Star Wars Republic Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I picked it up today. Very good game.... Excellent mix of Halo, Rainbow Six, and Star Wars.... I've heard the multiplayer isn't anything extraordinary, but is similair to RS3 multiplayer. And I've also heard the single player campaign is short (10-12 hours) but is a rollercoaster the entire time.

I'm impressed so far. And I can't wait until my run in with general Greivous.:rock

I'll get back to this after I finish it.

Good stuff. A little on the short side.... but deifnitely worth the rental at least.

I finished it quick. Maybe 10 hours.

It begins with you being born on Kamino.... Then through a series of first person cutscenes, the Kaminoans explain your purpose, why you were created, and why you're better than the average, run of the mill clone. Pretty cool stuff. Then, as you'd expect, you're dropped right into the middle of the conflict on Geonosis. Then a republic cruiser. Then finally to the wookie homeworld of Kashyyyk. I won't spoil any of the story for you.... But I will tell you that there are no Jedi whatsoever in the game. But you will have a brief run in with with Episode III's resident Bas@$$, General Greivous.

The game is non stop action. And the parts that are not action, are pure tension. And the game itself does a good job of making you really feel like you're in the middle of things. With the story being completely told through the first person perspective of 38, the clone you control.

The ending is brief, but fitting. Ending just moments before the Revenge of the Sith is set to begin. Really leaves you wanting more. And more importantly, Makes you really wanna go see Episode III. :drool

The game itself doesn't disappoint. Especially if you're into FPS.

All in all, I can't say "GO BUY IT".... But everyone who's a fan of Star Wars should definitely check it out.

And if you wanna know anything else about it, just ask.

How's the replay value? Would you go through it all again? That's a prime deal-breaker for me when deciding which games to buy and which to simply rent...

I think I'll wait until's available to purchase as a pre-owned game.

WG :boing2

replay value is decent... but I'd definitely suggest renting it first. especially since I can't tell you if you'll like it enough to play it again. :toast

Thanks for the review Mannie!!! Maybe next paycheck I can talk the wife into letting me get it. The game looks awesome plus you get to be a Clone Trooper commando!:vik

Wtaching it now , lol

Sounds great I can't wait to pick it up.... I am going away for a week or so in a couple days figure I will just pick it up when I get back or perhaps evilbay before hand lol

thanks mannie I was able to find one here in town used for $30! I couldnt believe at first :banana

Back