The "I've Seen Indy IV" Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw it screened this morning at 10. Seemed like Paramount was having screenings all day. And the Cannes debut was today.

I think Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the best 126 minutes you'll spend at the movies this year. If the Academy was in the sort of freewheeling mood that permitted LOTR:The Return of the King to win the Oscar, Indy could take Best Picture and there'd be nothing but smiles all around. Same for Harrison Ford as Best Actor.

Concerns about the use of CG or the Mutt Williams character prove groundless; Shia is charming and although CGI has generally sucked all the gee how'd they do that? right out of the movies, in this case, though several effects are clearly computer-generated (their sheer scale means there'd be no other way to do them), you'll be so tickled with what the filmmakers chose to do that you won't think much about how it was done. Karen Allen has terrific chemistry with Ford, and it's really beginning to seem that Cate Blanchett can do anything.

I can't wait to see it again.

:cool:

That's great news! The hype almost did me in but I've going to try and avoid everything until Wednesday!

Thanks for the update!!

I saw it screened this morning at 10...

I can't wait to see it again.

It's time for Kabukiman's JEALOUS RAGE!!!!!!

hulk01mcguinnesscoverrl5.jpg

I HATE YOU!!!!

Okay, not really. I'm too much of an excitable *********...

That's awesome that you got to see it. Are you at Cannes or was this in Cali?

I was really looking forward to this, but now that I know it's not "The Phantom Menace 2" I'm ^^^^ing ecstatic! :chew

I'm in Los Angeles, and saw it in the theatre on the Paramount lot. If it makes you feel any better, the sound wasn't working when the film started. We were watching the opening credits action sequence in silence for about 20 seconds. (Well, the film was silent, but the audience was not!) When they fixed the sound, I was very surprised by what song was playing, and by what artist. I don't know exactly when the music started, but it followed the niftiest, funniest transition from the corporate logo to the film since the Universal Globe got warm before the start of "Waterworld." But unlike with that film, this time things just keep getting better after that!

But no spoilers!

Would you say that the story and all is very "fitting" for Indiana Jones? I know there have been concerns regarding that the Crystal Skull may be of alien-origin.

Not asking for any spoilers...just want to know if it "works" for Indy.

Glad to hear you had that experience and reaction. A friend of mine is seeing it at Lucasfilm on Tuesday, but I already told him I don't wanna hear ANYTHING... not even whether he liked it or it. I just don't want to go in to the movie Wednesday at midnight with any expectations of any kind. I've also avoided all spoilers for the past couple of weeks, including the latest TV Spots.

BTW, if I'm not online much Wednesday & Thursday, it's probably because I'm at the movies. :lol

That is awesome news Gruff! I know you have good film tastes and I trust your judgment fully. Cannot wait to see it. The wife and I have concrete plans for it come Thursday. I don't have to work until 2 pm, so we are going to try and make an early trip to the theater to catch the film... hoping it's not a sold out venue and we can get tickets. My town is pretty small and locally... school isn't out yet. So I'm thinking it will be cool.

So I'm crossing my fingers for awesome Indy goodness come Thursday morning. :rock

Well, whether I like the movie or not I should have a good idea by the end of next weekend. So far, I plan on the following showings:

Wednesday at Midnight (solo, because Vyxen can't stay up past 10:00 PM :lol)

Thursday at 5:00 PM (w/ the kids and Vyxen)

Friday night (with Adam)

Sunday afternoon (with Adam)

I'm committed to all of those, so far. Hope it doesn't suck. :lol

Well, whether I like the movie or not I should have a good idea by the end of next weekend. So far, I plan on the following showings:

Wednesday at Midnight (solo, because Vyxen can't stay up past 10:00 PM :lol)

Thursday at 5:00 PM (w/ the kids and Vyxen)

Friday night (with Adam)

Sunday afternoon (with Adam)

I'm committed to all of those, so far. Hope it doesn't suck. :lol

:google:google:google:google:google:google:google

That is a whole LOT of showings. I'm anxious to see my schedule for the weekend... I hope I have at least one day off or a morning available...

Back