Repaint & Modified Hasbro Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultrajack

Freakalicious
Reaction score
As you know Hasbro has released a 12" Indy figure on the market before other "professional" figure brands... Let's don't comment which will be the champion no matter on likeness head sculpt as Harrison Ford or other mainly issues on the figure first, but Hasbro's be sured is the cheapest one on the market~

Here I would like to share my custom made Indy for your reference:

Let's see the "Before & After" images of my repaint work as usual first,
indybabp9.jpg

Since there a muscular body left after I modified my Medicom Superman, I decided to merge them up, try to give a new look of Indy.
bodydo5.jpg

But firstly, I need to unplug Indy head from his body and open wide of the hole for easier to joint with the Medicom body...
instructmd7.jpg

Please take a look of the new Indy:
jones07gl8.jpg

jones08ju3.jpg

jones09yt4.jpg

How do you feel?

Last edited:
Put on a leather jacket bought from a figure costume shop:
jones01yt5.jpg

jones02wl1.jpg

jones03hn0.jpg

jones04jh1.jpg

jones05ix1.jpg

jones06lk7.jpg

Let's see the G.I Joe body Indy before:
jones10zi4.jpg

Not too bad at all...

Enjoy~

Nice work Ultrajack :clap

Taking a very humble figure that has it's position on the bottom rung of the ladder in the Indy 12" market and turning it into this is amazing.
Certainly shows what a body swap and a top notch paintjob can to do a figure. :rock

Thanks for the Tutorial as well, helps others who have the same idea or become inspired by your work.

I think thats a remarkable improvement on the original myself. A great way to own an Indie figure without braking your wallet too! Love your paint job!

My only crit would be that maybe the clothes need more breaking down from the knees downwards, and that holster could do with being swapped for something else. It looks rather on the huge size there, unfortunately.

Great job. It's true that the outfit could be improved, but of course by the time you do that, the only thing left would be the head. This way it shows what you can do with a minimum of investment. I've considered repainting my "whipping Indy" but it's actually fairly good looking even straight from the box. If I didn't have the Sideshow version preordered I probably would do it.

That looks amazing! You turned a $20 figure into a $100 figure. He looks really good and to think hasbro has potential.:lol:D

It's true that the outfit could be improved, but of course by the time you do that, the only thing left would be the head.

Oh I just mean replace the holster only. The clothes are great, they could just do with dirtying up more. Dirt, scuff marks on the boots and edges of the trousers etc.

I'm certainly thinking of getting this and having a go too, now that how I've seen it can turn out. *g*

Can't believe the improvment in the sculpt. It will look great with therelic gear.

You did an outstanding job Ultrajack! I didn't want to pick up the whipping Indy, but this looks so good I now want to pick one up! :D

I really like your natural skin tones. How do you acheive that slight sheen on the skin? Paint his hands / forearms and he will be complete.

WOW! That looks beautiful!
I picked this figure to be my first painting project and I've been hoping that someone who can really paint would attack it.
I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

That simply ROCKS the sculpt looks fantastic once painted, thanks for the how to part. I'm going to have to get myself one of them figures for sure.

Ron

Last edited:
Excellent work man! You really made that sculpt look good, best repaint I've seen so far. I think with some upgrades to the clothes (and painted hands/exposed limbs) you could have a really kickass custom on your hands :rock

Back