Buffy Palz review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

I thought I'd post this here since there are so many Buffy fans. I've got these little buggers and they are fun. I even accidentally bought 2 sets forgetting I'd ordered it the first time.

Go see Michael's review -

mwctoys.com/

I knew they would grow on you, Dave!

A very well-though and executed line of figures. Really looking forward to the rest of the releases, especially the Monster Packs!

:frank

Since I don't care much for Buffy I won't get any of these except for the Master. I'm planning on getting all of the X-Files Palz though.

Re: Kendra's Next!

I like the Palz, but every time I see a new one my first thought is "damn, I wish Sideshow would do that character!"

Feel the same way about Kendra - she'd make a great SS figure.

I love this line —*they really nailed nailed Kendra in both likenesses, too —*but i agree, Dave, I want these figures from Sideshow, too.

Just read that AFX will be sponsoring and exclusive PALz set from "Halloween."

Action-Figure.com has the details.

I've been debating for a long time exactly how to go about with the PALz. Well, this thread finally made it click!

They are pretty cool, but I'm not the hugest fan of block figures. I also don't really feel the need to be a semi-completist in another Buffy line in addition to Sideshow's. I just don't think it would be worth it for me, personally, to have e.g. a realistic The Master (which I would greatly prefer) as well as a block one. Or Sideshow's Spike and the PALz one.

Anyway, what I've decided to do is to simply buy the characters that are the least likely to be made in 12". Darla, Kendra, Joyce, Snyder, etc.

The only spanner in the works is that I'd very much like to get The Judge figure and Buffy figure from series two. But I really don't want series two as a whole. Hmm...

lol... I'm getting addicted before I even start. I just saw the Halloween box set... very cool.

I wouldn't normally hesitate buying them, but the problem is I'm trying to save up for a new computer at the moment. So I have to budget a bit more carefully.

Decisions, decisions... :lol

edit:
ok, I think I know how I'm going to go about this line... for the most part, anyway. :lol

Now, Willow, Xander, Giles, etc. in the first series don't interest me too much. The reason being that they don't offer much (for me) over Sideshow's figures. Aside from being blocks instead of 'realistic', that is. But figures such as those in the Halloween set do offer something. The offer some different, interesting, outfits that we'll probably never see at another scale. And obviously figures such as those of Kendra and Calender do offer something... they offer the chance to own figures of characters that probably aren't likely in other scales.

So, what I think I'll do is collect the 'unlikely in other scale' characters, as well as the 'interesting and unlikely in other scale' outfits.

I just don't feel the need to own lots of 'regular' Spikes and Buffys in the PALz format, so I'll pass on them at least initially. Sure, the PALz aren't that expensive but there's no sense in spending money on figures I'm not totally interested in especially when I'm saving for other things I really want.

Sounds like a plan, Goo.

I will add however, in the case of the block and mini figures, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The more you have, the better they look!

I have now jumped on this band wagon too. I saw these in person at Suncoast, now I gotta get em all!

So can anyone give me a list of all the figures out so far, including variants, exclusives, etc? Thanks in advance.

series 1:
giles
xander
buffy
willow
the master
darla
darla paint variant

series 1 exclusives:
shirtless angel (previews)
vampire buffy (toy fare)
pre-pro buffy (wizard convention)
suncoast buffy, xander, willow pack (no accessories?)

series 2:
(the judge)
buffy
cordelia
spike
drusilla
ms. calendar
oz
oz paint variant?

series 2 exclusives:
kendra (palisades direct)
shirtless spike (inkworks)

halloween pack:
buffy
xander
willow
cordelia

monster pack:
der kinderstod
anointed one
marcie ross

Thanks Goo!

I have series one bought. Actually came with a free vamp buffy which was cool. I also pre ordered Angel from Amazon.com. So I'm well on my way.

One more to add to Gooball's list:

Nightmare's Xander Palisades Collectors Club Tin. You'll need to pony up $49.95 to join the club to get the tin. Should be available in a few months.

Here's the link to the club page but, DON'T sign up until the tin is announced!

The Halloween collection looks awesome! I just watched that episode again the other day. They did a great job capturing the costumes everyone wore. Its amazing that they do such a great job on these, being that they are so small.

I actually enjoy buying the Sideshow figures - we get one at a time and it's kind of a big deal. They're in my favorite format and look just like the characters.

But now that I've started collecting these Palz I get frustrated because they have so many characters in great costumes. But they're so unfulfilling for me because of the block style.

Kind of like being addicted to heroin but only getting methadone. :skull

Back