a lot in the next film so it should be interesting to see what villain will be used that could face off against them two and Thor since he was supposed to be introduced in that film as well....

I'm wondering if the picture deals were inclusive of The Avengers films then I wonder if they'll include the majority of the side casts in that film as well....

Are they really planning to make an avengers film with all the original cast from each marvel movie? if so, that's going to be one of the highest budgeted films ever....

Each of the Marvel Studios film that are doing right now are being primed for an Avengers film, according to what I've read online and also what was said here its all leading up to that point. This is why multiple picture deals are being inked so it gets the budget already ironed out before they get to that point.

I hope they have the Black Panther in the Avengers movie. They should have the sctor to play him make a cameo in Iron man 2 and the Hulk 2.

Just my wish only.

Avengers will be Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Capt so far. Dunno if they even are looking to add anyone else.

The Marvel Studios roster is supposed to be comprised of Thor, Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America and Ant-Man so far. The Black Panther was already purchased by a separate studio and was being primed originally to star Wesley Snipes but nothing had moved on that project years but still there is a chance that Marvel Studios doesn't have a hand on it.

thanks for the info. I forgot that Wesley Snipes had the Black Panther. I hope they at least show Hank Pym and Wanda Van Syke.

Ant Man? I have a hard time seeing him work well in a modern setting.

I think they should round out Iron Man with a trilogy and have Mandarin show up in Iron Man 3 as the ultimate final villain.

Flesh him out more in Iron Man 2, maybe actually SHOW him (perhaps in the shadows or something) and still have him as the puppetmaster...perhaps the villain can be Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man. If they don't want to go the "Anti-Iron Man" route, then the villain could be someone like AIM (with MODOK) or how about ULTRON??? (Though they might be saving Ultron for the Avengers). That way you could also introduce Hank Pym and perhaps Janet Pym (the Wasp) as well!

Could also introduce Ezekiel Stane as a more direct rival of Tony Stark. A contrast much like Topher Grace's Eddie Brock was similar to Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker in age, girls-they-were-after, work, etc.

Back