Anyone going to SDCC ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigdaddyrob

Anyone going to the San Deigo Comic Con, or Wizard World LA ???

re

if you lend me the boat i may sail over Rob,
Not much happens on these shores, apart from Collectormania, may go there i think, but its nowhere near as good as The event s yous guys have in the US!
:p

ps, Rob,Check the thread about hte stormtrooper, my e mails arent coming through, info on the link,

Re: re

Big Al,Memorabilia at the NEC in Birminghams worth a look as well.Sideshow had a dedicated stand at Novembers show.

I know what you mean though,i d love to attend the SDCC myself,meet and hang with a few of the good folks on here.

Yep, got my hotel for SDCC yesterday when they started selling. Saw many spots sell out as I was deciding which hotel hole to pour my money into.

Wow Dave, already??? That's nuts!

Big Daddy, I'm sure we'll be going to San Diego again.

Looking forward to it Dave! I'm still embarrassed about the Dick's Last Resort fiasco. 8o

SDCC is always fun!

And Hey, Andy - Dick's really wasn't a big deal - sorry if the blood draining from my face and the stunned expression scared you. :drool

Oh it wasn't me personally Goo... Some of the folks got a little....'rowdy'. :doh

Nope, Andy was a perfect gentleman, and helped out tremendously, as did Sideshow Bob and our own Fireside Collectibles Bob.

Hopefully we can do it again (albeit a bit differently) this year. :ar

Yeah, perhaps at a more "low key" establishment this time. :) Perhaps we'll avoid any more food fights and random blood-curdling screams (what the hell was that about?).

Well the napkin fight thing is part of the charm of Dick's - the screaming... not so much.

I read that many of the hotels close to the Con are already sold out :( I'm debating about going to my first SDCC this year, but now I don't know which hotel to stay at? Any suggestions? Do you have to book through the SDCC site?

OK great now I have you all lined up, thats right show of hands...:poke
:poke Yeah You like that! :poke

:poke Vengance is MINE, VIVA LA STICK OF DEATH!!!!

:poke

:dunno

OK I'm sad I wanna go :poke

The Marriot right next to the convention center is SWANK! Super cool hotel, although I'd imagine it's one of the ones already sold out and is probably pricey anyway. But, if you can manage finding a room there, you'll probably rub shoulders with a few celebs that are in town for the convention. Folks I ran into in the lobby included Hayden Christiansen and Don Henley. :rock

Eh.. Hotels selling out allready?.. Hrmmnn.. Better look into this.. Dave how much was your room?..

I will be at SDCC 05 :) I can't wait to meet many of you and many of the SSW people as well :D :banana

My aunt reserved our hotel back in early december. Now we just have to get plane tickets :)

Our room is at the Manchester Grand Hyatt

If you reserve through the SDCC site you get a discount. I'm at the Omni - $190/night for a single. Last year I was at the Radisson, which is the last stop on the shuttle, but was cheaper. The bus ride's not fun though. That's why I'm paying the extra this year to stay in walking distance.

Parking was no fun either.. it was a nightmare..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back