How are you going to display your Indy???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jango56031

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Haven't seen a thread dedicated to this yet but a couple of discussions here and there. Thought it would be nice to get everyone's creative ideas in one place. I've been working on backdrop for mine. Still need to finish the ground section and I have the 3 3/4 ark coming. Also want to replace my goofy looking grail cup with the hasbro artifact when that's available. Home-made crate from craft sticks, turned out pretty good. Luke is just keeping it warm for Indy till he arrives. So let's get the creativity rolling.
Resizeof100_6518.jpg

Resizeof100_6521.jpg

I posted more images in my custom thread. Link below.

That is a VERY nice backdrop you're working on! Excellent job! :rock

I'm doing something a bit similar, but will also be incorporating an actual Mayan artifact that my Dad brought back from Belize for me. But the coup de grace for my Sideshow Indy display will be a commissioned piece of original INDY art painted by our own Trevor Grove. :banana

That looks brilliant man ! :rock , really fabulous work ! :rock.
My indy will be going in a detolf though probably , can't really take him out it will look odd.

BTW, Jango... what are you sculpting your wall bricks out of? Is it just sculpy?

That's cool about the real artifact. Please post pictures when you get it done. The bricks are also made of fiberboard. I'm not sure that I'm naming it right. I think it's just pressed sawdust into a board. After cutting the individual blocks I just took a utility knife to rough up the edges and round the corners, then glued them onto a solid piece of the same material. Planning on making the floor piece a little bigger and covering it with sand glued on. I'll post again when it's completely finished.

Keep the ideas coming.

May I ask that you post the pictures in the forums' gallery feature as I can't get photobucket from work? I really wanty to see your background.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, my work blocks photobucket and imageshack so anything hosted on those sites either appear as red x's or don't show up at all. Your custom thread is imageless for me :(

Hey Prog, I will set up a gallery tonight when I get home. By tomorrow you should be able to see them. Jango

Jango, another quick question... what did you use to for the writing on your crate? I assume it's a stencil? I can't find the right ones (or size) anywhere. Any helpful hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Jango, another quick question... what did you use to for the writing on your crate? I assume it's a stencil? I can't find the right ones (or size) anywhere. Any helpful hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

I actually used clear address labels. Cut out just around the words and then sprayed over them with testors dull coat clear sealant. Works well on home made decals. I did some on a custom dreadnok thunder machine that really turned out well too. I'll add pictures of it to my gallery soon.

Back