Indy IV POSITIVE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoshopmagician

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright, honestly, I'm really tired of hearing all the negative stuff people are saying about KOTKS.

This is a thread for those of you who enjoyed the movie for what it was and actually appreciate Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford bringing the series back on screen after years of countless waiting. So let's hear who actually appreciated the movie!

I LOVED it! I thought it was great and actually enjoyed it for what it's worth. So let's hear some positive stuff! No negativity in here!

I loved it too...I don't care if people say it's unrealistic...

It's a movie, it doesn't have to be realistic...

Unlike Star Wars...which is real...:monkey3

It was pure fun for me...PURE FUN...

LOVED IT!!!

Ok now that the dust has settled and I am calm I shall now write in fairness what I did like.

-The snake part
-The wedding at the end (although seen that one coming)
-The arc appearance
-I actually thought the fight in the diner was funny
-The hat at the end when Indy takes it from Mutt
-Even thought it was in the trailer I loved the swing into the truck "Damn, I thought that was closer"
-I also liked the way they did the cameo for his father. -The library scene when the student asks him questions
-Also liked Indy's backstory (Him being in the military and winning many medals)
-I also liked it when he told Mutt he is going back to school. This after earlier telling to do whatever makes him happy.

Well there you have it. That is what I did like about the movie.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I actually liked this film and was very happy to have dragged my self out of the house at midnight to see it with a packed house.

The film was great fun, and I actually think this will go down as my second favorite Indy film, after Raiders...

So there you are, I loved it and will probably see it two or three more times in the theater.

:D

I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I actually liked this film and was very happy to have dragged my self out of the house at midnight to see it with a packed house.

The film was great fun, and I actually think this will go down as my second favorite Indy film, after Raiders...

So there you are, I loved it and will probably see it two or three more times in the theater.

:D

Awesome! I saw it a second time around and it was even better!!!

Thread rated! :rolleyes:

Aren't you awesome. :rolleyes:

This is the kind of nonsense why thread ranking is gay.
----------------------------------------------------------------
It was too late for me last night to get into my thoughts on this movie. I tried to go in with low expectations because I didn't want to be upset with it.

I don't get the hate with this movie. Is it the best of the series? No, its probably not but I need to see it again to really graps where I would ACTUALLY rank it. Overall, I had a pretty damn good time and I plan on seeing it again and buying the DVD. No, I'm not trying to feed the machine but simply rewatching/buying a film I had a damn good time at.

The first few mins took me a little getting into it but I've never been a HUGE fan of 50 era style movies. The whole drag racing sequence basically. Once Indy stepped on screen it started drawing me in and the fun started going on from there.

Loved the sequence in the warehouse and the homage to Raiders with the Ark. The action and Indy doing what he does to find this crate was cool. It was a lot like what happened in LC which was fine with me. Then you take him going through the bombing town that added something to the movie. What? For me it really put Indy in the decade and what was going on with just being out of WWII for just a few years really. The fridge sequence was alright maybe a little too out there for me and my sister but I just blew by it and kept having fun.

It kind of pissed me off with the whole Indy being accused of possibly being a communist. I seriously wanted to beat the flying muck out of those guys, and actually if any part really bugged me it was that whole he might be a communist thing.

I loved the homage to Jones Sr and Brody when Indy was at his desk. I found the line the other guy said to be very true because I've heard my own Dad say it. You get to the age where life stops giving you so much and taking some of what you love back. I loved that because I think you saw Indy realize that time is short and enjoy the ride/love those around ya.

Then you enter Shia LaBeouf who IMO did a super job in his role and I see where his character might have some potential. I wasn't the biggest fan of the greaser aspect but he did a great job of pulling it off. Then you toss in how he interacted with Ford during the whole thing, and showed moments where he was a little bit short round then goes and acts a little bit like Indy.

When they go looking for the skull that was pretty cool, but I like how it was actually about archeology. Indy doing what he does to find it and getting Mutt out of trouble. Just like Indy always has to do with whoever the sidekick is. The karate guys where maybe a touch strong but I take that as all part of the game like the guys from TOD. Then them finding the bodies and the skull was just freaking awesome. That reminded me of Indy and the Idol in Raiders for some reason. I think it might be the expression on his face.

Indy looking into the skull really helped bring it all together and it worked for me. Mac pulling that trick on Indy pissed me off but it was supposed to tick ya off IMO. Seeing Marion again was great! Though she didn't say a lot but it was nice seeing her back. Indy and the Snake that was freaking great! All I could think about was Raiders when he gets into the plane and freaks out. Mutt not knowing and using it was classic as well.

The battle sequence in the jungle was pretty freaking cool. I thought the pacing of it all was pretty well done and I had no issues with the CGI. The stuff with the Monkeys was nonsense and could have been left out as far as I'm concerned. I know my sister felt the same way about that too. The Ants though I thought was great! I've seen enough National Geographic and Discovery to know there are ants that do this type of stuff. So to me it was believable and fun/sick to watch it all go down. I also loved how the ants stayed away from whoever was holding the Skull. I could also have lived without the multiple nut shots to Mutt. 1-2 ok but after that it was like we get the point.

Once they got into the temple it was again like Raiders for me. Waiting to see exactly how things where gonna pan out for Indy. I loved seeing all the aliens and the look was pretty sweet so it worked for me. Spalko's death was fine with me too. Why? It was a lot like Donovan's death in LC. She did not choose wisely and for that choice paid the ultimate price.

The wedding was nice and I'm glad to see Indy now moving into that phase and am curious to see where this takes him.

Overall, I am sad that some aren't enjoying this movie because I think you're missing a good one. Its no worse than TOD for me or thats where I'm leaning right now. The pacing and the way the all acted off each other was fine. So I got not complaints there. Sure, there where a few moments where I was like ok as I said and a few small others but it didn't kill the movie for me. This was INDY and I can't wait for Indy 5.

I've heard a lot of hate over the goundhogs and I don't really get it. I loved the groundhog hole getting run over by the car...it immeadiately puts you where/when the film is, not just telling you by a date/place stamp (which they did too) but also showing you. Classic Spielberg there.

I liked the motorcycle chase and Indy climbing through the car, the scene with Indy looking at pictures of Marcus and dad...

the rest... :rolleyes:

Just wanted to finally chime in - I liked it - but its not my favorite Indy film. Seeing it again tomorrow, can't wait! :)

I swear when I first read this thread I read it as ... Indy HIV POSITIVE Thread :lol

Josh, I'm totally behind everything you wrote.

You took the trouble and explained it all bit by bit, and it turns out we see eye to eye for once!

:google

Of course some bits are silly, but then, bits will always be silly in an Indy movie. There's silliness galore in all of them. And I'm so glad that at least some of us old fans can still love that silliness, and not impose our own grown-up embittered selves upon it. (Hey, I'm as embittered as the next guy. *chews own pinkie* See? Bitter. And this one was so sweet when I was two.)

Also, I now feel pretty smug about that Lucas quote I've had in my S&F sig since January. It pertains to KOTCS, and was utterly prescient on George's part.

I came out of this movie and loved it , the ants scene was one of my faves.
Great stuff :rock
Unrealistic yes , but so the hell what , isn't ripping out somebodys heart only to have them be alive for the next 4 minutes.

Josh, I'm totally behind everything you wrote.

You took the trouble and explained it all bit by bit, and it turns out we see eye to eye for once!

:google

Thank you sir. I really wanted to explain everything that was in my head about this movie. Maybe for once make one of my 30k posts worth reading. :lol

Of course some bits are silly, but then, bits will always be silly in an Indy movie. There's silliness galore in all of them. And I'm so glad that at least some of us old fans can still love that silliness, and not impose our own grown-up embittered selves upon it. (Hey, I'm as embittered as the next guy. *chews own pinkie* See? Bitter. And this one was so sweet when I was two.)

I'm a big kid. My Dad is the same way and he and I both are of the mind that growing up sucks. Maybe it helps teaching young kids and that rubs off on me. :lol I was so worried about not enjoying this movie but that didn't happen and I'm so releaved.

Also, when was the last time a major Hollywood blockbuster empowered teachers so much?

Props to Lucas here -- his Young Indy DVD sets are a set of marvelous teaching tools.

Back