Stupid Radio Station

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
92.1 in my area has said for the past week that they would be giving away free tickets to Indy for a Monday showing. They will be in the city handing them out they said. My sister works right by where they were to be. They never showed. She said she had to stand in line with a bunch of nerds. :rotfl Only to be told this station is a no show quite often. I am pissed! I wanted to see freakin Indy tonight! :tap

I called the movie theater and they said it is up to the radio station to hand out what tickets they had given them. So I will call them now. :lecture

I called the movie theater and they said it is up to the radio station to hand out what tickets they had given them. So I will call them now. :lecture

If you do get tickets, make sure to get there 2 hours early if you want a decent seat. They always overbook these things so tickets are not a guarantee.

If you do get tickets, make sure to get there 2 hours early if you want a decent seat. They always overbook these things so tickets are not a guarantee.

That's why I usually never go to opening nights unless it's something I REALLY, REALLY want to see.

They said that on the radio. I called the radio station and they said they are all gone. They never even showed up?!? :monkey2

That's why I usually never go to opening nights unless it's something I REALLY, REALLY want to see.

Yeah, but for these advance screenings it is like that no matter what. It doesn't even have to be a blockbuster. The other day when I went to see Iron Man at the 8:00 show on opening night, I got there at 6:30. There were maybe 20 people ahead of me for Iron Man. They had a free advance screening for Maid of Honor at 7:30. There was a line of probably 200-300 people already there.

Yeah, but for these advance screenings it is like that no matter what. It doesn't even have to be a blockbuster. The other day when I went to see Iron Man at the 8:00 show on opening night, I got there at 6:30. There were maybe 20 people ahead of me for Iron Man. They had a free advance screening for Maid of Honor at 7:30. There was a line of probably 200-300 people already there.

Wow.....that's nuts. No advanced screenings for me :lol

I went to see Pirates 3 on opening night at midnight and figured it would not be that bad since it was a weeknight....wrong, place was packed with stupid teenagers. Long line to get in....ugh.

I plug my iPod in. I used to listen to radio, but all the commercials got annoying.

There are a couple stations that don't play commercials, just a few 10 second clips of them trashing other radio stations that have commercials. I also listen to sports talk radio.

There are a couple stations that don't play commercials, just a few 10 second clips of them trashing other radio stations that have commercials. I also listen to sports talk radio.

Yeah, I do listen to our local sports talk station too. I WISH our radito stations didn't play TONS of adds, but in an hour you seem to get about 20 min of music and 40 min of commercials.

People still listen to radio?

I work for a few stations in Illinois and I don't even listen to them! :lol We have a rap station, a country station and "new" rock station, but they play nothing but stuff I hate like Kid Rock, Hinder, Nickelback, etc.

I only have a radio in my car (not even a tape deck!), so I listen to the station across town. They play a better mix of older stuff like Bruce Springsteen, Depeche Mode, The Cars and new artists. Most of the new stuff isn't my thing, but it's better than juvenile rock lyrics.

Back