Anybody in the 501st legion or dress up as Star Wars characters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CombustedGremlin

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm just curious how many members of the forums are in the 501st legion or wear Star Wars costumes. I've always been interested in joining, but I couldn't afford a set of stormtrooper armor. I'll probably make a Royal Guard outfit and try to join up that way. I have the helmet made by Don Post Studios already, so the only thing I will really need is a pike.

I'd def. like to see some pics of costumes. :maul

-CG

Sure. I am SL-4231, I costume as Darth Vader. It's a lot of fun.

But I warn you: once you start down the costuming path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Not yet. But I will. The right costume has not presented itself yet. I don't have the talent nor resources to make it myself. What I want is an all black Kashyyyk Trooper Uniform. Some of the things the 501st does are very worthy causes.

Some others...not so much.

Free admission to Star Wars weekends every year!!! woot!!! i don't but i can't imagine how cool that is. participate in the parades, mess with the tourists, and meet random roadies.

I'm a standard issue TK Stormtrooper in the Great Lakes Garrison. Some of the most fun I've had has been in armor.

:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo

Last edited:
I'm the Great Lakes Garrison CO, TK/IS-5037. I trooped a visit to a 2nd grade classroom today and have two events tomorrow- a birthday party & an arena football game where I'll be attempting to kick field goals in full stormtrooper armor as part of the halftime entertainment!

If you're thinking of joining, contact your local Garrison and let them know. They'll have members to answer any questions you have and it will save you time & money!

I've been fortunate to troop at some amazing events like Disney's SW Weekends twice and the Tournament of Roses Parade. You can see photos of many events my wife and I have done at www.blastylava.com

how bout some pictures of the members of the 501st in costume, i've seen some pictures of i think its tk409 im not so sure and his costumes are awesome..............so how about it.............pictures???

I was registered for a short bit, had my Stormtrooper costume almost done.. but hit hard times and had to sell it before I could even use it.... :monkey2

I was TK-4981.

Tsl859 with Garrison Carrida;we just had the "Science Meets Imagination" exhibit here at the Franklin Institute in Philly. As we have at least 4 Vaders on the east end of Pennsylvania, there were plenty of opportunities to get Imperial. I had the pleasure of 'presiding' over the closing ceremony on the 4th of May.Our next major event will be an all-out assault on wizard World Philly the last weekend in May. I'll be there on Saturday(in costume, of course).I actually started putting the suit together in '78. I'm on something like version 5.2 at this point...PS

TK-2234 of the Empire City Garrison - at your service.

tk2234_full.jpg

Well, I'm currently working on the application process for the 501st. I still have to send pics to my local garrison. I'm probably gonna have to change my screen name here as I'm sure TK0083 is already taken:monkey2

Here's me in one of my suits. . . . .
11tu7md.jpg

Both my Armors on display. . . . .
3463uaw.jpg
2d6krgz.jpg

I bought them already assembled. I still need to make some adjustments in order to get them to fit me properly.:(

I'm also working on an X-Wing Fighter Pilot Outfit.:horror

Last edited:
hey tk0083 your costumes look great congrats buddy!!!!!!!!!....how long does it usually take to make a sandtrooper outfit????

Thanks for the compliments. However, I can't take any credit. I purchased these from members of the 501st.

As far as assembly time, the more patience the better is what I'm told. So, it pretty much varies. I'll find out evenetually as I plan to work on a set of clean armor for my Empire Strikes Back Stormtrooper Lid.:stormtroo

The 501st is pretty quik on approving memberships; mine took about a week or 2, if I remember correctly. The fact that your suits are already approved, being member pre-owned, should work in your favor.As to your number preference, you never know; I would have thought that"959" was taken, but such was not the case. I'll do a quik look on their roster and get back to you.Either way, welcome to the Legion...PS

Just checked their site, and the ID number did NOT come up, so you may be OK. Good luck...

Last edited:
Back