do you think sideshow will do ki adi mundi?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But just think of the amazingly different tailoring that Ki Adi Mundi's costume has and the accessories he will come with. They'll also need to sculpt and tool an all-new lightsaber hilt! OMG! Clearly, that will require more R&D on Sideshow's part and will necessitate a $90 figure, ala Gandalf. :monkey5

I hope the Andy Dick version of Ki Adi is the exclusive. I'd drop $100 on that, easy... Maybe more, if it talked.

I don't think they can classify Ki Adi in the same group as Gandalf. I mean there is no printed design on the hem of his pants. There's $10 right there.

But just think of the amazingly different tailoring that Ki Adi Mundi's costume has and the accessories he will come with. They'll also need to sculpt and tool an all-new lightsaber hilt! OMG! Clearly, that will require more R&D on Sideshow's part and will necessitate a $90 figure, ala Gandalf. :monkey5

Are you the new Collector Freak these day or what?

Are you the new Collector Freak these day or what?

Yeah. That's exactly it. My posts are JUST like Collector Freak's. :rolleyes:

From now on, any posts critical of any Sideshow products or their business decisions in any way (or posts that are clearly just poking fun) shall be deemed Collector Freak Posts®! :lecture

Yeah. That's exactly it. My posts are JUST like Collector Freak's. :rolleyes:

Not the same form, but you don't seem to be much of a SS fan these days. A lot of negative comments and such. What's the deal? We all know about the price increases. Either buy them or don't right? And no, I am not saying "give praise or shut up" as I am critical of things too. You just seem to really have it in for them as of late.

I am extremely frustrated with some of their decisions and tactics (and obvious lack of Quality Control) lately, yes. But I'm still a fan and I'm pulling for them to DO BETTER. Because I know they CAN.

That makes quite different from someone like Collector Freak.

There's people like Dave, Faramir and Josh (almost always positive) on one side. CF and Chavez (almost never positive) on the other... and me in the middle and fluctuating depending on the issue.

I am a political Moderate when it comes to collecting. :lol

I am extremely frustrated with some of their decisions and tactics (and obvious lack of Quality Control) lately, yes. But I'm still a fan and I'm pulling for them to DO BETTER. Because I know they CAN.

That makes quite different from someone like Collector Freak.

There's people like Dave, Faramir and Josh (almost always positive) on one side. CF and Chavez (almost never positive) on the other... and me n the middle and fluctuating depending on the issue.

I hear you. I want them to do better too. I just saw your comments like "R&D for a new lightsaber hilt will cost :rotfl" as obviously sarcastic rather than a constructive way to point out faults. That's all.

Not the same form, but you don't seem to be much of a SS fan these days. A lot of negative comments and such. What's the deal? We all know about the price increases. Either buy them or don't right? And no, I am not saying "give praise or shut up" as I am critical of things too. You just seem to really have it in for them as of late.

He also seems to have a great dislike for Speed Racer. :dunno :lol :chew

I miss collector freak. His rants were always entertaining. I wonder what he's up to.

I hear you. I want them to do better too. I just saw your comments like "R&D for a new lightsaber hilt will cost :rotfl" as obviously sarcastic rather than a constructive way to point out faults. That's all.

Actually, I was just being a Guinness-fueled smartass. :monkey3

That said, I am pretty tired of people like Dave making it sound as if R&D and new tooling for specific accessories and outfits are an excuse for figures priced 30% more than other comparable ones. If that were the case there would be NO consistent prices for any products in any line from any company. Almost every figure should have its own unique outfit and accessories.

And look, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Sideshow jacking prices up in order to maintain (or increase) their profit margins. That's business. But let's call a spade a spade... and be cognizant of the fact that they may be starting to price even more collectors out of their lines.

Actually, I was just being a Guinness-fueled smartass. :monkey3

That said, I am pretty tired of people like Dave making it sound as if R&D and new tooling for specific accessories and outfits are an excuse for figures priced 30% more than other comparable ones. If that were the case there would be NO consistent prices for any products in any line from any company. Almost every figure should have its own unique outfit and accessories.

A.

Nothing wrong with being a Guinness fueled smartass. :duh

B.

Well said on the second issue as well. :rock

Back