Cotswold's Elite Brigade - Italian Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creecher

Such is Life - Ned Kelly
Reaction score
Had a box load of stuff come in from Cotswold today. The latest Did Samurai Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the Ignite Black Ninja and Ronin Swordsman, Peril Unlimited's Betty Zombie and an Elite Brigade Italian Knight. Most of these items have been presented and discussed elsewhere, so I thought I'd focus todays post on Cotswold's own brand, the Elite Brigade.

After hearing about the Ignite ninja's I had a look around and, after one link died on me, found Cotswold, through Evilface's recommendation. Searching through their site, I happened upon the Italian Knight, which was listed as a special at half price. Not much info on the site, but sometimes you gotta say why not. As these were Cotswolds own brand, I was interested in finding out more about their chain mail. You may notice in the picture how out of scale it is. Unfortunately it cannot be purchased separately. It is made in India and specifically fitted to each body. The scale is something Cotswold is trying to address with the Indian manufacturers, but they aren't having much success just yet.

24evmzp.jpg

I always wanted a fully armoured Knight, so this was my best chance yet. I luckily managed to purchase the last one they had, under their specials listing. The body they use has a soft plastic head. Not much chop, but at least the helmut covers it. Not like the bendy hands, which are exposed, and look like bendy hands, pretty crappy. The body itself I have no idea about. The armour is strapped and wired to the body. Too much bother to take apart at this stage, and may never have it's body swapped out. It has a surprising amount of articulation under all that metal, but how useful it is, under all that weight, is another matter.

5f2k5y.jpg
ops5kl.jpg

What I can tell is, the body is wearing a black body suit. Over that, he is wearing a chain mail one piece vest and skirt, and over that his armour. The armour is well fashioned, and pieces are either strapped together with leather or rivetted. I counted 32 individual pieces that make up the armour. There is a swivelled hooking mechanism on his chest plate, which I have no idea what it's for, other than possibly to raise him onto his mount. I fully expect screamingmetal to make a post and explain. You will notice the oversize shoulder guard, for added protection when joisting. His sword is a simplistic design, and the scabbard is copper. He has some simple leather slip on footwear, which the chain mail is threaded onto. This has to be the heaviest figure I own. Heavier than the DiD samurai's. At least he comes with a Y type stand, as his knees were beginning to buckle as I was taking the photo's. I got mine for half price at $75.

sfikx1.jpg

I found Cotswold to be an excellent company to do business. I had a few hiccups and questions, that were patiently and effectively handled. They will certainly hear from me again, and thanks for the tip Evilface.

Cotswold. https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_home.asp

There is a swivelled hooking mechanism on his chest plate, which I have no idea what it's for, other than possibly to raise him onto his mount. I fully expect screamingmetal to make a post and explain.

:lol Well I didn't know what it was off the top of my head but I looked it up and it's called a Lance Rest, it supported the lance's weight and prevented it from being jammed into the armpit on impact (That's Jousting armor you have there).
Congrats on the purchase, that's an amazing price at $75.
I always wanted a Medieval full plate armor knight and have given Cotswold some consideration. But I never saw one that I was looking for. I also didn't like the chain mail. I hope they do get the scale size sorted out, they've posted previews of the stuff at One Sixth Warrior and it looked amazing. They also posted picks of a Sallet helm which is exactly the type of armor I've been dreaming of.
I always wondered if these looked better on improved bodies. If you ever do transfer it over to a new one, be sure to post pics!
Thanks for the review Creecher!

Nice photos Creecher,

Her are some of my Cotswold knights/armored Figures.

ODToys065.jpg

ODToys064.jpg

ODToys066.jpg

FYI the Cotswold body is a pretty close reproduction of vintage GI Joe. Decent articulation, but unattractive.

Neat figure. I agree their service is good, I only wish they were more competitive priced on their SSC and HT items.

The Cotswold armor is not meant to be removed from the figures IIRC.It can be done though it is just a big hassle from what I've read on other forums.

Bumping an old thread.

Does anyone where to get this old armour cotswold pieces besides ebay or elitebridage? They only have a few select armour figures in stock.

Bumping an old thread.

Does anyone where to get this old armour cotswold pieces besides ebay or elitebridage? They only have a few select armour figures in stock.

I've been looking on Ebay the last 2 years and found 2 recently-
Italian knight and English which are precious in my collection.

Ebay is the only place that I know of. I contacted Greg from Cotswold and he said Ebay was the best bet.

Good luck!!

I've been looking on Ebay the last 2 years and found 2 recently-
Italian knight and English which are precious in my collection.

Ebay is the only place that I know of. I contacted Greg from Cotswold and he said Ebay was the best bet.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info. Yeah... going old school recently. :slap

These armour figures are a bit clumsy but they are certainly a piece of art. Did you try transferring the armour to a different body? What bodies will work best to support these heavy armour?

I kept the old bodies for now and uses the Costwold stands that I have.It takes a lot time to undress these guys and put them back together.
I had a Cots Roman soldier that i did that with a Dragon body, it took some time but when I was finished he looked great. I used Dragons body with the rubber muscle arms.

Back