PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Abrams' Fringe

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Batty
05-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Between this and the Dollhouse, it looks like Fox had two really good shows for the Fall season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAu4L5_Fl84&eurl=http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/05/30/a-preview-of-j-j-abrams-new-show-fringe-video/

bumblebee
05-30-2008, 03:21 PM
This looks pretty bad ass

carbo-fation
05-30-2008, 05:00 PM
This looks really good!

p!tu
05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
its gone:monkey2:monkey2

tomandshell
05-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I thought at first glance that this thread was about JJ's refrigerator.

Batty
05-30-2008, 05:27 PM
I thought at first glance that this thread was about JJ's refrigerator.

I bet a show about his fridge would still be better than some of the shows that are on.

its gone:monkey2:monkey2

It works for me.

Darklord Dave
05-31-2008, 01:06 AM
I also was thinking this was about JJ's Fridge and was trying to figure out if that was why the final scene of LOST was in a cold environ.

But yeah, Fringe looks kind of cool.

Batty
06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Check out the site, and click on the hand print when it comes up.

http://www.fox.com/fringe/

Andy Bergholtz
06-18-2008, 10:14 AM
It's Denethor! :)

Definitely an intriguing trailer.

Mesa
09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I'll definately be watching this series. Got my DVR ready to record it. I think it premiers this Tuesday.

Batty
09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I'll be watching too. So far I've read both good and not so good things about it. I'm going to remain optimistic about it.

TOE
09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I'll check it out just for you Batty

Nuka Cola Kidd
09-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Def. looks like its going to be a confusing one like LOST, something you'll have to watch from the pilot on

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 07:13 AM
I'll definately be watching this series. Got my DVR ready to record it. I think it premiers this Tuesday.
Okay cool, gonna set my DVR as well, from things I've read it seems like it's gonna be pretty good.

Sick Boy 82
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Hells yes!!! Tonight baby!!!! Already to go on the HD-DVR!!!!

Ok, maybe it's just me and because I have a nice Plamsa and pay for my HDTV, but does anyone really even watch regular TV anymore?? I feel cheated when I try to watch Fox or whatever on SDTV. I turned it to 02 (Fox-SD) instead of 702 (Fox-HD) lastnight when I got home to watch Terminator and it looked like absolute crap!! Just crap! I thought the HD service had gone out or something and almost cried!!

I just can't stand to watch SDTV most of the time. The only stuff I really watch in SD is Cartoon Network (Adult Swim ^^^^^es!!), Comedy Central, The Military Channel and Spike. It's pretty damned sad how spoiled I've become with HDTV. Hopefully they will start to bring every channel into HD by the end of 09!!

BadMoon
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I can't wait to watch this tonight! :rock

McHavyck
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Between this and the Dollhouse, it looks like Fox had two really good shows for the Fall season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAu4L5_Fl84&eurl=http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/05/30/a-preview-of-j-j-abrams-new-show-fringe-video/

except Dollhouse probably won't air until early 2009 (midseason).
:banghead

shiveringmelody
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I have been on the fence about watching this, but the last couple days I have seen commercials for it everywhere. So what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Plus I'm a fan of J.J.'s, should be interesting.

bumblebee
09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I can't wait to watch this tonight! :rock

Same here. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Nuka Cola Kidd
09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Damn, is all i have to say..i for one loved it. Very X-files-ish. Love how the Locations were 3D within the shot, and love the LOST sounding score.

darthviper107
09-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Score was by the guy who does most of the Pixar movies.

I thought it was pretty good, it's kind of weird because it's not a conventional show, it's a story and it seems if you miss an episode you'll get confused later on.

dr2red
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I liked it and have it set up for series record on dvr.

McHavyck
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
i enjoyed it a lot.
who knew Pacey could be compelling?!
:D:lol

Darth Caedus
09-09-2008, 09:01 PM
i enjoyed it a lot.
who knew Pacey could be compelling?!
:D:lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Little Charlie from the Ducks done be all grown uped....

Sick Boy 82
09-09-2008, 09:02 PM
This ^^^^ is killer!!! DVRed for the season!!!!

CAhobbit
09-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Loved it! Hope it can live up to the season opener.

Sick Boy 82
09-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Hmmm...... Me thinks Massive Dynamics = Dharma Initiative

J.J. Abrams is a creative god!

McHavyck
09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Hmmm...... Me thinks Massive Dynamics = Dharma Initiative
J.J. Abrams is a creative god!

yeah, i thought that too when they showed each of the symbols before the commercials. they were similar to the symbols for each of the stations.

CelticPredator
09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
hmmm...... Me thinks massive dynamics = dharma initiative

j.j. Abrams is a creative god!

They brought clovie from the lost island! And captain kirk is its daddy!!1

The Ween
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I MISSED IT! :mad:

DarkDaysinVegas
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Anyone know what time it aired in EST?

The Ween
09-09-2008, 09:50 PM
It aired at 8 pm.

The ill Jedi
09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
What a brilliant 1st episode, I was glued to the TV from beginning to end! It doesn't hurt that it's a sci-fi themed show which I love and the cast is awesome, Josh Jackson was really good and Anna Torv (Olivia) looks like she was cloned from Cate Blanchett's DNA, I really liked her character as well. The writing was solid and it was a great set up for things to come, can't wait for the rest of the season.

McHavyck
09-09-2008, 10:01 PM
What a brilliant 1st episode, I was glued to the TV from beginning to end! It doesn't hurt that it's a sci-fi themed show which I love and the cast is awesome, Josh Jackson was really good and Olivia looks like she was cloned from Cate Blanchett's DNA, I really liked her character as well. The writing was solid and it was a great set up for things to come, can't wait for the rest of the season.

i agree and it's always good seeing Denethor not setting himself on fire.

but the season is young! :lol

CAhobbit
09-09-2008, 10:06 PM
What a brilliant 1st episode, I was glued to the TV from beginning to end! It doesn't hurt that it's a sci-fi themed show which I love and the cast is awesome, Josh Jackson was really good and Anna Torv (Olivia) looks like she was cloned from Cate Blanchett's DNA, I really liked her character as well. The writing was solid and it was a great set up for things to come, can't wait for the rest of the season.

Ha! I thought the same thing about Anna Torv as well while I was watching.

The ill Jedi
09-09-2008, 10:06 PM

Every time I looked at him I expected him to send Olivia and Peter to their deaths in the Pelennor Fields. :lol

CAhobbit
09-09-2008, 10:07 PM

Yeah, but he's still playing 'crazy' in the show...at least this time he has a sense of humor.

Methinks J.J. is a LOTR movie fan. That or just a really neat coincidence.

CAhobbit
09-09-2008, 10:08 PM
It aired at 8 pm.

Don't forget that it will air at it's regular time slot of 9pm on Tuesdays. :D

The ill Jedi
09-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Ha! I thought the same thing about Anna Torv as well while I was watching.
She really is quite beautiful, her and Cate could be sisters! :D I instantly liked her character, she's strong and determined like another of JJ Abram's female characters, Sydney Bristow! :rock

plasmid303
09-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I loved the scene with the bionic woman, very convincing CG for a tv show.

Darklord Dave
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I wasn't expecting much, the reviews haven't been great - but I liked it a lot. The world is much like Lost with the fake companies and a little more sci-fi with the bionic arm and the MD's walls. I also like Mark Valley a lot. I hope he's a recurring villain.

Batty
09-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I thought the episode was really good. They've definitely made it so there's a lot to explore in future episodes. I guess that's no surprise with Abrams.

The actor playing Broyles was from Lost, correct?

CAhobbit
09-09-2008, 11:56 PM
The actor playing Broyles was from Lost, correct?

Yup, he's from 'Lost'.

plasmid303
09-10-2008, 12:11 AM
I wasn't expecting much, the reviews haven't been great - but I liked it a lot. The world is much like Lost with the fake companies and a little more sci-fi with the bionic arm and the MD's walls. I also like Mark Valley a lot. I hope he's a recurring villain.

I hated the fact that Mark Valley's character turned out to be a villain. It kinda renders the story in this episode pointless and the struggles moot.

While I enjoyed the pilot, I didn't see anything creative or original about it that justified the parlaying of the "From the creators of Lost" tagline. From the initial impression the show seems very derivative of past sci-fi shows, i.e. X-Files (pretty obvious comparison).

Scar
09-10-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm agreeing with the general consensus. Critics can have their take on it, but the show is innovative and daring, with an sterling cast. I was already a huge John Noble fan. I still want to somehow arrange it so that he'll show up at all future family reunions in character as Denethor; it doesn't matter if he's dressed in a filthy tank top and jeans, as long as he acts like Denethor. I think it could make things much more interesting.

Critics have taken to denigrating Abrams for his predictability of being completely unpredictable, and also for challenging viewers to think beyond the borders of what we would normally consider reality. Frankly, I think these make his shows, first Lost and now Fringe, all the more compelling.

plasmid303
09-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Critics have taken to denigrating Abrams for his predictability of being completely unpredictable, and also for challenging viewers to think beyond the borders of what we would normally consider reality. Frankly, I think these make his shows, first Lost and now Fringe, all the more compelling.

You mean his predictability of attempting to be completely unpredictable. I would imagine that the critics would shut up if he were completely successful in that regard. Guess he isn't, then?

lcummins
09-10-2008, 06:34 AM
...While I enjoyed the pilot, I didn't see anything creative or original about it that justified the parlaying of the "From the creators of Lost" tagline. From the initial impression the show seems very derivative of past sci-fi shows, i.e. X-Files (pretty obvious comparison).

I have to agree... it feels like an updated X-Files to me. I can even foresee the recurring "plot" with Massive Dynamics occurring throughout the episodes, while stand alone episodes will be common as well. That being said, I liked it and have high hopes for it.

bumblebee
09-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Watched last night and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to next weeks show.

Nuka Cola Kidd
09-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah J.J. i guess has a thing for symbols and planes..haha

Oh for those that missed it..i thought i heard after it was over that there is on Encore on Sunday sometime maybe?

bumblebee
09-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah J.J. i guess has a thing for symbols and planes..haha

Oh for those that missed it..i thought i heard after it was over that there is on Encore on Sunday sometime maybe?

Sunday at 8 I believe.

Sideshow Q
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I liked it, but couldn't get over the confused/disgusted frown she had almost the entire show. There were a couple WTF's that I thought were unlikely, even for a show that's about the implossible. Sure, it moves the plot along, but really? For example... why would she yell out her partners name while he's got a suspect at gunpoint, thereby distracting him and allowing the suspect to blow him up? You don't just stop and yell, you keep running to back up your partner. Just a nitpick, but stuff like that annoys me.

Sick Boy 82
09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I liked it, but couldn't get over the confused/disgusted frown she had almost the entire show. There were a couple WTF's that I thought were unlikely, even for a show that's about the implossible. Sure, it moves the plot along, but really? For example... why would she yell out her partners name while he's got a suspect at gunpoint, thereby distracting him and allowing the suspect to blow him up? You don't just stop and yell, you keep running to back up your partner. Just a nitpick, but stuff like that annoys me.

Actually, she knew what was happening and that he was ^^^^ed and was trying to warn him about it. Since their was nothing she could do, she did that. The dude had turned to him with the phone out already, so he was a goner.

You never yelled out to someone about to get hit by a car when they are crossing the street or something.

You don't yell, "Hey, you're about to get hit by a car!"

You yell "Stop!" or some ^^^^ like that.

Scar
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
You mean his predictability of attempting to be completely unpredictable. I would imagine that the critics would shut up if he were completely successful in that regard. Guess he isn't, then?

:lecture I guess you're right. So pray tell, how is LOST going to end? :D

I can't recall a single critic nor entertainment analyst nor Abrams fan who has been able to consistently project the most cryptic plot points in his works. I've come to admire him for his capacity to tell tales which engross viewers. I'd argue rather that critics become frustrated about the predictability of being unpredictable... much akin to their initial dislike of M. Night Shyamalan. I'm not making a comparison between the two, but if you go into a work expecting plot twists though surprisingly in turn garner no immediate reward thereafter, you will likely end up frustrated and jilted. If, however, you can delay that knowing the wait will be rewarded within the context of the larger narrative via the LOTR tales which spanned three years in cinemas, then one will eventually be sated.

The reason I bring up M. Night is because many critics have defamed Unbreakable, one of my all-time favorite films. They deemed the ending predictable, expecting a twist at the end. Even many ciritics who weren't spoiled by the leaked ending on the internet fell into the line of thought that, "we should expect this type of Houdini act from this creator". If it were done by a relatively unknown writer/director with no other major works under his belt, it may well have been greatly lauded, as it has in cult followings or with those who were not so myopic with their critiques.

The point being that when you sit down to watch a television program or walk into a movie theater, it's best to lay expectations and biases aside for the sake of the larger story, rather than immure oneself in likelihoods.

LewisD
09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
This has the potential to be a great series. I just hope this series doesn't become another "Vanished". Fox likes to pull the plug on shows prematurely.

Chapter 2099
09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
I just wanted to chime in. I saw it last night and loved it! I'm a big X-Files fan and to me, it had a faint "X-File-esque" feel to it. (Fringe=Pseudo-science, etc. etc.) I'm sure some of you see where I'm coming from. Anyways, I hope it goes far. I wouldn't mind having a weekly show to follow again. TV hasn't been the best lately IMO. Like some of you said, this show haas a lot of potential and I hope it only gets better.

Darklord Dave
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM

My biggest WTF was that an FBI agent has to fly to Iraq to get a family member to visit a mental patient and then doesn't even bring the family member in to see him? The FBI can't just get a warrant to visit the patient? This seems just lazy, it would have been easy to come up with a better reason the son needs to come with her.

CAhobbit
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
My biggest WTF was that an FBI agent has to fly to Iraq to get a family member to visit a mental patient and then doesn't even bring the family member in to see him? The FBI can't just get a warrant to visit the patient? This seems just lazy, it would have been easy to come up with a better reason the son needs to come with her.

But, but, but...then how would Pacey enter the picture? :monkey3

lcummins
09-10-2008, 10:30 PM
But, but, but...then how would Pacey enter the picture? :monkey3

Dawson's Creek much??? :D :D :D

CAhobbit
09-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Dawson's Creek much??? :D :D :D

Hey, I'm just waiting for the Dawson cameo. It has to happen! :lol

El Skutto
09-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Hey, I'm just waiting for the Dawson cameo. It has to happen! :lol

I wouldn't hold my breath. Last I saw of James Vanderbeek, he was doing low-budget Canadian horror flicks that went straight to DVD. :(

Sideshow Q
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Actually, she knew what was happening and that he was ^^^^ed and was trying to warn him about it. Since their was nothing she could do, she did that. The dude had turned to him with the phone out already, so he was a goner.

You never yelled out to someone about to get hit by a car when they are crossing the street or something.

You don't yell, "Hey, you're about to get hit by a car!"

You yell "Stop!" or some ^^^^ like that.

How did she know what was happening? She never saw the suspect's face so she was either too far away or her partner was blocking her line of site. If she couldn't see his face, how did she know he was holding a cell phone, let alone holding a cell phone that would detonate an IED. If she could tell he was holding a phone, why would she think it was a detonator...he could've been about to surrender and call his attorney.

Anyhow, I did like the show sans little things like this and her facial expression the whole time. Oh, and what's with the POV from under the location marquis with the Apaches flying overheard? Pretty random.

lcummins
09-11-2008, 12:29 PM
How did she know what was happening? She never saw the suspect's face so she was either too far away or her partner was blocking her line of site. If she couldn't see his face, how did she know he was holding a cell phone, let alone holding a cell phone that would detonate an IED. If she could tell he was holding a phone, why would she think it was a detonator...he could've been about to surrender and call his attorney.

Anyhow, I did like the show sans little things like this and her facial expression the whole time. Oh, and what's with the POV from under the location marquis with the Apaches flying overheard? Pretty random.

Glad to see you posting Q!

I agree with you that she couldn't have known what was going to happen, so yeah, it doesn't make sense for her to call out to him...

Battletroll
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I liked the show and I'm interested in what plot-twists Abrams will bring to it.
The show is a fine mix of X-Files, Millennium and a tidbit of Twilight Zone added to the blend.

But I'd have to agree with Q, some things don't seem to be thought out and/or acted out very well.
Like others, I was also under the impression that Olivia noticed that the runaway suspect was up to no good - it felt as if she somehow noticed it from the look in his eyes (which did seem rather strange since she was at a large distance from him).
Then later she says she hadn't seen his face at all!

And the 'lost son', who is in so much trouble he has to flee to Iraq to avoid them, in the end casually says "he can handle his own problems" when he decides to stay, which hardly needs any persuasion.
Though of course I'm glad he stays :angelsmil

For a show made by a person who is known for excellent intricate story-lines, I feel Fringe has made a weak start when the story in one episode doesn't even feel to add up very well.
Let's hope this improves and Abrams is better in his game when the 'big picture' slowly starts to emerge.
Also the actors still have to get used to their roles; it's often when you watch the earliest episodes of a longer-run TV show that you see how uncomfortable the familiar characters are in the pilot episode.

Darklord Dave
09-11-2008, 05:28 PM
And the 'lost son', who is in so much trouble he has to flee to Iraq to avoid them, in the end casually says "he can handle his own problems" when he decides to stay, which hardly needs any persuasion.
Though of course I'm glad he stays :angelsmil

Olivia tells him that the government will take care of his debt - $600K owed to a guy named Big Eddie.

Also I love the location captions - very originally done - I've seen the 3D captions in features, but not on TV before.

screamingmetal
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Watched the first ep. a couple of days ago, great show!
Kind of a high budget version of the X-Files, it in fact reminded me of the first X-Files movie (haven't seen the second movie yet). I hope the rest in the series are as good if not better, and Fox doesn't cancel it.
I'm looking forward to the series.

Sick Boy 82
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Olivia tells him that the government will take care of his debt - $600K owed to a guy named Big Eddie.

Also I love the location captions - very originally done - I've seen the 3D captions in features, but not on TV before.

I really like the location fonts too. Very cool way to do it. Although, I almost expected to see the standard X-Files typeout at the bottom of the screen.

Batty
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I liked the 3D captions too. It's nice to see something different like that.

My one nitpick with the show was how fast Olivia got over her LSD experience. Her brain was hotwired and she was given a load of hallucinogenics. It didn't seem to throw her off track too much.

Nuka Cola Kidd
09-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry if this was already brought up..but did you notice the half of the apple symbol popped up 2 different times before the commercials..wonder if that means anything

screamingmetal
09-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Sorry if this was already brought up..but did you notice the half of the apple symbol popped up 2 different times before the commercials..wonder if that means anything

Look closely at the seeds and you'll see two human fetuses.

I watched that part when the cellphone blew up the storage facility again; it appeared from the angle that she could see the guy holding the cellphone. The guy was holding the cellphone way off to his side a bit unusually, and the camera view point of the cellphone seemed to be from Olivia's point of view. I think what happened was she saw the guy holding something in a way that seemed a bit unusual and picked up on the bomb detonator before John did and yelled out for him to take cover.

hairlesswookiee
09-14-2008, 11:05 PM
i just watched the last half of the episode and was really impressed with it. i'm downloading it right now and plan on watching it sometime before the next one airs.

dr2red
09-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I watched tonights show and they throw all sorts of stuff out there. I won't give anything away about the episode but it was great.
It is a must watch show for me.

Chapter 2099
09-16-2008, 07:23 PM
I watched tonights show and they throw all sorts of stuff out there. I won't give anything away about the episode but it was great.
It is a must watch show for me.

It keeps getting better and better. My new favorite show !!!! Finally, something to look forward to every week on TV ! :joy

TheObsoleteMan
09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm liking it so far. It harkens back to those glorious early seasons of the X-Files . My only knock would be that the Walter Bishop character is a bit hokey.

Chapter 2099
09-16-2008, 07:38 PM
A few of us were saying it has that whole "X-Files" fibe to it. *sighs* Geez, do I miss the X-Files. Funny because everytime I see an episode of Fringe, I want to watch an episode of the X-Files right after!

plasmid303
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Just finished watching the latest episode. It was a fun and fairly interesting episode, especially the end. I like the little hint about....

...Peter's medical history and the very last scene

Good stuff.

TOE
09-16-2008, 10:50 PM
I saw tonights episode and I was lured by it. Pretty cool. Will watch another episode.

Sick Boy 82
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah, this is a ^^^^in' amazing show! Ever time it goes to a commercial I get the sweats and a fever until the show comes back on. This show just might killer cancer and cure AIDS!!!!

Darklord Dave
09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't find the good doctor is hokey at all. He's the main element that keeps the show fresh. I also like the developing conspiracy plotline with Massive Dynamics.

dr2red
09-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Does anyone mind if I create a Conspiracy spoiler thread for Fringe?

Darklord Dave
09-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Does anyone mind if I create a Conspiracy spoiler thread for Fringe?

That may be a good idea - if the show takes off I'm sure they'll go as deep as LOST does.

screamingmetal
09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I saw the second episode, although I like the show, it has some moments that make me scratch my head and roll my eyes.
Such as when they go to the warehouse at the end, one lady that knows how to handle a gun and a unarmed "civilian" guy. Couldn't they call for backup on the way there knowing they're dealing with a guy that was part of an experiment to create soldiers who might possibly know how to handle himself, and is a murderer? I also didn't like the jury rigged defibrillator, dumb.
I'd like the show more if they added an agent that can also handle themselves or turned Peter Bishop into more of an agent.
Hopefully there won't be anymore eye rolling scenes in future episodes.

dr2red
10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Last nights episode was very good and I am enjoying immensely.

Chapter 2099
10-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Last nights episode was very good and I am enjoying immensely.

You know I meant to post last night. :lol This thread doesn't get much action.

Last nights ep. was by FAR the best of the season. Granted we're only 3 (or 4) into it. But last nights ep. was why I was so drawn to the X-Files.

I love ep. like that!!!! :banana :banana :banana :banana

plasmid303
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
I was just happy that Peter was given more to do in this episode than watch over his dad and be a sarcastic prick.

dr2red
10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
I was just happy that Peter was given more to do in this episode than watch over his dad and be a sarcastic prick.

We were able to see more of the relationship between Peter and Walter.
I am a big X-Files fan and this show gives me the same vibe.

Chapter 2099
10-01-2008, 03:48 PM

Agreed. I'm looking forward to this show a lot. I just hope it doesn't get canceled like so many of Fox's other promising shows have done in the past. (ie JOHN DOE) :(

dr2red
10-02-2008, 04:19 AM
Fringe will have a full season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah oo baby!!!!!

Chapter 2099
10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
POTENTIAL SPOILER:

So I don't expect anyone to reply right away, (because Fringe in currently airing) but in the beginning of the episode right before the elevator scene happens there's someone that walks out of the elevator with a hat by his side. (The gentleman is bald.) As he walks out of the elevator, he puts it on and walks out of view. Was that the Observer?!? (I don't have DVR so I can rewind.) Can someone please verify this. That particular part went by so fast, so I know it sounds like a long shot, but still......It sparked my interest.

SimFeliz
10-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I've seen two episodes and just can't seem to get into it. From what I have seen I'm guessing it will be science fiction and not supernatural? I usually prefer supernatural stuff over science fiction so maybe that's why I can't get into it.

That being said I really hope Lost doesn't go the Supernatural route when everything is finally explained.

Natrix
10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
POTENTIAL SPOILER:

So I don't expect anyone to reply right away, (because Fringe in currently airing) but in the beginning of the episode right before the elevator scene happens there's someone that walks out of the elevator with a hat by his side. (The gentleman is bald.) As he walks out of the elevator, he puts it on and walks out of view. Was that the Observer?!? (I don't have DVR so I can rewind.) Can someone please verify this. That particular part went by so fast, so I know it sounds like a long shot, but still......It sparked my interest.

Yes it was.

dr2red
10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
POTENTIAL SPOILER:

Yes it Was!!!!

Chapter 2099
10-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Yes it was.

YEAH!!!!!!! Score one for me! :rock

That's for the verification Natrix and dr2red! I was freaking out when I saw it, but it went by so fast. I couldn't be certain! :banana

Add this to the Conspiracy thread. Hopefully, it'll help add a small piece to the puzzle.

dr2red
10-14-2008, 07:30 PM
It was fast but just enough for us to notice.

Chapter 2099
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Just added my contribution to the Conspiracy thread. Now, I feel like I can call it a night! :joy

Chapter 2099
10-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Everybody, it's been almost 3 days since the last premier episode and no response?! Come on! :lol

I for one thought it was O.K. Not my favorite, but all around not a failure. I wonder what favor Peter will have to do in return for the help from Massive Dynamics.

Chimera 1
10-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Everybody, it's been almost 3 days since the last premier episode and no response?! Come on! :lol

I for one thought it was O.K. Not my favorite, but all around not a failure. I wonder what favor Peter will have to do in return for the help from Massive Dynamics.

Well the Massive Dynamics chick said something about his deal with some tribe in South America for their soil. But I have a feeling that she will ask him to do something if the team gets to close to MD to stall the investigation or drive it in a new direction away from MD.

plasmid303
10-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Weak episode, possibly the weakest so far. I thought Olivia's rough past was interesting, but I wonder why she hasn't looked for her father in the years since. With her being an FBI agent and all, you'd think it'd be fairly easy for her to do so. If she doesn't like getting those B-Day cards every year, then do something about it. Geez.

The sci-fi plot in this episode was pretty forgettable and the only cool part was in the first 5 minutes.

Buttmunch
10-24-2008, 06:18 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I love watching for the Observer. Kinda like "Where's Waldo." I really want to go back and see the first few episodes now.

Chapter 2099
10-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I love watching for the Observer. Kinda like "Where's Waldo." I really want to go back and see the first few episodes now.

I missed him in the last episode on Tuesday. Where was he at?

Buttmunch
10-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I missed him in the last episode on Tuesday. Where was he at?

He was at the dinner party. You see him near some curtains and then litterally walks behind Olivia and the suspect she is questioning.

I'm positive he has been in all of them now.

http://fringepedia.net/index.php?title=The_Observer

A very fun aspect to the show, its my favorite part about watching a new episode now.

Chapter 2099
10-25-2008, 11:19 PM
He was at the dinner party. You see him near some curtains and then litterally walks behind Olivia and the suspect she is questioning.

I'm positive he has been in all of them now.

http://fringepedia.net/index.php?title=The_Observer

A very fun aspect to the show, its my favorite part about watching a new episode now.

That website is amazing. Thanks for the link! It has EVERYTHING FRINGE. :banana

I just found a cool piece of trivia on there: The "Observer" is named September. (According to a Fox Press Release.)

Chapter 2099
11-11-2008, 12:58 PM
New episode of Fringe tonight! I know this thread is losing steam quickly, so I had to give it a boost. Finally after a two week hiatus, new episodes are back.

Chapter 2099
11-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Any thoughts on tonights episode? Not the best and not the worst in my opinion. And what is "Little Hill?".......Ohhhhhhh.......Ahhhhhhh.......

darthviper107
11-11-2008, 09:05 PM
It was pretty good. The show is interesting to watch and it looks like the actors have quickly become comfortable in their roles. I can see this getting better, they're building up a lot of mystery that will hopefully lead to something worthwhile.

Chapter 2099
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
It was pretty good. The show is interesting to watch and it looks like the actors have quickly become comfortable in their roles. I can see this getting better, they're building up a lot of mystery that will hopefully lead to something worthwhile.

I just hope Fox doesn't cancel Fringe because I can see this season ending on a cliffhanger. Anyone remember John Doe? (One of my favorite TV series ever.) It too lasted only ONE season on Fox.........and ended on a cliffhanger.....and now I have no closure.....because IT WAS CANCELED! :mad:

Jair
11-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Read somewhere today they picked up Fringe for the rest of the season, which is kinda unlike Fox...They have picked up Sarah Conner Chronicles as well, which either means they (FOX) are at least trying to finish out the seasons and give the shows a chance :) or they have nothing to replace them with :(

KrisSolo
11-13-2008, 02:12 AM
I've seen every episode of Fringe to date and must say, although I thought it had potential at the beginning, I'm finding it less and less appealing. There something... cold about the show. The characters feel a little 2-D to me lacking any real depth. And the constant build up of mystery without ANY explanation... people complain about Lost, but each week something new and unexplained occurs without anything ever getting anywhere. I can defer my 'need-to-know' tendencies for many, many seasons (Lost) if I feel it's worth the wait and I find the characters engaging. Fringe just seems pointless. Mystery for mystery's sake doesn't interest me.

And if John Noble's character says '....it reminds me of an experiment I did back in the day' one more time... :emperor

Chapter 2099
11-18-2008, 08:03 PM
The Fringe I love IS BACK!!!!!!

Tonight's episode was on par with what Fringe could/should be. 10/10

Can't wait for next week!!!!!! Looks like A LOT of answers will be revealed (or at least uncovered more.)

darthviper107
11-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, this episode was really good. It's interesting that they setup the episode previews like it was a problem with teleportation--but the episode had nothing to do with that.

And what was up with the apple? I didn't see anything special with it.

Chapter 2099
11-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, this episode was really good. It's interesting that they setup the episode previews like it was a problem with teleportation--but the episode had nothing to do with that.

And what was up with the apple? I didn't see anything special with it.

The apple in the end?

By using the formula that the woman had "worked hard" to solve, the gentleman was able to apply it to manipulate the frequency of sound waves and focus them as such to rearrange the molecular particles of a solid (ie the safe that had the apple locked up.) Thus he could simply put his hand straight through the safe and grab the apple without even unlocking it or opening its door.

To answer the question though, the apple was normal. Just a "test subject."

darthviper107
11-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh, ok, I saw it wrong. The apple looked redder to me so I was like "Yey, you've spent years and years of work and killed several people just to be able to make an apple fresh."

Chapter 2099
11-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh, ok, I saw it wrong. The apple looked redder to me so I was like "Yey, you've spent years and years of work and killed several people just to be able to make an apple fresh."

:lol:lol:lol That may have been part of it too. Who knows with this show?

Did you see the Observer in this ep.? I've been missing him lately. I know he supposedly makes an appearance in episode.

Chapter 2099
11-26-2008, 04:21 PM
So instead of asking if anyone watched last night's episode, I'll ask: Does anyone watch at all anymore? This thread is barely getting any comments anymore.

Bullseye
11-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Man I love this show. Are people loosing interest. We are probably well behind u guys in the US. Tonights episode was about the "Butterflys".

Chapter 2099
11-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Man I love this show. Are people loosing interest. We are probably well behind u guys in the US. Tonights episode was about the "Butterflys".

It sounds like you guys are on track. The one about the hallucinogens?

Bullseye
11-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah thats the one.

Darklord Dave
11-26-2008, 06:08 PM
:lol:lol:lol That may have been part of it too. Who knows with this show?

Did you see the Observer in this ep.? I've been missing him lately. I know he supposedly makes an appearance in episode.

In the first shot he's standing with his back to the wall facing the camera as she comes off the elevator. I thought it was kind of odd, since he's in this secure building and positioned very strangely.

Jair
11-26-2008, 10:14 PM
we'll in the previews for the next episode we now know why the experiment with the device that allowed someone to pull the apple through the safe is was so important.

I really like how they are slowly tying themes together and I have a feeling that much like Lost they are playing for the big picture as opposed to one and done type of season. I really hope this show stays around I think it has some of the best writing on TV.

It will be interesting to see where they take Peter's storyline to, It seems he owe's the mob some money and one would think he would just get the FBI to somehow take care of the debt if it's just that.

Evan

Saya
11-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Critic reports online say that its a hit in it's time slot and demographic. But still watch! We all should keep watching, too many good shows get the axe because people aren't aware. I love this show!:banana Although I don't think I've made all the connections you guys have so thanks for the enlightenment.:monkey3

Sick Boy 82
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I watch every episode, but I just don't post as much with full-time work and 4 nights a week of school. Work has just been nuts lately, which is where I do most of my posting, so....

Yeah, I could see the vibrating wall thing coming from a mile a way. But i wonder if they are wanting money or is there soemthing else in the vault that they want!!

And wasn't the leader of those guys a FBI agent???? I know he played Godfather in "Generation Kill" on HBO. Chance Kelly I think?? I like that guy. He's a pretty good actor.

tomandshell
12-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I try to watch this, but with kids running around it's hard to pay close attention. I really like John Noble's character--he plays a good crackpot. I keep expecting him to turn and say, "Bring wood and oil!!"

Chapter 2099
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Fringe has done it again!!! Tonight's episode was brilliant! It's back in full force. I'll admit I was beginning to waver a little, but tonight's show proved me wrong. And to top it all off, we have to wait until January for new episodes. I don't know if I can wait that long! :horror

Fubeca
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I try to watch this, but with kids running around it's hard to pay close attention. I really like John Noble's character--he plays a good crackpot. I keep expecting him to turn and say, "Bring wood and oil!!"

Well he kinda got there with his erection comment from last week! :lol

Buttmunch
12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Was the Observer not in this week's episode, or did I just miss him after looking for him twice? This is a first for me :(

Vader AL
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
love this show....missed tonight's episode, stuck in an airport.

i'll have to catch it on fox.com

Chapter 2099
12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Was the Observer not in this week's episode, or did I just miss him after looking for him twice? This is a first for me :(

Yep! He was! (I actually caught him this week. :banana) In the very beginning, when the thieves were disabling the camera in the first bank, you saw the Observer walk across the screen on one of the security monitors. He had his hat on and briefcase in hand. As always though, it lasted all but a second.

Darren Carnall
12-03-2008, 07:29 AM
the episode we just watched here in the UK, was the one where Walter went back into the institution for a night to try to get info from the other guy. I didn't see the Observer in that ep.... did anyone see him?

Darklord Dave
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
So my time travel theory is looking better now, eh?

KrisSolo
12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, I'll eat my hat... that was one FANTASTIC episode! I too had begun to waiver, but first last week's now this week's episode and, man, cannot wait for the show to continue! January you say? Bugger.

tomandshell
12-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm actually excited about watching in January--last night's episode was great. The more continuity and serialization the better. If it's a "weird thing of the week" show then I'll tune in when I feel like it, but when there is an ongoing story/mythology running underneath, I'll make sure I watch every week.

Natrix
12-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Here is a video with the Observer appearances in case anyone has missed some.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ7k3s5UqUY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZ7k3s5UqUY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Batty
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Merry Fringemas

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/4946f2fe0d3e1d3d/4949d65d39b17d88/49495376f543f003/9885e6c2" id="W4946f2fe0d3e1d3d4949d65d39b17d88" width="400" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/4946f2fe0d3e1d3d/4949d65d39b17d88/49495376f543f003/9885e6c2" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

Batty
01-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Another great episode this week. I'm not sure about the addition of the Harris character.

And who saw this? :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG6JIBSYwJw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG6JIBSYwJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sick Boy 82
01-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Recorded it, but didn;t get a chance to watch it yet. Will try to watch after Bones tonight.

Chapter 2099
01-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Another great episode this week. I'm not sure about the addition of the Harris character.

And who saw this? :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG6JIBSYwJw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gG6JIBSYwJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The observer is EVERYWHERE!!! Thanks for that post. That's crazy! :banana

Well, Fringe is back in FULL FORCE. I loved this week's episode and what a great way to come back after the hiatus. I even spotted the observer in it as well. So +1 for Chapter 2099. :rock

Saya
01-24-2009, 02:07 AM
The episode was great! how can you not love a giant cold slug jumping out of someones mouth. :lol

Darklord Dave
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
People turning into giant were-porcupines - Hmm.

I didn't see where the observer was this episode, but one thing bothered me. When the plane went down there was an obvious something seperating from it. I thought it was going to be the monster, but he was at the crash site.

Also, anyone feel like they retconned the relationship just to give it closure and move on? It seemed like it was going in a whole different direction with Mark Valley's character.

bumblebee
02-05-2009, 06:00 PM

I didn't see where the observer was this episode, but one thing bothered me. When the plane went down there was an obvious something seperating from it. I thought it was going to be the monster, but he was at the crash site.

Also, anyone feel like they retconned the relationship just to give it closure and move on? It seemed like it was going in a whole different direction with Mark Valley's character.

Yea I thought they'd atleast draw out there relationship till the end of the season.

Chapter 2099
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM

The Observer was in the very beginning of the episode, walking across the soccer field.

In terms of Valley's character, John Scott, I think Abrams still has a few "aces" up his sleeve. You also have to take into consideration the fact that Valley is married to Anna Torv (Olivia.) So I doubt we've seen the last of John Scott.

As for Fringe, it rocks! I loved Tuesday's episode and I hope it continues to gain more "steam."

Chapter 2099
02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I just saw the Observe in tonight's new episode. :rock (He's near the newspaper stand for those keeping track.)

It looks like it's going to be a good one. :gun

CelticPredator
02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Unrelated...and sorry for the spam, but was there a Watchmen special on?

Chapter 2099
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Unrelated...and sorry for the spam, but was there a Watchmen special on?

Yeah, they announced it a few commercials ago, but it has not aired yet.

CelticPredator
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Thank you very much.

Oh and I dig this show....I end up watching it when its on. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 episodes, and I like the characters.

CelticPredator
02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh boo. I guess its the second trailer.

Carry on then.

Chapter 2099
02-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Walter. Walter. Walter. I never knew he was an author too.

Chapter 2099
02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
And Fringe has just raised the bar, yet again. Another excellent episode tonight.

darthviper107
02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Wow, this was a really great episode. Despite how awkward the beginning of the show was, it's really gotten much more exciting.

I like how they have the sort of procedural story setup (just investigating weird crime phenomenon explained with science), but they've got a god serial story that goes along with it.

Chapter 2099
02-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Wow, this was a really great episode. Despite how awkward the beginning of the show was, it's really gotten much more exciting.

I like how they have the sort of procedural story setup (just investigating weird crime phenomenon explained with science), but they've got a god serial story that goes along with it.

I agree 100%. This show has exceeded my expectations. I enjoy how EVERY detail somehow plays a part in grand scheme of things, no matter how minute it may seem. Blink and you might miss something vital to the plot......literally. (ie The Observer.) And the scary thing is: I think this is the "calm before the storm."

I never got into Lost, but JJ Abrams has certainly done an amazing job with this one.

Hulksmashed
02-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Awesome story line!! Parallel worlds at war!

Oh, did anyone catch tonight Watcher appearance? He dodged the street vendor as the vendor stumbled away after getting infected.

Hulksmashed
02-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I just saw the Observe in tonight's new episode. :rock (He's near the newspaper stand for those keeping track.)

It looks like it's going to be a good one. :gun

DOH, beat me too it 2099...no fair logging DURING the show! :rotfl

Saya
02-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I always miss him! I feel like I'm playing where's Waldo during the entire episode. :lol Love the show tho. great stuff every week.

Chapter 2099
02-10-2009, 10:21 PM
DOH, beat me too it 2099...no fair logging DURING the show! :rotfl

I can't help it. :lol I'm just glad to see other Fringe fans here!!! :rock (This thread doesn't get too many posts.)

Chapter 2099
02-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I always miss him! I feel like I'm playing where's Waldo during the entire episode. :lol Love the show tho. great stuff every week.

It's half the fun isn't it?! :lol

All I know is that this show is coming together beautifully. I'm glad I started watching from Day 1.

And for those new Fringe fans, START WATCHING! It's never too late. (We'll fill you in on any questions you may have.)

And on a side note.........

Joss Whedon's DOLLHOUSE premiers this Friday on Fox at 9:00 EST. Don't miss it!! :rock :rock :rock

Batty
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Probably one of the best episodes tonight. I'm still not crazy about the Harris character (I'm not sure why he's really needed), but I love how Olivia stands up to him and makes him look like a fool.

And having Walter be the author of the manifesto was a great twist. I probably should have seen it coming but didn't.

I saw the Observer. :D

WetaWork
02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Great show for sure.

http://www.cyberplugs.com/dgc/NYCC2009/dsc00945.jpg

Jair
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
The show keeps getting better and better, sure glad they renewed it for a second season.

I wonder if Walter really even remembers writing the manifesto. I keep thinking somehow whatever Walter did to Peter will play into this theory of a second or multiple worlds colliding with ours.

Some small bites of information were talked about at the NYCC, here is a link on the story

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/090208-nycc09-fringe.html

Good stuff!

Evan

Batty
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Great pic! I hope you brought some coffee cake with you.

Batty
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I wonder if Walter really even remembers writing the manifesto. I keep thinking somehow whatever Walter did to Peter will play into this theory of a second or multiple worlds colliding with ours.

Evan

I don't think he remembers writing it at all. I think he just recognized the raised "y" in the type.

Sick Boy 82
02-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah, he may not remember actually writing it, but he does know now that he did write it!!!!

I hate you WetaWork, Jasika Nicole is so ^^^^ing fine!!!!

Hulksmashed
02-11-2009, 05:46 AM
I don't think he remembers writing it at all. I think he just recognized the raised "y" in the type.

OMG! I totally missed that! My one year old was crying....I walked away and came back to see Walter typing ability...and wondered what the hell that meant! Figured we would find out later on :rotfl:rotfl

Thank God for this board :banana

Hulksmashed
02-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Loved how Olivia apparently has power! I am sure Peter will end up having something as well. Seeing as Walter DID write the maniphesto, it only makes sense that what he did to child Peter was treat him with the same Drug Olivia was treated with to prepare him for what was to come.

Last episode during the transaction with the terrorists, Peter saved thier butts by coming up with where he met someone. The one agent then said "Where the hell did he come up with that?" I thought it odd that they made such a big deal out of it. Maybe that was an example of where PETER used his ability.

Also, what was the significance of Massive Dynamic ladies malfunctioning hand? Then later when calling Olivia tells her that the hand is all better. Too random to be added as filler dialogue, and since it was brought up a second time it has to be important.

Darklord Dave
02-11-2009, 10:50 AM
I have to agree, the mythology of this show keeps getting better and Walter is a fantastic character.

the timing of MD lady letting Olivia know that she was part of the trials suggests that she wanted her to go through the test without knowing - that is if she's also part of the group (which I assume she is).

Hulksmashed
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
I have to agree, the mythology of this show keeps getting better and Walter is a fantastic character.

the timing of MD lady letting Olivia know that she was part of the trials suggests that she wanted her to go through the test without knowing - that is if she's also part of the group (which I assume she is).

Oh so you think the hand was just a cop out so that she had an excuse for not digging any deeper! Good call!

I love the huge plot shift last night. You went from believing the Pattern was caused by all of the antagonists so far. When in reality, the antagonists so far (most anyway) might be the good guys trying to fight the pattern/cause of the pattern.

darthviper107
02-11-2009, 12:20 PM
If Olivia can turn of those lights with her mind, perhaps she was causing interference with the MD lady's robotic hand.

Hulksmashed
02-11-2009, 12:23 PM
If Olivia can turn of those lights with her mind, perhaps she was causing interference with the MD lady's robotic hand.

Possible, but unlikely since she actually had to try to turn off the lights. Doesnt seem to be a passive ability. I think Dave is right, the MD lady was in on the test (remember talk between MD Lady and Olivia's superior? Telling MD lady she couldnt have Olivia).

Chapter 2099
04-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Fringe is back TONIGHT!

UPDATE: I JUST SPOTTED THE OBSERVER ON TONIGHT'S EPISODE OF AMERICAN IDOL!!! :rock

darthviper107
04-07-2009, 06:05 PM
God dam it, it's supposed to be Fringe, not American Idol

Chapter 2099
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
It's a mini Observer! A MINI OBSERVER!

Chapter 2099
04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I really hope the Fringe fans didn't miss this one tonight. It has a lot of "unforeseen potential" that I think may play a big role down the road.

I'm just glad to see that Fringe is back!

Sick Boy 82
04-07-2009, 11:04 PM
^^^^ing American Idol screwed my DVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always record for 2 minutes past just to make sure I get the preview for next week or whatever. Well, ^^^^ing stupid, ^^^^ing retarded, ^^^^ing idiotic American Idol decided to run like 5-10 minutes late and screwed me out of the last few minutes of Fringe!!!!

Oh well, guess I will just have to wait a few days until someone loads an HD version onto Mininova so I can put it on the plasma.

I hope that everyone from American Idol dies a horrible death!!!!

p!tu
04-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Mini Observer dude!!! :banana:banana:banana:banana i wonder how old he really is!!

Nuka Cola Kidd
04-08-2009, 08:54 AM

I always record for 2 minutes past just to make sure I get the preview for next week or whatever. Well, ^^^^ing stupid, ^^^^ing retarded, ^^^^ing idiotic American Idol decided to run like 5-10 minutes late and screwed me out of the last few minutes of Fringe!!!!

Oh well, guess I will just have to wait a few days until someone loads an HD version onto Mininova so I can put it on the plasma.

Same ^^^^ing thing just happened to me....im so pissed..would it be on FOX.com?....last thing i saw was "the artist" driving through the road block and Olivia drawling her gun!!!

Darklord Dave
04-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Yep, screwed by Fox again. Funny, I thought about it when it started and it was still Idol for a few minutes - I knew I was going to lose the last few minutes. But it goes out just as she recognizes the killer!

So I"m still convinced the Observer is a time traveler - so the kid IS the Observer (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Nuka Cola Kidd
04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
http://television.aol.com/american-idol/2009/04/07/idol-runs-long-dvrs-cut-off-adam-lambert-cue-screams-of-outr/?icid=main|main|dl2|link3|http%3A%2F%2Ftelevision. aol.com%2Famerican-idol%2F2009%2F04%2F07%2Fidol-runs-long-dvrs-cut-off-adam-lambert-cue-screams-of-outr%2F

So where's the article about outraged fringe fans? cause i am!

Chapter 2099
04-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Yep, screwed by Fox again. Funny, I thought about it when it started and it was still Idol for a few minutes - I knew I was going to lose the last few minutes. But it goes out just as she recognizes the killer!

So I"m still convinced the Observer is a time traveler - so the kid IS the Observer (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Interesting theory, Dave. I never thought about it that way before, but my take is still that the Observer is NOT the only one of his kind....

CAhobbit
04-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Interesting theory, Dave. I never thought about it that way before, but my take is still that the Observer is NOT the only one of his kind....

I'm leaning toward that theory as well. Given the CIA (?) guy saying 'They found another one' during the episode.

p!tu
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM

I think it was discussed in the series that they are more than on Observer. Maybe im dreaming but i believe it to be so.

Chapter 2099
04-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I think it was discussed in the series that they are more than on Observer. Maybe im dreaming but i believe it to be so.

I really like the direction that show is going though, even though I have no idea where it is going. :lol I guess it's all of the mystery and the little hints and clues that are slowly coming together. This is one of those shows that I can definitely see myself buying on DVD.

Chapter 2099
04-08-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm leaning toward that theory as well. Given the CIA (?) guy saying 'They found another one' during the episode.

Yeah, I forgot about that as well. That's a good point.

p!tu
04-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Lest not forget about the monster in the next episode!! :rock

Chapter 2099
04-08-2009, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I don't know about that one. I saw the tail of the "beast" and I hope it looks "good."

CAhobbit
04-08-2009, 11:45 AM

Don't forget that it's either Big Bird or a Pterdactyl. I heart John Noble's character on the show.

p!tu
04-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Don't forget that it's either Big Bird or a Pterdactyl. I heart John Noble's character on the show.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl that was so funny!!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Sick Boy 82
04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I like the actor that played the CIA guy. He was cool in the show Over There.

Darklord Dave
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I like the actor that played the CIA guy. He was cool in the show Over There.

It's funny because as soon as I finished being outraged at missing the last few minutes of Fringe I played Cupid and the same guy was the lead guest star on that show. He's getting some work.

Sick Boy 82
04-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Haha, cool.

I'm gonna try to DL it tonight. Actually, off to do that right now!!

Batty
04-08-2009, 08:12 PM

I just finished watching it on my DVR before I read this thread. I had a feeling the end would be cut off once I saw AI still running. Then I forgot since I was so caught up in the episode. :lol Luckily hulu has it up so I was able to watch the last few minutes.

Sick Boy 82
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Just finished DLing it. Gonna watch the end now. Yay!!

Sick Boy 82
04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Well, guess I didn't really miss much.

But the part with the Observer was cool!

Buttmunch
04-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Yep, Hulu for the win on this episode. Yet another reason to hate American Idol. End your show on time! They need Jack Bauer to run there show. "The following takes place between 7PM and 8PM... or else." :gun

Darklord Dave
04-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Watched the last few minutes on Fox.com. Man, we missed a lot. Now I'm not so sure the kid and the observer are the same person, but they are obviously connected.

darthviper107
04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Hah! Leonard Nimoy to be in the Fringe season Finale:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=54374

Ktjn
04-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Speculation, This show may be getting the Axe?...I hope not.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-10-shows-that-deserve-to-return-next-fall-but-might-not--228

Chapter 2099
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Speculation, This show may be getting the Axe?...I hope not.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-10-shows-that-deserve-to-return-next-fall-but-might-not--228

It better not be getting the proverbial "axe." :mad:

Hulksmashed
04-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Watched the last few minutes on Fox.com. Man, we missed a lot. Now I'm not so sure the kid and the observer are the same person, but they are obviously connected.

I think the Watcher is just one of many watchers. My guess was that the kid will become or already is a Watcher. The bald head, the pale skin, the empathic ability....all the makings of a watcher.

bidge1000
04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I think this show has gone from strength to strength, a worthy replacement for us x files fans with the added bonus of a nutty professor thrown in!

D:chew

Chapter 2099
04-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Yet ANOTHER great Fringe episode tonight. And I'm surprised how well they built the suspense and the unveiling of the chimera was WELL worth the wait. I was very impressed.

I'm still waiting for some loose ends to get tied up, but there is still plenty of time. :rock

p!tu
04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
^^^^ I missed it!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sick Boy 82
04-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Wow, that was a ^^^^ing episode!!!!

The chimera was cool!!

Aw, I think Olivia might like Peter a little bit and was kinda jealous!!

Some of my friends don't think Olivia's hot, but I got a crazy crush on her!! She's sexy!!

And I thought the end with her turning her light light back on was hilarious!!

darthviper107
04-15-2009, 01:25 AM
I actually think this might be one of the shows that Fox doesn't cancel

Darklord Dave
04-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Man, I'm glad I tivo'd part of the news too - would have missed the end again - damn you Idol and Fox!

This episode wasn't as well constructed as most, but still good - Olivia is a great character - they've always set up that her and Peter have a mutual attraction thing going - it's cool that they've thrown her sister in the mix to make it a bit more interesting.

And the chimera was a pretty cool design - had a little Cloverfield to it as well.

Batty
04-15-2009, 01:20 PM
I really like Olivia. I think Anna Torv is doing a great job with the character. I actually like how all the characters are being fleshed out. Even seeing Charlie with his wife was good. I'm not sorry that Harris hasn't been around. That probably won't last.

Ear omelet anyone?

Chapter 2099
04-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Man, I'm glad I tivo'd part of the news too - would have missed the end again - damn you Idol and Fox!

This episode wasn't as well constructed as most, but still good - Olivia is a great character - they've always set up that her and Peter have a mutual attraction thing going - it's cool that they've thrown her sister in the mix to make it a bit more interesting.

And the chimera was a pretty cool design - had a little Cloverfield to it as well.

I really am impressed with this show. I wasn't expecting it to become this good. I'll admit that I don't watch Lost, so this is the first time (I think) that I've seen J.J. Abrams' work, but if this is any indication of how Star Trek will be, I can't wait. Even though I'm not much of a Star Trek fan, I'm anxious to see how Abrams translates his version onto the big screen.

Saya
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I love this show, and Im so relieved that I finally have a show that I enjoy that doesn't look like it's going to be canceled anytime soon. I used to love lost but it got lame and just recently got good again. but this show is sci-fi at its BEST! and it has great twists and turns. :rock

Chapter 2099
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
For those of you who watched this week, it looks like we got an in depth look into the Cortexaphan trials....

And how about the tape that Walter played at the end?!?!?! I was shocked!!!! :horror :horror :horror

And did anyone else think there was something more to those vaccinations that Olivia's niece got? At first, she said "they were dead," and then after receiving them, she said "they were alive again." Maybe, I'm looking too far into it, and it was just a metaphor for an underlying theme, but I'm not convinced yet. I think there may be something more to it than that.

Batty
04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Great episode tonight. I'm glad they're getting deeper into the mythology.

I'm not so sure the whole thing with the niece's vaccination was coincidental. There could be more to it. By the way, who tells a kid they're going to be injected with something dead? :lol

I think there's a lot Walter still doesn't remember from his past, but pieces are slowly falling into place for him. Him watching the video at the end was creepy.

The Observer was crossing the street tonight.

Darklord Dave
04-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Yep, Walter at the end was very creepy - a great Blair Witch feeling to the video he's watching too. What did little "Olive" do to burn the room like that but keep her corner safe?

Anna Torv is really delivering in this role, and they're giving her so much to do as an actress - I don't find her that attractive, but she's imminently watchable.

Batty
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Anna Torv is really delivering in this role, and they're giving her so much to do as an actress - I don't find her that attractive, but she's imminently watchable.

I do find her attractive, it's just that she looks so serious all the time. As she should.

Chapter 2099
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Alright....I've given PLENTY of time for responses and no one?? Really??

Anyone who missed it really missed a special episode. (I would go into detail, but then why would you watch?!?! :lol) Well, I hope you all tune in next week. The Observer is BACK!

darthviper107
04-29-2009, 02:47 PM

Well, I hope you all tune in next week. The Observer is BACK!

I watched it but completely forgot about talking about it.:monkey3

Pretty good episode, I want eyes like that

Chapter 2099
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
I watched it but completely forgot about talking about it.:monkey3

Pretty good episode, I want eyes like that

How about those teeth?!!? I never got used to seeing those things come out! Everytime she killed someone, I had to cringe. :lol

p!tu
04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I cant wait to see Next Weeks Episode!!!!!:chew:chew:chew

Chapter 2099
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
I cant wait to see Next Weeks Episode!!!!!:chew:chew:chew

I'm just glad "the man" is back and this time WITH DIALOGUE!!! :rock :rock :rock

Darren Carnall
04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm an episode or two behind so I havent read all this thread.... but man I LURRVE this show!! :rock :rock :rock

Watching it feels like all the excitement of the x-files in its early days when it was good... with the added twist of JJ's story telling. And the performances are fabulous.

*crosses fingers that this doesnt get cancelled like everything else i like*
(but this especially!!!!!!!)

Batty
04-29-2009, 05:06 PM

Anyone who missed it really missed a special episode. (I would go into detail, but then why would you watch?!?! :lol) Well, I hope you all tune in next week. The Observer is BACK!

A response to what? I think I missed the question.

My favorite line from last night's episode: "The camera, Asprin." :lol

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/SZYmMySJqg8_FoqgyohVTA/2049/2056"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/SZYmMySJqg8_FoqgyohVTA/2049/2056" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Chapter 2099
04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
A response to what? I think I missed the question.

My favorite line from last night's episode: "The camera, Asprin." :lol

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/SZYmMySJqg8_FoqgyohVTA/2049/2056"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/SZYmMySJqg8_FoqgyohVTA/2049/2056" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Responses to last night's episode. I guess I should have said "reactions" or "opinions." I'm just glad my post spurred replies! :rock

Batty
04-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Responses to last night's episode. I guess I should have said "reactions" or "opinions." I'm just glad my post spurred replies! :rock

You could have just started the conversation with what you thought of the episode. Sometimes I'm too lazy. :lol

I'm an episode or two behind so I havent read all this thread.... but man I LURRVE this show!! :rock :rock :rock

Watching it feels like all the excitement of the x-files in its early days when it was good... with the added twist of JJ's story telling. And the performances are fabulous.

*crosses fingers that this doesnt get cancelled like everything else i like*
(but this especially!!!!!!!)

I continue to enjoy Fringe week after week. I'm pretty sure it'll be back next season... Especially since this is an Abrams show. And it looks like rating continue to be strong, so that doesn't hurt.

BTW, did anyone else think Peter was carrying a Nintendo Virtual Boy in the bar? :lol

Chapter 2099
04-29-2009, 05:46 PM
You could have just started the conversation with what you thought of the episode. Sometimes I'm too lazy. :lol

:lol I just like to wait for others to start it off....but lately this thread seems to be losing steam. :(

At least I know there's a few of us though. :rock

Batty
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
At least I know there's a few of us though. :rock

Definitely! :rock

When I think about all the shows I've watched this season that have been cancelled or are on the verge of cancellation, Fringe looks to be one of the few that'll actually survive.

Saya
04-29-2009, 06:16 PM
I think Im an episode behind(dvr's my friend. :)), but Im watching it tonight so I will chime in later or tomorrow. I love this show tho.

JimCem99
04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
my wife and i watch the show and we love it. Reminds us of the X-files. We hope it doesn't get cancelled like Firefly or perhaps TSSC. All the episodes are good. Peter (and Dr. Bishop) have the best lines.

Natrix
05-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh yeah, Fox announced today that Fringe has been renewed for a second season!!

p!tu
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM

:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:joy:joy

-jay-
05-05-2009, 02:04 AM

Yeah for 22 eps? really happy about that i love this show and as others have said it has an X-Files feel about it...Love it.

Saya
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
great show! loved the last episode. and I think they do pretty good with their special effect for a weekly tv series.

p!tu
05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Harris!!!! WOOOT!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Snap!!!!!!! ^^^^ just hit the fan!!!!!

Chapter 2099
05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Harris!!!! WOOOT!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Snap!!!!!!! ^^^^ just hit the fan!!!!!

You're not allowed to post until the episode is over and proper judgment can be made. :D

Chapter 2099
05-05-2009, 06:53 PM
See.....Now, Harris is no longer in the equation.

Chapter 2099
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
The Season Finale is next TUESDAY!!!!

Another awesome episode tonight! Need I say more?

p!tu
05-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Man!!! I think harris is alive!!! that burnt dude at the end!! and the ^^^^^ got shot!!!! wooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Chapter 2099
05-05-2009, 07:32 PM
The fact that the OBSERVER!!!! was in this episode should mean that we see A LOT of posts from fans before the season finale. I mean common on, this is the OBSERVER!!!! we're talking about! It's the OBSERVER!!!!

Batty
05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, once again American Idol ran long and the end of Fringe was cut off on my DVR. Now I need to wait until it shows up on Hulu. Thank you AI.

darthviper107
05-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow, really awesome.

-jay-
05-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Wow, really awesome.

You can say that again this show gets better and better doesn't it? love this show it's class.

p!tu
05-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Well, once again American Idol ran long and the end of Fringe was cut off on my DVR. Now I need to wait until it shows up on Hulu. Thank you AI.

you would think you guys would already be expecting this crap. I hate AI:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Batty
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
you would think you guys would already be expecting this crap. I hate AI:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Yeah, I know. But aren't they down to the last few contestants? Why does it keep going over? At least I was able to catch the last minute on Hulu. :rock

This was another great episode. I loved the Star Trek/Clint Howard scene. Abrams really tied it all in together. He directed the new movie, Clint appeared on the original series, and a certain Vulcan who will be making his appearance next week.

Any guess as to where the Observer is taking Walter?

Darklord Dave
05-06-2009, 11:24 AM

I was, I now TIVO the 10 News too. And I can't imagine misssing those last few seconds - talk about pivotal!

And so I was wrong - the Observer isn't from the future but a parallel reality apparently. Anyone think Liv also has the fire power too? Remember the video of her as a child in the burnt room?

Chapter 2099
05-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Fringe Season Finale. Tonight. 9 PM EST. On Fox. Be somebody.

Lembas Eater
05-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Fringe Season Finale. Tonight. 9 PM EST. On Fox. Be somebody.

And it was a thing of beauty!

I was figuring that we wouldn't see Bell until the end but where the meeting took place was too cool!

SSC_Nerd
05-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Some cool revelations. FROM FINALE!
Peter died in this reality, and I guess he was what Walter "lost" and tried to get back.

World Trade Center. 'nuff said.

Cool ending, though Bell's appearance was kinda short.

jinxx
05-12-2009, 07:22 PM
wow!....a parallel Peter!..:rotfl

Batty
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Great finale! I'm very happy Fringe has been renewed.

Besides the revelation about Peter and the appearance of Bell, I liked the newspaper with the headline about the new White House and former President Kennedy. I also liked the woman who led Olivia to Bell's office.

Chapter 2099
05-13-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm pretty much speechless about this finale because it was that good. Give me some time to gather my thoughts and maybe I can make a coherent post. It was THAT good IMO. Absolutely brilliant!!!

My biggest question is the glimpse that we got of the "Peter" back-story. For those of you who watched, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. The implications in that scene were mind-blowing!

-jay-
05-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Just about to watch this shame it's the last one until season 2 it's been a fun ride so far hope season 2 is just as good if not better! :)

tomandshell
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I called the Peter twist. Told my wife what I thought was up, and when we eventually got confirmation in that final Walter scene, I was gloating.

This was a great end to the season! They are finally getting deeper into the mythology of the show, and it's getting me hooked.

-jay-
05-13-2009, 02:18 AM
I called the Peter twist. Told my wife what I thought was up, and when we eventually got confirmation in that final Walter scene, I was gloating.

This was a great end to the season! They are finally getting deeper into the mythology of the show, and it's getting me hooked.

Nice one! :)

That was one awesome episode and it's going to make the wait for season 2 a B**** when is it going to be on anyway?

I'm so hooked can't wait for the next season :banana

Darklord Dave
05-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I had thought earlier in the season that Peter was a clone, but this is much cooler.

And it seems like they're setting up Nimoy to be a recurring character next season?

Funny, I was looking at the newspaper for differences, but didn't see the thing about Kennedy.

Funny how all this ties into Star Trek too. But it seems the parallel universes thing isn't being used at all on LOST where it also might apply. On LOST, "what happened, happened" and there are no offshoots of other realities (yet).

Batty
05-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I had thought earlier in the season that Peter was a clone, but this is much cooler.

And it seems like they're setting up Nimoy to be a recurring character next season?

Funny, I was looking at the newspaper for differences, but didn't see the thing about Kennedy.

Funny how all this ties into Star Trek too. But it seems the parallel universes thing isn't being used at all on LOST where it also might apply. On LOST, "what happened, happened" and there are no offshoots of other realities (yet).

It's the top story on the left. "Former Pres. Kennedy to address UN." It was a lot easier to see in HD.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3044/screencaptureihi.png (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screencaptureihi.png)

Here's an interview (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/05/leonard-nimoy-o.html) with Nimoy.

p!tu
05-13-2009, 01:41 PM
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock AWESOME!!!!! what everybody has said!!!! woohoo!!! Spock!!!!! AMERICA!!! ^^^^ yeah!!! Im in love with this show!! i want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Bannister
05-13-2009, 02:06 PM
It's the top story on the left. "Former Pres. Kennedy to address UN." It was a lot easier to see in HD.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3044/screencaptureihi.png (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screencaptureihi.png)

Here's an interview (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/05/leonard-nimoy-o.html) with Nimoy.
It also mentioned Len Bias winning MVP for the Celtics.