Anybody collect the Kotobukiya kits?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CombustedGremlin

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm curious if anybody collects these? Personally, I haven't been able to pick any up (they're about 100 bucks a pop), but I do think they're pretty cool. I'm really tempted to get the bounty hunter line....or in the very least, the new Boba Fett!

Also, if anybody has pics of their Koto pieces, I'd def. like to check em out. :chew

i collect kotobukiya kits, they're very cool. i have 3 for sell on the trade sale thread.
i have the bounty hunter bossk preordered.can't wait to get this one.

Besides SW, Kotobukiya do releases their versions of Indy, Aliens and Predators too. The Kotobukiya Grid Alien ArtFx Statue is really cool.

All Kotobukiya's ArtFx Series are actually in 1:7 scale. So, if you display these with your regular 1:6 scale SS or HT figures, the Kotobukiya statues will look shorter.

My Kotobukiya ArtFx Collection:

SW Line:
Commander Bly
501st Clone Trooper
Shock Trooper
Sand Troopers (Set of 3)
Snow Trooper
Scout Trooper
Luke in Storm Trooper Disguise
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Darth Vader

Alien:
Grid Alien

anyone care to show some pics of there collections?
I almost won an auction for a trooper a couple months ago, and knew that would start off a collections, but got outbid and never tried again.
Though I do think the human likenesses are poor, and some of the poses seem a bit cheesy sometimes. but fr the price, who am i to argue!!!

Not into them anymore, not high-end enough for my ever evolving tastes.

I collect just the Star Wars Troopers, I like em a lot!!!

DSC05297.jpg

Also the Koto Boba Fett has the best pose IMO...

I collect Kotobukiya statues, mostly Imperials and droids. My Kotobukiya collection. All of these are displayed with the exception of McQuarrie Vader vs Luke, TIE Fighter Pilot and AVP Predator and Alien.

displayhistory111vu5.jpg

displayhistory113gs5.jpg

Last edited:
I only have one Koto Statue, but figured I would post some pics here of it. It's a Darth Vader EpIII with Pewter Paint Finish.

Picture629.jpg

Picture630.jpg

Picture631.jpg

Picture632.jpg

Picture633.jpg

Picture634.jpg

Picture635.jpg

Picture636.jpg

Picture637.jpg

Picture638.jpg

I have the normal Vader as in the above post, bought it off someone who sold me $20 coz the peck on the leg broke so I display it without the base.

I wanted to get the other Koto Vader and some of the clone troopers and I will be done. The prices are not friendly for me to consider but if anyone have the loose Vader with the lightsaber near his face pose and some of the clone troopers to let go for very reasonable price. PM me. Damaged ones is ok too, even preferred!

i have a few of these but only the first vader displayed...and I've noticed that it feels sticky like if the paint never dried...has anybody else noticed this?

i have a few of these but only the first vader displayed...and I've noticed that it feels sticky like if the paint never dried...has anybody else noticed this?

Yipe! I wash the parts with water, soap and a toothbrush because dust adhered to the surface.

New to the forum. Did a search for kotobukiya. Not much love for this brand it seems.

Anyway, here are my kotos so far.

IMG_3024a.jpg

IMG_3227a.jpg

IMG_3300a.jpg

IMG_3302a.jpg

If you don't mind nicks or dents on the boxes, tfaw.com has some great deals on a lot of the Kotobukiya Star Wars kits. Most often I'll check there first before picking up one of my clones or troopers via another retailer or face ebaY rapage. I'd rather get two for the price of one and since I'm opening them up for display, I could care less what the boxes look like.

Back