When was the SS/Weta LOTR Line Released???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi im just wondering what year it was released?
Was released along side the Fellowship of the Ring? if so then the line was opened in 2001
But I bought my first LOTR Weta piece in 2004 and alot of you would call that late too the game
Correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:
I thought it started right around the same time as the movies.

Yea that sounds about right
I mean I can't see the line being release which would spoil some of the character designs for someone who had not yet seen the movie(s)

Right it wasn't before the movies but as far as the timinig I don't remember. You'd have to check SS site for that info.

I wonder when Weta will announce that they're doing Hobbit collectibles :D They don't have to show anything, I just want confirmation!!

I wonder when Weta will announce that they're doing Hobbit collectibles :D They don't have to show anything, I just want confirmation!!

Yes that would be great then I could start saving alot of money together for pieces that are likely too become grails :D
I plan on getting Smaug, a New Sculpt Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo, Goblin King, and Beorn but I'm being very optimistic here :monkey3

They made the announcement in Feb 2001 and product pictures were on their site as early as March 2001 and I think preorders went up shortly after that. My earliest LOTR preorder was October 23, 2001 when I signed up to be a Charter Member of the Medallion Program.

They made the announcement in Feb 2001 and product pictures were on their site as early as March 2001 and I think preorders went up shortly after that. My earliest LOTR preorder was October 23, 2001 when I signed up to be a Charter Member of the Medallion Program.

Okay thanks that will give me a good indication of when I will need too watch out for the pieces about 6 months before the release of the films :banana

I got my first pieces in October 2001!

The shipping schedule was seriously delayed when all flights were stopped after September 11, 2001 along with other shipping services. Obviously NOT important in the scheme of life but true never the less.

yeah man i bought my first piece last year, yeah i know i missed the boat but i'm new to the game.:D

This time i'm going to start saving to bye some possible grails you know:banana:banana:banana

My predictions for the Hobbit line is that Smaug will be the Grail of the line???
Though maybe for The Hobbit 'unnamed sequel' film there will be a new Sauron the Necromancer sculpt??? who knows

Yep, and I missed the memo you sent out to warn me not to miss that ....................... you did send the memo didn't you?! :rotfl

Don't forget me this time :D

Back