Best ANGEL ever!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

I don't know how many "Angel" fans we have here but the episode tonight was hilarious and one of my favorites, ever. Usually I don't like episodes that make fun of the characters, but this one was so full of Buffy history, had a fun plot, great interaction between Spike and Angel and still managed to move the Wesley/Illyria story forward. Truly an episode that proves this is a great series!

I enjoyed the episode as well. I hate that this series is getting cancelled. It has hitten a great stride. Now that Whedon can concentrate on it alone, the writing has greatly improved. Cannot miss it.

Hey, not sure which episode your on about as im in the UK but im a fan of Angel.

Does anyone else think this series hasn't been as good of late (its getting better week by week though)?

The episode is called "The Girl In Question" - episode 5x20 I think. Angel and Spike go to Italy to "rescue" Buffy (who never appears). I think this season has been spotty, but there have been some excellent episodes - the Wesley/Illyria arc is heartbreaking too.

SPOILERS for recent Angel episodes

Yeah Fred "died" a couple of episodes back and last night Connor came back, which was a good episode. I really miss Cordy though, she brought so much into it :(

Sorry about editing your post their pilch - just in case someone hasn't seen the last 5 episodes I didn't want them accidentally seeing one of the major plot points of the season.

This is one of my all time favorite Buffyverse episodes! Hilarious!

I Love the shot of Spike and Dru with their 50's mod look. (notice my avatar)

My husband and I watch both Buffy and Angel on dvd. These are some of the few dvds (of all the hundreds we've bought!) that we watch over and over again. "Angel" really hit its stride in the 4th season, and I was devastated (well, not really, but almost!) when I found out it had been cancelled! I suppose I should feel fortunate that it wasn't cancelled at the end of season 4, which was rumored to be the case, and that it was renewed at the last minute, or some such story.

Despite the Buffy connection, Angel stood on its own as a show, and had its own special "flavor", apart from Buffy. Watching the episodes one right after the other on dvd just reinforces how good of a show it really is! I'm on the last season of dvd's, and it's hit me that there are no more. At least Buffy got 7 seasons. Would've been nice if Angel had been around that long, too...

I miss Angel. :(

Oh, and TONIGHT'S episode on tv was the season 5 one with the Mexican wrestler who was the mail deliverer/picker-upper in Wolfram and Hart. Funny ep. :lol

wow, this thread came up from the depths...

Just finished watching S.5 all over again on DVD - still love "The Girl in Question" but there are so many truly great episodes in this season that I didn't appreciate the first time around.

I'd really love to see what they would have done with Illyria in S.6 - she's one of the better characters that Joss has created.

Gotta agree with you there, Dave. Fred's death scene broke my heart, but it made everything about Illyria so much more poignant.

Any more rumors about an Angel film? I had heard that all they really needed was for the big guy himself to agree to it.

I was a big fan of that show when it debuted. In my humble opinion.... it went way downhill after Doyle left the show. Last time I saw it, Cordelia was a villain, and Angel had a son. I was like, WTF!!?? Haven't watched it since.....

Given the gaps in your viewing consistency, I can see why you were confused. I had the same issue until the DVDs came out. When you watch all of the episodes together, and the chronology unfolds in the way it was supposed to, then it all makes sense.

And the series finale? Superb...

Actually I think Season 1 was the weakest in the entire series. And 4 where Cordie was apparently a villain and seduced Angel's son was my favorite.

At first I was just glad that they brought Spike back for Angel... Now season five's other story arcs are growing on me. Illyria is an awesome character.

Plus, major bonus points for the Spike/Puppet Angel fight scene. :lol :lol

Back