I'm getting tired of LOTRGuide.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FrodoEyes

For a number of reasons.

First, it was the amount of time it takes for a page to load up, I click on something, a link or whatever, and I spend more time staring at a blank screen then I do reading the actual thread! Plus the time it takes in reading everything. I don't spend as long over there now as I used to, just because it saves me so much time in not doing so!

Then it was the bloody server which liked to crash every day.

Now they've turned to banning members for sticking up for SSW! ala Josh. Plus there's just too many rules etc and tight modding. I used to roll my eyes at people who said the same as me, but it's so true. OH the forever moving of threads! Like my SSW Red Dwarf one! Okay, so maybe it was more to do with cinema but STILL!!

I hate to come over here and moan, I would post there or PM someone but the trouble is it would take me half an hour to get to the off topic section, quarter of an hour to get my thread up, several delays due to server breakdowns, and then the thread would either get locked, deleted or moved!!

ARRGGGHHH I might as well just give up!! <----That's a JOKE by the way, call it British humour if you will

Please note that this is not a thread or an invitation to start a flame war with LOTRGuide! I just needed to vent ;)

You should just stay here then, where things are easy, secure,
and very friendly most of the time. :toast

I tried the other board but it was just too big for me to navigate.

I like things simple and easy to find on a board, and the other
board just didn't cut it for me. I'd like to think I'm not too dumb,
but it was just a lot of area to go through to get where I wanted
or needed to be to post or read in the correct area.

Having been on a couple of other boards that change all the
time, and are difficult to navigate makes me appreciate this
board all the more for its longevity and stability.

Plus 99% of the people are very friendly and easygoing.
(all except for Josh - He's Rude, Crude, and Abusive!)
;) :rollin :grouphug

JS :wave

Frodoeyes, check your PM's.:smokin

busy.jpg

Goody two-shoes was banned?! :lol

Hard to believe...so you're saying they are throwing people out that like this board or defend it...even if they've always defended both boards?

Maybe I missed something since I rarely visit LOTRG. Always seemed to slow to me.

Now they've turned to banning members for sticking up for SSW! ala Josh. Plus there's just too many rules etc and tight modding. I used to roll my eyes at people who said the same as me, but it's so true. OH the forever moving of threads! Like my SSW Red Dwarf one! Okay, so maybe it was more to do with cinema but STILL!!

Yeah, I agree with you Frodo that things are a mess over at LOTRG. They keep members who flame SSW and its products without giving why they are flaming them and ban members who stand up for SSW. LOTRG has some good members and a lot of them have joined here like you, Dom, M ;) , etc.

Plus 99% of the people are very friendly and easygoing.
(all except for Josh - He's Rude, Crude, and Abusive!)

Dang! You figured me out. :p

Goody two-shoes was banned?! :lol

Hard to believe...so you're saying they are throwing people out that like this board or defend it...even if they've always defended both boards?

Yup, I was given the big fat boot against my butt. :lol

I was botted for sticking up for SSW and this board as well when they both would be flamed.

OK, I'm curious. What's the URL? Gonna have to go over there and have a look for myself. Flaming SSW? Flaming OUR board? I mean, WTF? Do we have LOTRGuide lurkers over here? :dunno :lol :dance

We have members here that are members there. In the past I've seen stuff like they have real Fellowship between members there that we don't here.

LOTRG

Uh oh......is this thread gonna get real ugly? Better make some popcorn :banana

There are some things I didn't like about LOTRG(I've said that it felt over-moderated for a long time now) and some things I don't like about freaks as well. But I've had great times on both so I'm not one to start bashing either board.

I'm just one of those people that people don't get into fights with, unlike some of the other more 'controversial' people so I've not had that problem with either board in that regard :lol

:toast

I don't know what the circumstances were over there - but I'd hope no one gets into "our board's better than your board" kind of thing.

I know there are a lot of people that are members both places and I think they offer different things. But I really don't want to see any bashing of them or their members here.

Thanks.

Josh could you post a link to Your flame war with whoever it was that sent the mods over the edge?
cheers

I havent been there for a while now HE. I'm not sure if I can get into the forums since I'm banned.

Can you appeal your banning to the moderators over there Josh?

I know you had as many posts there as here, and it totally
sucks that you're going to lose that history on that board.

Why the Hell did they ban you anyway?! I can't imagine what
you could have said that would be so severe as to result in
being banned.

JS :dunno

Can you appeal your banning to the moderators over there Josh?

I tried but it kind of fell on def ears. I got an email saying all the mods and the owner of the board agreed that I was to be banned. I will admit I came back under Ringfan4life to talk with those that I liked talking to so that probably didn't help me case. :lol

I know you had as many posts there as here, and it totally sucks that you're going to lose that history on that board.

Yeah, it does suck. I hated loosing the chance to talk with some of the members there that just want to stay on one board. A lot of the members there that I talked to are members here so thats good for me.

Why the Hell did they ban you anyway?! I can't imagine whatyou could have said that would be so severe as to result in being banned.

Well, like I said it was past disagreements with other people on the board. Specifically if they flamed SS or the items without giving a reason why. The last straw was a member who went off on how TF sucked and the stuff coming out basically sucked and some other really BS stuff. I got banned for flaming is what they said though I never cussed or called anyone names. I kept getting told I didn't have to defend SS that was another reason.

I'm banned too!!

Can you believe it, they've banned me now!! But mine's only a 3 day ban. I can't believe it, this board has nothing to do with what I do over there.
They say the server problem is because of people using the affiliates due to Toyfair, not true as it's always been slow to me.
They said the ban was for INTENTIONALLY trying to start a war between the boards. NOT true as in my first post I said that was not the case, they're just going on what other people have said in the past. They reckon I said there is competition between boards too. When did I say that? And they said I was 'apparantly giving up on LOTRGuide', again when did I say that? I just replied saying that I didn't say these things and ended by saying see you in 3 days.

I'm not one of these people who get into arguments either and it really baffles me what's going on over there. I thought people were exagerating when they said it was getting bad but this kinda confirms it.

Again, as dave said, please read what I said in my first post, this is NOT a thread to start bashing LOTRGuide or ANY other board.

Re: I'm banned too!!

Man, Frodo thats total BS. You shouldn't be banned even for 1 hour for saying something on another board. Thats called Freedom of speech the last time I checked something that was told to me when people flamed SSW.>:

:jaw Josh banned?!?!? aw come here :grouphug

:jaw FE banned for 3 days, you can have a cuddle too :grouphug
we still love you

Seriously, I have never posted over there, but I do check it out every now and then but not enough to keep up with the goings on. Seems a bit off that one side of an argument should get banned and not the other, did you get any warnings? I would think the board is not the same without you Josh.

Does this mean you'll be doubling your posts here? :google

Yeah, I mean I was warned from getting really nasty with people. I've been told by several members that things aren't as fun with me not around there.

Well, I post here and Chuck's message board so I stay busy in the posts :)

Well, I know that I got an email basically saying that I had no chance of coming back now because I vented my anger in this thread like what happened to Frodo.

Back