Sideshow, where's my 1:1 Crystal Skull?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
You have the INDY license. Sure, it may not cover all (or any) 1:1 prop replicas, but the other guys are clearly not up to the task. Hell, they can't even get the whip right!

One big point in Sideshow's favor? The Crystal Skulls (and full skeletons) used in the movie were designed and made by Stan Winston Studios. Bam! Hard part already done. Now go get with LFL, Stan & Co and make me a sexy Reticulan football with evil eye sockets!

That would be badass. And do the Grail, Idol and Sankara stones while you are at it. :rock

Even though I have some very good fan-made versions of those and more, I'd definitely be willing to buy licensed versions if done properly.

I don't think anyone can do a screen-accurate Crystal Skull without the help of SWS, though. That's why Sideshow is the perfect candidate. Maybe since they don't technically have the replica license they could do a 1:1 bust?? That might be hella-fragile, though.

I'd guessing that Noble Collection has effectively cockblocked this....

I'd guessing that Noble Collection has effectively cockblocked this....

If so, screw them... because they won't make an accurate anything much less something this complicated.

Again, they screwed up the whip and couldn't even do the Thuggee Sword exactly right. If they're our only hope for licensed 1:1 Indy stuff then I'll happily stick with my fan-made and self made stuff.

There are grumblings of a 1:1 Crystal Skull made of clear resin over on the RPF. That's probably where I'll go if the finished product looks good.

There are grumblings of a 1:1 Crystal Skull made of clear resin over on the RPF. That's probably where I'll go if the finished product looks good.

Yeah, I saw the mentioning of it. Keeping my eye on that as well... hoping it pans out (BTW, I'm "JediCarl" on there... been a member for years. There's actually another "IrishJedi" who was on the RPF before me. :google)

Ah JediCarl.....then you know about all the cool Indy stuff going on right now over there. As well as a cool shirt. :D

Ah JediCarl.....then you know about all the cool Indy stuff going on right now over there. As well as a cool shirt. :D

You mean the Marshall College one you and ssdesigner are cooking up? Yeah, I'm already down for 2 of those. :rock (You should make some Barnett ones as well :lecture)

We've got two other Indy ideas cooking but don't want to overflood the JY with them. SS and I have a lot of different designs that are sitting on the sidelines right now waiting to be Interest Listed. I think we are close to finalizing about 14 or 15 other designs from various films and shows. Keep your eye out....:cool:

I've only seen the movie once, so maybe I'm imagining things - but the skull seemed to have a brain inside and some veiny type purple lights throughout. If they do one like that I'll have to get it.

Yep, you're correct Dave. There is indeed a darker (amber colored) "brain-like" thing inside the skull.

I agree that Not all of NC's stuff is nice, but you can't really fault them for the whip....a real acurate one would cost $800+!

I don't see how they won't make the Skull. I just think that it will not be to scale. I can see them making it a tad bit smaller.

There is such possibilities there....
They could make the:
Idol
Grail
Grail Shield
Grail Tablet
Cross of Coranado
Sankara Stones
Various Maps
His pistols
Headpiece to the Staff of RA
Scaled down Ark
(Full scale ARK....OK, so I live in la-la land, I alowed.)
Voodoo doll of Indy
Hell, I would even buy a chilled monkey brains set!
:gun

Here it is. In Legos.

IMG_0484.jpg

Back