Hello David Here from Houston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, sorry for the short and sweet intro.

Here's my background

Born in Rio Grande City Texas, moved immediately to Houston, grew up in Houston. This is a story about how movies have shaped my life growing up. To Movies are the new American Past time. I grew up watching movies, Starwars, Horror, Superman, ET, etc. My love for movies have led me directly to my collecting habits. Love Star Wars stuff, toys etc, love Horror collectibles especially Michael Myers stuff. I always search the net for the latest movie news and I'm usually the first to tell my friends of all the latest film projects. So for me it started.....

Sometime in early 80's (can't remember when) Sat down after a night of Trick or Treating and watched John Carpenter's Halloween (freaking genius stuff). I was shocked,amazed, terrified, blown away, all at once, not mention a change of undies needed :lol. From then on I was hooked to Horror, didn't help that my friend was a big Horror movie fan, bastard introduced me to Evil dead. So that began my love for the scary stuff.

At the same time other movies peeked my interest, my parents took me to go see this crazy space movie called Star Wars "The Empire Strikes Back". I mean wow the cool looking robot dude was Luke's dad :lsvader:google:google
That began my obession with Kenner's line of toys. Which led to buying He-man toys and Transformers. Then later collection comics and sports cards.

Well as with everything, life changes things change. I grew up and started liking girls rather than toys. But occasionally I would stop and check out the latest stuff. Eventually I came back to the world of collecting first with comics, The death of Superman was a very fun time for me. Then toys, the reemergence of He-man toys brought me back to this world. Well now I'm here. Still a fan of comics, toys, and video games. I guess we never really grow up, should we?:chew

Last edited:
Welcome! Don't know how many of the Freaks live in Houston but there's at least six of us here in North Austin. We get together every other month or so for a long Saturday afternooon of collector talk and movie discussions. It's always lots of fun, so if by some coincidence you're ever over this way when we're meeting, you're welcome to join us!!

Glad to have you aboard! :peace

Welcome! Don't know how many of the Freaks live in Houston but there's at least six of us here in North Austin. We get together every other month or so for a long Saturday afternooon of collector talk and movie discussions. It's always lots of fun, so if by some coincidence you're ever over this way when we're meeting, you're welcome to join us!!

Glad to have you aboard! :peace

Why thank you for the invite, someday I may head out that way. Don't usually make to Austin very often but you never know. :cool:

Back