RAMBO vs KOTCS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMBO vs KOTCS

• Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Rambo ('08) to First Blood

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
As a fan of both franchises, I have to say off the bat that the original ROTLA is my favorite film of ALL TIME. The best? Probably not, but one that never gets old for me. The original FIRST BLOOD, is my favorite action movie behind RAIDERS, and the two are probably the greatest action flicks of the 80's, introducing two of the most iconic film characters to movie audiences.

I grew up with Indy, and had patiently waited for a fourth RAIDERS for years. I actually didn't become a Rambo fan until recently, and didn't even see the original FIRST BLOOD until after seeing RAMBO. The first one I saw was R:FB 2, and I thought it was a fun, steroid-pumped 80's action flick. I saw RAMBO opening day, and was blown away. It was by far better than the second one, filled with gratuitous violence, and fairly realistic, testosterone-pumped action, while having real heart and a message. I read the original David Morrell novel immeadiately afterwards, and later saw the first film, which blew me away. Sure Rambo doesn't directly kill anyone in FB, but it really is a great character study (with plenty of ass-kickery.) You could really tell that the fourth film brought the character full circle.

KOTCS on the other hand, took the series and went from a timeless classic like ROTLA into a typical, sub-par, CGI Sumemr film, with flying CGI monkeys.

Which 4th do you feel was a worthier sucsessor to its respective original?

The reason why this thread is kinda pointless to begin with... You saw Rambo first, and THEN saw First Blood. So you didn't go into it with huge expectations and desire. You just saw a good film and THEN went back and saw the original. With KOTCS, you have been a lifelong Raiders fan... so the criteria doesn't add up...

So yeah... if the criteria aren't the same... can't hold them up to one another and make a comparison. It's uneven before you even start. :lol

They're also like, I don't know... completely different kinds of movies. :lol

I now bet dollars to donuts that if Kevin Smith ever gets to make abother View Askew movie there will be INDY IV love/hate references. :rolleyes:

I'm not asking which is the better film between the two, but rather which one is more faithful to the original.

I really don't consider Indy to be an action series. It's an adventure series, but to me, action films are ones where the core behavior of the character is violence, like Die Hard, Rambo. Indy fights when he has to, but at heart he's an explorer.

Well, honestly... I think they both honor the original films they derived from. Still love Rambo and it was another great film from Stallone, especially after how much I loved Rocky Balboa. A fantastic way to bring the film full circle...

But the two don't really compare in my eyes. They both pay homage to their source material and ideas. at least IMO.

I felt Rambo 4 was by far a better film.

Stallone really did awesome work on Rocky 6 and Rambo 4.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

OH MAN... stop... please... you're killing me!

Wha...? Your... serious... :banghead

Rambo 4 SUCKED MORE MONKEY BUTTS THAN ANY OTHER FILM I'VE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE TO WATCH.

Utter CRAP.

I saw First Blood many years ago and loved it, still do, but man, the sequels... MONKEY NUTS! :emperor

The only reason anyone could like that movie is for the violence. If that's your bag, knock yourself out, but as far as story, acting, emotion, direction, resolution go... PLEASE! Non-existent. The end scence felt sooo tacked on. Awful, waful, awful.

Just my .02. Kiss it if you diss it... :D

Rambo by far.

Indy IV is the biggest dissapointment ever IMO.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

OH MAN... stop... please... you're killing me!

Wha...? Your... serious... :banghead

Rambo 4 SUCKED MORE MONKEY BUTTS THAN ANY OTHER FILM I'VE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE TO WATCH.

Utter CRAP.

I saw First Blood many years ago and loved it, still do, but man, the sequels... MONKEY NUTS! :emperor

The only reason anyone could like that movie is for the violence. If that's your bag, knock yourself out, but as far as story, acting, emotion, direction, resolution go... PLEASE! Non-existent. The end scence felt sooo tacked on. Awful, waful, awful.

Just my .02. Kiss it if you diss it... :D

But it was still a better film than Indy 4 :lol Hell, the new Mummy sequel will prolly be better than Indy 4, and it's a friggin knockoff :rotfl

Rambo easily is cooler than Indy and has better movies by far

Back