So it's Friday night.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q

quarr

...... You've had a tough week at work/school/bumming around the house. What have you got planned? Are you a stay at home? Do you catch the latest flick at the cinema? A regular visitor to exclusive restaurants? What do you guys do to let your hair down and unwind?

I myself like to tuck the wife and child up with a DVD and a big bar of chocolate, then I'm off to town with the guys. Hit a few pubs/bars, on to a club for some dancing then finish off the night with a curry...
:toast :toast :banana :toast :balrog :toast :sick

Surely you don't just stay at home every weekend and admire your collections... :dunno

Usually, I only go out on Fri nights when there's a band I want to see. :dunno

re

On a friday im a stay at home man, tucked into my bed with a good film on,
Used to be a regular pub/slub goer, but as i quit drinking i dont enjoy myself in clubs anymore, and as i have a GF cant go out on the pull either, On a sat, its over to the missus' house, order a pizza (pepperoni) and watch another film, or maybe go to the cinema,
Man im 22 and SOOOOO boring! :lol
Old before my time i believe the saying goes!
:p

re

Don't worry Al - When I was 22 I was doing the same as you! They say life beigns at 40 and it's true! :banana

Re: re

You may think my situation is bad Quarr, but it is what it is. I'm not complaining at all. Yes I have no money, like everyone else, no car :\ , not many friends, but the ones I have are good, no life but no stress, no woman but everyone knows that by now, and am happy that this board exists, and I will soon have a 1/4 Dracula :D .

I dont spend heaps of time on the weekends admiring my collection, as you determined. I manage to wipe myself out once a month for an entire weekend at a mates playing Soldier of Fortune2 and whatnot, and once a week I jam with friends, but that is Tuesday nights. So life's not too bad, Ive adjusted to it. That's the good, you don't want to hear the bad and I'm trying to forget it. So there you are, now stop being so nosey and get to work making funny photoshopped pictures. I like to laugh, lots.

Saturday tends to be my going out night. Cinema, pub, whatever. But if I can help it in this weather (snow EVERYWHERE today in Norwich) I try to stay in as I don't like getting cold! friday nights I like to spend watching TV. There's some good stuff on every channel on friday nights. I have every other thursday and friday off so if ive worked those days I like the night off to relax before my weekend off, if I've had them off I like to continue my relaxing time before I have to work the weekend!

Night on the town sound perfect.

I need to do that tonight.
The rest of you stay home and shop online. ;)

:banana

re

Well, it IS Friday night and I'm here just waiting for my cab. I'll be having one extra pint tonight and it'll be just for you Creech :toast

Well, I could have gone-out with my mates. But didn't really have the cash, and it is the Bill Murray season on channel 5,
So their really is no compromise...:bow ....But if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and through away the key.:lol

Hey! We watched Python's Holy Grail! That counts as a fun Fri night, doesn't it???

Well i stayed at home only because i had to leave eraly on Sat morning for the Grand Prix, then i went to bed early on Sunday for the same reason.
The GP Was great, shame McLaren didnt do anything.

Friday night? Yes...I remember. There was something dangerous and exciting about Friday's at one time, wasn't there?

Actually, I went out last night with the GF for some quesedillias and margaritas. The place was only a couple km from our apartment. (1.2 miles, for my fellow Yanks. :p ) Which is handy, as I love all things Mexican. And the week before that I learned again that I should fear and respect the martini. :thud

Since Lindsey doesn't drink, though, and is not much of a party gal, my nights on the town have taken a turn. Most evenings, we just wind up sitting at home, watching a DVD, or doing some experimental cooking. Then it's early to bed.

Back