Toddie McF does Simpsons?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Playmates did such a good job with this line I can't imagine why Fox would go with someone else so soon. And McFarlane? So now we'll get Marge in a bustier with vampire fangs, Homer with steroid muscles and Big-boot Bart? Hopefully they'll do something exciting, but it's hard to imagine.

Figures.com article

I doubt Playmates' WoS will ever be equaled but, the approach McFarlane is taking sounds intriguing.

If his sculptors can capture the manic energy of the character animation and present the figures in highly-detailed environments recreating fan-favorite moments from the show, this could be a winning formula. What is often considered a deficit in McFarlane's figures —*limited articulation in favor of intricately detailed sculpts —*is an asset in this case.

Hamilton has taken a similar diorama-like approach with their "Couch Gag," "Family Vacation," and "Just Another Day In Springfield" figurines. It will be interesting to see McFarlane's spin.

I would have never believed it to be true. I don't think the Simpsons line belongs in Toddy's hands. Wasn't the closest thing to a cartoon McF has done was the Shrek figures? I think they turned out all right but they had quite a lot more detail than the Simpsons. Also the line went to another company soon after for Shrek 2, because they didn't sell very well.
I'm guessing the'll be 6" scale which I don't think the Playmates line was. So there will be no continuity in scale with WoS. And the market has been over saturated in Simpsons product since the mid 80's.
This is ether a brilliant move on McF's part or a really stupid one. :bonk

Also why is this in Off Topic? it seams to be TV related.

I still can't help but pictures next year when we have Simpsons Alterego Line 27 Evil Homer, Evil Homer Varient, Marge as Dorothy in Bondage... oh wait I chnage my mind continue please :bow

:rollin

I like the way the two Beatles releases turned out.

Like Hamilton's Simpsons figurines, I expect the detail will go into the settings that showcase the characters. I think McFarlane will want to distinguish this line as his own so I don't believe continuity with WoS is an issue.

Who knows? Fall's a long time away. Time will tell.

Over-saturated marketplace? More like a smorgasbord of delights if you're a fan! :)

I'm a fan. Hell, I use to wear a lot of those Simpsons T-shirts back when I was around 7 or 8. Just that I've seen more than enough merchandise from the line.
I had forgot about the two Beatles lines, And I think they did all right. The WoS is very highly regarded by the fans. I think they would love to see the line continue more then they would like to see it go to Todd's company. I'm just wondering if there will be enough Simpsons toy fans for the new line to survive.
I must admit that I'm curious to see what they will look like.

I think Playmates stopped doing WOS not because Fox changed their minds, but because Playmates couldn't get as much money out of it as they had at first.

I'm hoping that McF does something completely different with it, and it sounds like these dioramas may be just that. But I've boxes of undisplayed Simpsons right now - I'm not that anxious to start filling up more boxes.

Re: Another New License

And Tim Burton's the Corpse Bride, and Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Can anything stop this Idiot from taking all the good licenses?
:(

Gotta give the devil his due —*the man is on a roll!

I like the WoS Figures, and i hpe these are ad good too, i would buy some if they ever came to Aus.

Back