Lucas Talks Indy 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Lucas tells me it’s more than a strong possibility there will be a fifth "Indiana Jones."

AND THAT EVERYONE WILL HATE IT. :duh

"I haven’t even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.''

:monkey1

Yeah, I didn't like that part much because if he can still do it then he needs to be doing it.

"I haven’t even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.''

:monkey1

He may want to wait to find out if people even like LeBeouf's character :lol

Come on, who doesn't love LaDouche!

sofaking.jpg

lol....he waited all these years to make one now all of a sudden he's got the itch to make a couple??? does he owe someone money??

Was Lucas tied at all to the time frame for Indy 4, didn't Ford ^^^^ it up a bit by causing a long back and forth on the script. I haven't followed it totally but I could swear I've heard Indy 4 as a concept for like 5 years or more and it'd been a big fiasco trying to get a script everyone could agree on.

Lucas has always been the hold out and has admitted such.
At this rate Indy 5 will be set in the mid seventies...and so will Ford.

I always got the impression Lucas didn't want to deal with Indy while he was making the prequels. Now that they're over, he wants his other franchise.

Was Lucas tied at all to the time frame for Indy 4, didn't Ford ^^^^ it up a bit by causing a long back and forth on the script. I haven't followed it totally but I could swear I've heard Indy 4 as a concept for like 5 years or more and it'd been a big fiasco trying to get a script everyone could agree on.

Actually, no. I personally know the Writer Lucas first hired to write an Indy 4 Script. Without naming names, basically Lucas, Speilberg and Ford all had different ideas and notes on it. It must have been a nightmare to write it. Lucas and Spelberg's vision were the problem. Speilberg wanted Sci fi, Lucas a more traditional approach. Lucas and Ford were closer in vision. Granted, this was 10 yrs ago, but the approach took the longest to get this thing rolling. Subsequent rewrites faltered as we all know and yes Harrison was very involved in the development process and had much to say about Indy's Image and all. But it was agreed from the start all three had to agree on the script. And the Story. But they ALL had their own divergent thoughts on it.

Three Cooks in one kitchen as it were.

Last edited:
Indiana Jones and the Invaders from Mars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not that far off. :lol 50s flavor and all. Try Saucers...

Btw, IFM was one of the most brilliant Sci Fi Films of its time IMO. The William Cameron Menzies Film. Way ahead of its time, conceptually.

Menzies was a virtual genious.

You're not that far off. :lol 50s flavor and all. Try Saucers...

Exactly what I was gonna say. But is it/will it/should it be an "Indiana Jones" film?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mutt Williams and the Saucer Men From Mars

Oddly, I actually like the sound of that. I'm more comfortable with the idea of Mutt dealing with blatant Atomic Age stuff rather than good ol' "ancient relic" hunting Indy.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Mutt is worth following around for an entire film.

A spinoff with Mutt is one thing, in the spirit of "The Ewoks Battle for Endor." And Indy is welcome to cameo. But in my mind it won't be an official fifth Indiana Jones movie if Indy isn't the star of the show.

Back