Poll: How Should Indy Continue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Should Indy Continue?

• New Indy movies with a new lead (a la "James Bond")

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New movies starring Mutt Williams

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • New Indy movies starring Harrison Ford

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • Books

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Comics

• Animated Series

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • New Live-Action Television Series (I assume this would not star Ford)

• "Indiana... Indiana... Let it go."

Votes: 32 33.7%

• Total voters

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
There are so many untold stories of adventures past, and I'm guessing Indy will have a few more post KOTCS adventures before he hangs up the hat for good. I assume some of these options will be forthcoming so the question is: what should be the new "flagship?"

While I have not seen KOTCS, I think this should be the last one especially if Lucas plans to write another sequel. I cannot stand Shia (the worst part of Transformers).

Enough is enough. They've already run the franchise into the ground.

I really liked the last movie, but I've never been one to feel like we need a whole bunch of movies. I'm content to let it stop now. Although if there are others I would prefer it to have Ford (i'm fine with Mutt as a sidekick, but not as ready for him to lead...yet). Oh since I love to read, I would love to see more Indy books (ideally good ones, I'm not so sure about the ones already out).

Ford easing into a senior (a la Connery from CRUSADE) role and Shia's character possibly taking the centre stage.

I think I'd be happy if they inserted Indiana Jones into a nursing home and had Bubba Ho Tep terrorizing the joint.

"Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Rusty Walker"

I would love to see a series of live-action prequels (either on TV, or theatrically) that would bridge the gap between YOUNG INDY and TOD, and introduce us to Abner and Marion, and the rivalry between Belloq and Indy.

Leave it be. Indy saved the world(again) and got the girl. nuff said.

Well, I'm going to say what's already been said (by myself and others) in the Macguffin thread... I would like to see him go after Excalibur :D
Mutt can be a sidekick, maybe a successor in training, I could live with that.

Keep it going with Ford in it till he no longer wants to do it and the movies are no longer interesting for everyone.

I'd say time to hang up the whip and hat... barring that a TLC hand-off would be acceptable, but I think the last movie did what it needed to do.

Quit while you are ahead, or at least not universally panned.

If they want to do another, I think it would be OK to have Mutt as a possible replacement for Indy, but not without strong representation of Indy by Harrison Ford. I would not want something just with Mutt, Indiana Jones is about Indiana Jones, it doesn't get passed on like that. But I'm not apposed to some kind of thing like The Last Crusade with both of them.

Really, I'm interested in some of the other stories, we know that there's a lot of other stuff that happened in between the movies and we really only get the beginning or the end of a section in the movies so I'd like to see those other parts.

As a swordsman maybe Mutt could instigate the search for Excalibur.

I do think Excalibur is a great idea, although without Indy, forget about it. I think Excalibur is iconic enough a McGuffin to make a good story. I mean there are only so many legendary McGuffins they can do, and they have already done "the Grail" of them.

I would of course prefer another movie or two with Harrison (and I think that's a possibility, if a small one). But I also believe Shia can actually carry one of these movies as well. The more I watch KOTCS the more I'm actually pulling for him to put that hat on at the end.

Back