will we ever see c3po or r2d2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume that eventually we might see them, but as jkno said... it won't be soon.

3PO shouldn't be hard now that they have developed that smaller body for armor, I don't see him being too tough.

R2 would have to be handled almost like the Holochess table, just a stand alone item. All you need are moveable legs, retractable 3rd leg and a swivel dome. Lights would be a plus, but since SSC is not HT... I doubt we will get lights. :lol

I think lights are a must. Especially now that figures cost over $100 (tax and shipping). If Hot Toys can make light up eyes in the T-800, Sideshow can do it for 3PO's eyes. And R2 would be even easier to do because of his canister shape. I still vote for a lithium watch battery power source and not AA.

I hope we get the droids very soon... I just don't understand why we have a chess table, but no R2 and no Chewbacca. Chewie is excusable, for the time being, but R2...

i can answer that. 4 lukes before chewy, c3po or r2d2 means no. reality has set in for these main core characters not being produced by seeing luke, han and leia produced more than once.

i can answer that. 4 lukes before chewy, c3po or r2d2 means no. reality has set in for these main core characters not being produced by seeing luke, han and leia produced more than once.

Well, that's not the best indicator. Kenner and Hasbro produced about a gazillion Lukes for every droid. Sideshow just adopted that bad habit. :lol

Well, that's not the best indicator. Kenner and Hasbro produced about a gazillion Lukes for every droid. Sideshow just adopted that bad habit. :lol

did they produce their many lukes before producing their first droids?

I understand your point, but comparing Hasbro's 3.75 line from 1977 and Sideshows 12" line here is really apples and oranges to the extreme. The reality of this is, just like with the droids, Sideshow is probably waiting for some other company to produce a Chewie so that they don't have to.

This question is less of a pondering one than the Ki-Adi one.....SSC has said from the beginning that they would not have done a Star Wars line without a R2-D2 and C-3PO offering. From day one they've said the R&D is going on with it and have been very mum about it since. I guarantee if/when they figure out how to offer the figure as they want they still will wait until an SDCC type of event to premiere it. I just don't see the Droids being offered up just in a newsletter. Also I guarantee you see a bunch of variants of these two offered through any kind of exclusive offering chance.

Back