• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom Boromir Cloaks!!! First 5 people only!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Faramir

Super Freak
Reaction score
This was also posted in the LOTR section, but this is more official I guess. There is no way I'm gonna afford the Hobbits unless I do something fast, and this is a brilliant idea thanks to my fellow freaks. I'm going to get the materials and whip up some of my Boromir cloaks and put them up for sale. If you want one, here are the conditions:

1) Good ol' Josh, the mighty Dark Artist, says the customizing way is payment upfront, so that's the way I'll do it. I'll ask 50 bucks each; I figured the Aragorn shirts cost about that so I'll go the same. Total cost for me will be a bit more, but hey, it's for my fellow freaks--I don't mind. :eek:

2) These things take time, so I'll try to have them done before the end of June. That will give me time to get the fabric and sew them all, since it is by hand.

3) I can only make a few at a time, so the first 5 (five!) people to PM me with payment will get them first. After that I will make a waiting list that I'll post here.

4) If you're outside the US, I may ask a couple extra bucks just for shipping. I'm poor after all.

This is possibly the only way I'll get enough money for the Hobbits in the next few days, so I really hope people will bite. The list starts NOW! The first 5 win!

064.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

073.jpg

Last edited:
More info on the cloaks: they're done in a velvet fabric to replicate the fur used at that scale. The outside is a dark maroon, while the inside is black, just like in the film. There is indeed a hood, and the length is at perfect scale. It will seem bulky at first, but it's supposed to be. I won't weather them since I'm not good at that, but velvet soaks well and you can adjust it as you please. They really are beautiful. I hope some people really do show interest so that this LOTR fan can get the Hobbits! If anybody has been waiting for them it's me!

I don't collect 1/6 myself but just wanted to say good luck with your sales Cap'n.
Boromir looks really good! Awesome job.

Shell
x :D

If I was a lotr collector I would get one too.
Hope you get the cash in time for your hobbits ! :rock
Good luck man , great to see ya sporting the sig dude !

the clasps i believe are from the coronation aragorn toy biz figure so if they aren't included i don't think they'll be too hard to find.

OK people, they're pretty much gone--congrats and thank you to those that got one, and bless you for helping me get my Hobbits! I'll make these as fast as possible, so expect them to start shipping out by the end of June as planned. Thanks!

Cap

I hope you offer these again when I have money, Cap. I'd love to add your work to my collection. Excellent stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back