Best/Worst Indy scenes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Entropy

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you think is the best and worst scene from each Indy film?

Raiders: BEST - So tough...all are great! face melting... Marion in the bar... Well of Souls... awesome truck chase :rock? I'd have to pick the opening sequence snatching the idol. WORST - maybe the Nazis searching the ship for Indy?

TOD: BEST - Indy trapped in the room with the ceiling lowering. WORST - Kate Capshaw riding the elephant.

TLC: BEST - The Cross of Coronado sequence or the tank fight. WORST - the three trials of the grail.

KotCS: BEST - motorcycle chase. WORST - everything else... j/k. The Tarzan monkey attack.

Best from Raiders: The opening scene with the Idol.. CLASSIC
Worst: hard to find anything, but maybe the whole "riding the U-Boat" bit

Best from Temple: The spike room... SECOND favorite Indy scene of all time.
Worst: the "Raft" escape

Crusade Best: The Tank chase
Worst: Everything in Venice... got really boring in those bits for me.

Skull Best: The Snake rope or tomb hopping in Peru.
Worst: those freakin monkeys.

Raiders best: The entire Temple sequence
Raiders worst: Dead monkey. Poor, evil monkey

Temple Best: Indy and Short Round cheating at cards
Temple worst: The life raft

Crusade Best: the coversation on the zepelin
Crusade worst: The fight on the good ship Coronado

Skull best: the warehouse chase
Skull worst: the aliens recombining

raiders best : idol scene , classic for me / guy spins sword , indy shoots him ! :lol
raiders worst : switching the barrels up and letting her die only to have her come back , it was a great scene but the first time I watched I was heartbroken !!.

temple best : Definitely the heart ripping scene.
temple worst : I didn't like the food part , made me feel sick and still does :lol

crusade best : the ending , loved how indy had to cross the invisible/hidden bridge and how he had to rush to save his father. Great stuff.
crusade worst : all of the begging scenes , he was in his normal clothes to long ! :lol

skull best : I absolutely loved the ants scene !! my fave by far in this movie !! :rock
skull worst : swinging through the trees , I know its a movie but come on !! :lol

Best scene in the whole Indiana Jones Franchise........
Big guy with big sword comes for Indy, Indy shoots him game over big guy :lol

Best scene in the whole Indiana Jones Franchise........
Big guy with big sword comes for Indy, Indy shoots him game over big guy :lol

I suppose the "brought a sword to a gunfight" line in CS is a reference to that classic scene.

I'll only do KOTCS since it's fresh in my mind.

Best: Motorcycle chase

Worst: Indy's ride in the refrigerator

I will only do CS but my favorite:Warehouse area 51 scene. I know it was not to spectacular but I saw Indy and some cool effects we did not see 20 years ago.

Worst: Prarie dogs:banghead

i would have to say, best scene was the ending credits. worst scene was from start credits to the end of the movie. absolutely RUINED the franchise with this LARGE piece of crap. i'm thinking of canceling all my indy stuff on order because of this film. :duh

i would have to say, best scene was the ending credits. worst scene was from start credits to the end of the movie. absolutely RUINED the franchise with this LARGE piece of crap. i'm thinking of canceling all my indy stuff on order because of this film. :duh

That's pretty lame bro. I hated Batman and Robin, but that didn't ruin my love of Batman. And THAT movie truly deserved such hate.

I understand if you don't like it, but just omit it from the existing... already great.. trilogy and move the ^^^^^* on. :lol

It's easy.

That's pretty lame bro. I hated Batman and Robin, but that didn't ruin my love of Batman. And THAT movie truly deserved such hate.

I understand if you don't like it, but just omit it from the existing... already great.. trilogy and move the ^^^^^* on. :lol

It's easy.

sorry, didn't know that my personal opinion would get this type of reaction. i guess i'll just say my high hopes for this being the greatest indy fell shorter than a fridge in a nuclear blast. :rolleyes:

Please do cancel them. Thanks for sharing. Give Dr. Phil a call.:rolleyes:

An interesting thread... Had to think about it-- And many didn't follow the rules giving multiple answers--that's cheating folks. Shame on you.:D

RAIDERS
(BEST)- The opening action with the Fertility Idol. (although I could easily post almost any part of this film).
(WORST)- ... I'll say riding the submarine-- although I love the reaction from the crew on the ship when they see Indy climb on board the top.

DOOM
(BEST)- Indy and Mola Ram on the bridge-- very tempted to say the opening sequence as well though as I love the subtle nod to Connery's Bond with the white tux(Spielberg's dream of directing one of those movie to fruition--kind of).
(WORST)- Pretty much most of Kate's part--- I'll say her interaction with the elephant... The fall from the plane is a close second.

CRUSADE
(BEST)- One name Connery. Anything and everything he does in this movie-- at the castle-- escape-- conversation in the zeppelin--- the umbrella--etc. (That's not cheating is it?):cool:
(WORST)- The Venice scene (boat chase) always seemed out of place-- but maybe that's just because Indy wasn't wearing his hat.:D

KINGDOM
(BEST)- I really liked Indy refusing the snake. "Call it a rope."
(WORST)- Mutt's monkeying around... and a really close second is the annoying repetition of Mac's "Jonesy" and Indy's "Ox"...

sorry, didn't know that my personal opinion would get this type of reaction. i guess i'll just say my high hopes for this being the greatest indy fell shorter than a fridge in a nuclear blast. :rolleyes:

It wasn't your opinion that got the reaction... just the way it was presented. And I was getting more than annoyed at how this thread was "evolving". It started out as Best/Worst scene in each film and ended up being just another thread where people could ^^^^^ about KOTCS.

And I am getting just a bit tired of hearing that seeing this movie has somehow "tainted" the other three and destroyed the legacy. That is retarded and just as over the top as any of the scenes that bothered people so much in this movie.

It wasn't your opinion that got the reaction... just the way it was presented. And I was getting more than annoyed at how this thread was "evolving". It started out as Best/Worst scene in each film and ended up being just another thread where people could ^^^^^ about KOTCS.

And I am getting just a bit tired of hearing that seeing this movie has somehow "tainted" the other three and destroyed the legacy. That is retarded and just as over the top as any of the scenes that bothered people so much in this movie.

basically i'll tell you what has been told to me when i tried to 'control' the posters and the content in a thread i started. it's not 'your' thread and not 'your' board. once the thread has started (unless a fs or wtb thread in commerce) people can post their remarks as they see fit, as long as the posts aren't abusive. even if the thread 'evolves' to something else. my advice is to learn to live with it. new to the internet, are you? :monkey2 :lol

btw, the new indy sucks people, don't waste your money like i did.

Crystal Skull rocked, dude. Maybe you weren't such an Indy fan after all?

Raiders Best- CONVOY TRUCK! The all-time greatest scene in action movie history!
Raiders Worst - Really nothing, but even as a kid I was kind of bored with the build-up to the face-melting scene on the island.

Temple Best - The bridge. 'Nuff said.
Temple Worst - Eating retarded s$%^ at he palace.

Crusade Best - the slugfest on the tank, and the entire buildup to it
Crusade Worst - The sewers in Venice

Crystal Skull Best - Slugging out in the Ants (classic Indy)
Crystal Skull Worst - The alien skeletons melding into one

Raiders best: Entire opening sequence
Raiders worst: Marion/Beloq drinking in the tent

Temple Best: Indy and Short Round cheating at cards tied with Bridge Sequence
Temple worst: Dinner Sequence in palace

Crusade Best: Going through all the traps getting the grail (though I have SEVERAL from this movie.)
Crusade worst: Blond chick talking about how Indy and Jones Sr are so a like. I actually like Indy during that the chick just annoys me.

Skull best: the warehouse chase but like LC lots of scenes I really like
Skull worst: Monkey crap

basically i'll tell you what has been told to me when i tried to 'control' the posters and the content in a thread i started. it's not 'your' thread and not 'your' board. once the thread has started (unless a fs or wtb thread in commerce) people can post their remarks as they see fit, as long as the posts aren't abusive. even if the thread 'evolves' to something else. my advice is to learn to live with it. new to the internet, are you? :monkey2 :lol

btw, the new indy sucks people, don't waste your money like i did.

You sir, merit the finger.

FordFinger.jpg

I think that everyhting in the rest of the Indiana Jonesx movies is trying to recapture the magic of the opening scene in raiders, but nothing else comes close. That is my favorite sceme in cinema history.

Truly magnificent.

Last Crusade has scenes like the librarian looking at his stamp like it is responsible for the sound of the floor being smashed open by a blunt object in the next room.

The airplane pilot flying directly into a mountain, crashing into a tunnel, and staring wide eyed at Indy as he passes him halfway through.

Indy and Henry tied to their chairs turning their heads back and forth like Laurel and Hardy yelling "Dad! What? Dad! What? Dad! What?"

The "Tanks"/"You're Welcome!" exchange.

Indy pretending to be Scottish guy interested in tapestries.

Hitler signing the diary.

Marcus Brody being turned into a complete buffoon and pure comic relief.

"Don't go between them!"/"Go between them, are you crazy?"

"No ticket" being spoken in English to a zeppelin full of Germans.

--In general, lots of cheesy fun over believability--but still a well loved film.

RAIDERS: BEST The beginning of course. The boulder scene, the darts, 'throw me the idol'... love it!
WORST Erm... er... Sallah singing at the boat. Welsh accent and all :D

TOD: BEST Mine cart scene. High octane, frenetic fun!
WORST Kiddies running and cheering out of the temple like idiots. Yeah, yeahm you're free. Get over it...

CRUSADE: BEST Ford/Connery. Classic screen chemistry, pure bliss.
WORST Venice scenes. Little boring.

CRYSTAL SKULL: BEST Seriously hard to pick one here. Not being a smart arse, I really enjoyed it. Perhaps too fresh in the mind to pick a best, but loved the ants/fight.
WORST Wedding scene. Not needed IMO and felt a little tacked on, though Indy taking back his hat was SWEET!

Back