John Howe to be at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
According to the new SDCC Magazine. It doesn't say if its a panel or his own booth.

woohoo.gif

Yeah, that made me quite excited to read he would be there but I wish it was a bit more specific on what he would be doing.

And Alan Lee!!! Involved with "The Hobbit" that is. We'll find out what Howe will be doing at Comic-con when the schedule is released (sooooooooooo, a week before SDCC).

I'm excited as well. I love the thought of going back to Middle Earth.

Its going to be great and I think Guillermo will be great too the only thing is the talking animals such as the eagles, trolls and smaug. I mean I could see the movie being done without the animals having voices but maybe its just because we are all used too seeing the trolls, eagles, fell beast etc in LOTR not talking but if it can be done convincingly I will have no complaints

Well, stay as true as possible with movie/fans. There will be changes of course that they will have to make but I trust them based on how LOTR came out. I just hope we Tolkien fans can be more understanding than what SW fans and some Indy fans have been with the wait.

Yea amongst all this I really wish that Tolkien could see how his books became huge movies and the question that we can never get an answer for is would Tolkien like the LOTR films????

I think he would like some of it but hate other parts. Then again he could be totally like Chris and appear to hate it all.

Possible and like I said based on how it appears Chris reacts to the whole thing I would guess you're correct. You are right though we'll never quite know.

If he has a panel, I'm SOOO there. Mebbe del Toro will be there as well and he and Howe can do a joint "Hobbit" thingee. *hoping really hard* *runs to see what Howe-stuff is portable to take to SDCC for autos*

Back