New Title! 600th Post! New Sig! Woo Hoo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done lc :toast , and what makes you a premium freak? You look normal to me otherwise. :lol How many of them do you have? and which one is your favourite?

Well, sad to say Creech, I have all that have been released so far (except Bond, but he is ordered), and every other one on pre-order (including exclusives and SSE)! I'm collecting the "line" of 1/4 scale at the moment and haven't decided how "deep" I will continue into each individual line. Heck, I finally made the decision to get the Bonds and that only left Napoleon, and since I really like his look, I even pre-ordered him finally! Between the 1/4 scale and LOTR stuff, I have...

a) No money!
b) No room!
c) No lack of things to marvel and stare at!

As for my favorite... It was the Vampyre... until I saw the Logan and Hellboy in person! Now, I'm not sure which one I like the most, but I will say that my favorite of all of them (without seeing them in person) is still the London After Midnight! I'm still a sucker for Universal / Classic monsters, and they will always have a spot in my collection! :bonk

Oh! and as for the "Premium", I originally picked 1/4 Scale Freak and Dave suggested Premium Freak since that is what Sideshow is now calling the line, but they haven't abandoned the 1/4 scale term yet and I really like it, so I combined them to get the present title. :google

You know... the funny thing about it is, with me collecting the LOTR line, I made a decision to only collect the monster 1/6 stuff, even though I really like the Buffy, X-Files, and other lines. I just couldn't justify going after all those figures! So along comes the 1/4 scale monsters and I say to myself, "Well, I have to get the monsters! and they aren't releasing them very fast, so...". The next thing you know, I get the Frankenstein and Vampyre in hand, and then the Dracula, and it was over to the Sideshow site and pre-ordered almost every one of the remaining 1/4 scales at the time! :bang2

Right now, I even have both the exclusive and regular versions on order of Han, Vader, Jason and the Punisher! I haven't decided whether I will get both of each, but it doesn't look good! :bang2 :bang2 I now have most of the stuff on order from Adam (DSC) and can pick it up local, so until I run out of money...

I don't know about 1/4, but you really are a Premium Freak. The Uni Monsters certainly are the coolest of the cool. I think you have been wise, in that you have foreseen the problems associated with collecting the 1/6 scale items. Hopefully these problems won't be duplicated in the bigger format. I predict you will soon run into trouble, and have to forego certain lines of the Premium products, especially when the output of such, moves from a trickle into a higher gear. How long will it be till we see 1/4 Buffy and X-Files? How will you keep up, when you seem to be in straits at the moment? I'm glad that you can pick them up locally from Adam. That must certainly save on the shipping, or do you have to pay for the drinks all night as part of the deal? I hear Adam is a thirsty lad, maybe you should pay for the shipping after all. :lol

Actually, he "bought" the last beer! I do need to buy him a round however... :toast :toast

Drinks all around! :toast

Congrats on the posts, Lonnie! (And I'm STILL jealous of your 1/4 Hellboy acquisition... well, when you get the new "intact" hand of doom one...!) :lol

Already got him! and Van Helsing to boot! (and he was #15, VH that is :rollin )! :bang2

Woo hoo! Go you! Congrats on the low # VH, if that's something you're interested in. :wave

The HB is something I'll have to wait on. No funds for it at the moment, so many 1/6 figures coming out right now! :dance

The number doesn't mean much to me personally, but it is nice to get a low number! :dance

That's how I feel about it. The number doesn't matter, but I'm honest enough to say I'd be doing a jig if I got something in the double digits, and posting on the board if I got something in the SINGLE digits. :lol

Back