Glass Display cabs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raider

Super Freak
Reaction score
so i have been looking around and carnt decide what to buy the short list is Ikea or Argos

this is my room at the moment looks like a bomb has gone off
DSCF1180.jpg

https://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll301/raider2525/?action=view&current=DSCF1181.jpg Another pic higher up

now my origional plan was to have 3 shelfs in the middle for the heavy items i have like 1:1 term head, my HR signed alien head/ master replicas chest buster etc.... and on the out side have 2 single glass cabs like a deltolf, But i have read they let dust in.... I HATE DUST grrrr makes me mad :monkey1

also i was thinking of putting 2 double cabs together of this style but it dont tell you how much weight each shelf holds so may stick to the origional idea..

doublesilverargos.jpg

so have been looking at the shelf idea and carnt decide which off these 3 would be better

detolfikea.jpg

aspvikikea.jpg

or a detolf from ikea... you all know what it looks like - ALSO the ikea display in white CLAMES to be dust free and its quite a lot bigger size wise than a deltolf, do you recon this would look better painted silver with a mirrored back on it?

if you have any better ideas id love to hear them :chew

also how do you add damn images to show in the thread the insert pic on this editor shows them as a white box with a red x
( yes i am a noob ) be nice ( now sorted thanks to spawnfan, thanks)

Last edited:
First off, get over the dust thing. ( I hate it too!) But you can't escape it unless you have a vacuum sealed display cabinet. So with that issue aside. I'd get get something sturdy for the weighted items. I thing something white would look got and it will help with the dust and if you're going to Ikea, get one big shelf for the middle and then get the exact shame shelf again, but the thinner versions of the unit for either size. I find with Ikea that that do all of their shelf designs twice. One full-sized version and then a half-sized version as well. Good luck, not sure if I even help there :)

PS: Some of those images aren't showing up.

also how do you add damn images to show in the thread the insert pic on this editor shows them as a white box with a red x
( yes i am a noob ) be nice

You see all the codes on the bottom right corner? Click on the one that says "IMG Code", which will copy the code in that window, and then paste that on here.

Simple as that.

You need to pull the pin on a grenade and toss it in on that room, Both Ikea and Argos would be a great improvement, I like the double cabinet

You see all the codes on the bottom right corner? Click on the one that says "IMG Code", which will copy the code in that window, and then paste that on here.

Simple as that.

hi spawn, thanks mate thats strange i used the boards image button and it just came up wrong :(

DSCF1180.jpg

You need to pull the pin on a grenade and toss it in on that room, Both Ikea and Argos would be a great improvement, I like the double cabinet

i know its a shocking mess the loft is FULL of sideshow boxes too running out of places to put them, ill soon have to sleep on the top of them if i dont sort this out.

as for the double cab i realy like it too but from looking around at diffrent makes, it seems that the doubles only have the same shelf weight as a single so it ends up takeing up more space than a single and you fit less in it. One idea could be to replace 1-2 of the glass shelfs for painted silver wood to hold heavy items ? what do you think

How much do they come in at from Argos or Ikea? Need to get some sorted myself!

hi joemoomin,

depends what you want, every one goes for the detolfs hear but they only hold 6kg each shelf they cost £35 from ikea and have a MASSIVE gap at the front for dust to attack / But the dust free one from ikea in white is £90

If you go for the argos silver ones that in my opinion look better i have looked over the internet and found the shelf weight to be 8kg, So if you collect PF statues like me more weight they take the better, the single ones cost about 90 the double one is £140. Hope this helps you :chew

I have had a Sauron statue on the middle shelf of one of my detolfs for over a year now. Never seemed like he was about to fall and he is way over 6kg.

well your a brave guy, id probaly have triple hear attack any time the door slammed. just incase that slight noise sent that hugh statue through the glass, crushing every thing under it. :horror (has anyone on hear ever managed to break the glass with a statue??????? :emperor

hi joemoomin,

depends what you want, every one goes for the detolfs hear but they only hold 6kg each shelf they cost £35 from ikea and have a MASSIVE gap at the front for dust to attack / But the dust free one from ikea in white is £90

If you go for the argos silver ones that in my opinion look better i have looked over the internet and found the shelf weight to be 8kg, So if you collect PF statues like me more weight they take the better, the single ones cost about 90 the double one is £140. Hope this helps you :chew

Thanks very much mate! It does help alot. i haven't had much time to research but will look into it now. Dust is a pain, I have an open chimney in my house too :duh

raider; as for the double cab i realy like it too but from looking around at diffrent makes said:
That would be one Idea, another is to replace the glass shelfs with a thicker piece, I ran across a section of glass from a shower door and it was very heavy duty and went and had it cut down to fit my Detolfs for my heavier statues and it worked for me gave me peace of mind, Thats just one idea, it might work for you

I was looking at the double one too , I actually managed to see one which a friend has , there aren't collectibles inside but it did look nice.
I am always put off by the split in the middle. It distracts the pieces.

Because of your thread, I got so excited about the cost of one of Ikea's display cabinets that I went out and bought one :lol

I bought 2 for $60 each and they are WONDERFUL!!!!! I also bought a couple lights there for $15 which add a nice museum like touch.

While it doesn't fit my Morgul Lord or Sauron statue (which is a bummer) they are nice for the "small" stuff. I don't think I'd trust it for anything particularly heavy (unless it's at the bottom).

Here's a pic (not great quality) of what I got.

DSC00781.jpg

Glad it was of some help, i was considering geting the ikea detold because the dust gaps are just at the front, these could be filled up with clear plastic strip. carnt decide because i colleect mainly PF so weight is my issue :monkey2

Because of your thread, I got so excited about the cost of one of Ikea's display cabinets that I went out and bought one :lol

I bought 2 for $60 each and they are WONDERFUL!!!!! I also bought a couple lights there for $15 which add a nice museum like touch.

While it doesn't fit my Morgul Lord or Sauron statue (which is a bummer) they are nice for the "small" stuff. I don't think I'd trust it for anything particularly heavy (unless it's at the bottom).

Here's a pic (not great quality) of what I got.

DSC00781.jpg

Back