sideshow jabba and throne environment question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fives

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
lately ive been tempted to buy the whole jabba/throne set. i have been collecting ss star wars and medicom for sometime now and this is probably the only thing that im missing. i just need some of you guys opinions before i decide. is the whole set really worth it????

It really depends on your motivation to get it. If it's more a completist type mindset, then I'd say pass, it's a lot of money and takes up a lot of space. If you really liked the Jabba's Palace sequence in Jedi and love the character, it is worth every penny and a beautiful piece to have on display.

It's a fantastic piece. You just need to have a good place to put it. I think a lot of the people who ended up selling theirs did so because it took up too much room.

He's still the centerpiece of my large Star Wars collection, and it will be very difficult for SSC to top him. Most rewarding SW collectible ever, IMO.

He's still the centerpiece of my large Star Wars collection, and it will be very difficult for SSC to top him. Most rewarding SW collectible ever, IMO.

I have to agree... he is still by far the best they have done. Its even better now that you can find Jabba for a lot less (although I don't know if the throne has gone down or not.)

I haven't really been paying attention, but my impression is that the throne, being a more limited piece, has more or less maintained its value, while Jabba himself has gone down a fair amount.

I third this opinion. The whole setup cost more than I've ever paid for a collectible (if you consider it "one" collectible.) But its been the most rewarding piece I've ever gotten. If you've got the space get it.

I agree with everyone else here. Get the measurements and make sure you have the room.

If you have the room, get him. If you think you might have the room, don't get him.

thank you all for the feedback, i'll seriously consider this and let you all know if i got it.......or not.

It was my centerpiece too for about 8 months then Christmas came and I had to set up the Christ Child and the rest of Bethlehem in Jabba's favorite lounging space.

When the Slave Leia figure comes out watch this diorama shoot up in price. Its an absolute must if you love ROTJ. This piece will always remain in my collection it is just too cool if you ever owned the old kenner playset and always wanted something more, well here it is.

When the Slave Leia figure comes out watch this diorama shoot up in price. Its an absolute must if you love ROTJ. This piece will always remain in my collection it is just too cool if you ever owned the old kenner playset and always wanted something more, well here it is.

I think it is awesome. It makes a GREAT base display for medicom Boba Fett, Leia Boushh, Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb, Buboicullar, Jedi Luke, and even Bespin Han Solo can be displyed with it, though he needs to be dirtied up some.

My waitlist for the throne is about to turn.. keep or let go?

I have Jabba and the ex. Bib, the critters, the basics... but I'll have to think about it. I'm about to move, so it won't get a lot of attention for a while. There are so many things vying to be 'the centerpiece' these days.

I'll add, I like the throne's quality more than Jabba himself.. tough, huh?

Last edited:
Get it! Even though it's large and you may not have the room for it, it's one of those pieces that will always stand out. The size, the coolness factor, everything about it. Chances are we won't see anything else like it and if Sideshow adds more characters to the scene (especially Slave Leia) you won't regret it.

I'll take any excuse to show off my display again....

jabba1.jpg

Back