Polylord's Phenomenal Pit of Polystone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polylord

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok I never gotten around making recent pictures of my collection, other than the pictures I put on my website. I decided it was time to show you how everything has been set up here in my small apartment.

My "main" setup is a cabinet with nice lights in it. Unfortunately, it's a pain to take pictures of cabinets, with the flash and the glass and all. That's why this picture is a bit dark and not too sharp :(
shelves01.jpg

Here are some close ups of the contents of the cabinet. On top of it are these items. My favorite is the Treebeard bust and it looks awesome on that height, it's like he's looking directly at you! :D
shelves09.jpg

On the top shelf, my recently bought Orc Warrior, and my good ole Ringwraith on Steed.
shelves10.jpg

Underneath that, the great scene between the Morgul Lord and Eowyn. Right next to it my very very favorite statue of them all, the Witch King of Angmar in True Form (signed by Shane Rangi). :rock
shelves11.jpg

Below that is my "Elf-Shelf", decorated it a bit with some (fake) leaves. Gotta love the pose of the Archer!:cool:
shelves12.jpg

On the bottom of the cabinet, I put my Moria-shelf. On the right, the Watcher in the Water, next to that my self-made Gates of Moria-carving out of stone and to the far right the Mines of Moria-environment.
shelves13.jpg

Morgul Lord Legendary Scale bust... awesome bust if you ask me! :p
shelves02.jpg

Hey... wait a minute.. that's not Lord of the Rings! :mad: I know, I liked the Chronicles of Narnia and this bookend set in particular, so I bought it. Don't be upset :D On the left the Mouth of Sauron bust. Man I really hope they make a Legendary Scale bust, or PF of Lifesize bust of him. He rocks! :rock Good ol' Gandalf the Grey on the right. He's pointing at my Sauron statue on the other side of the room :wacky
shelves03.jpg

I'm totally in love with that Cave Troll LSB! It's so awesome, and I like displaying it a bit high on a shelf, so he's really watching you when you look up at him. Gothmog on Warg was a gift I won at a give-away at Sideshow. When I first saw pictures of it, I wasn't impressed, but when I saw this thing in real life, I loved it! Also, displayed kinda high, so you can see that Warg straight into his ugly mouth ;)
shelves04.jpg

Yes, another favorite of mine: The Stone Trolls. I don't know what it is (I mean it's just three trolls with some moss on them, what's the big deal? :confused:) but somehow it's an amazing piece. The Escape of the Road plaque is also amazing, I love that thing. Next to that, Peter Jackson as Corsair, and the Barad Dur from Danbury Mint. Oh and a tiny Balrog from Gentle Giant hehe.
shelves05.jpg

That's one bad-ass mother (peeeeep); Lurtz! :rock. He's being protected by an Easterling Soldier ("Back off with that camera, man!"). Yeah right, like Lurtz needs protection, lol.
shelves06.jpg

The Bookend set with the EE DVD's in between. Ever noticed how pink Gandalf's hands and face are painted? Or is that just my version? He looks like a pig. Well, color-wise anyway. Apart from that, great item. Underneath it, Bilbo (it took me about 4 weeks before I noticed he's actually holding the ring in his hand, that's such a cool detail!), the Saruman bust from Gentle Giant, carefully being watched by Wormtongue.
shelves07.jpg

King Theoden is guarding the Golden Hall, on the shelf below are three of the very first busts I ever bought from Sideshow (with the Orc Overseer being the very very first ;)).
shelves08.jpg

I still have to find some place to really show off my Sauron statue (is now situated on a small table, not to my satisfaction. In another room I have temporarily placed the Freddy Krueger PF and Demon Freddy PF, together with the Jason PF. I'm planning on making a sort of "Horror Corner" with them, but haven't gotten around yet to doing that.

Thats Great Collection, What type of shelf is the silver and glass one?

I bought it from a specialty shop here in the Netherlands. Was very expensive, but at least it shows the collection way better than the rest of my collection which is on wooden shelves (Ivar from IKEA). I paid extra for the little halo-spots on the sides, but I think it's so much better than lights on the top of the cabinet, especially with those huge bases of the statues. The light wouldn't reach the bottom of the cabinet.

I see your point about the lighting, I think I saw in the IKEA Catalog they have some side lights, I will have to make a pilgramage to the IKEA and check it out, Curious what do you consider Expensive?

You have one amazingly elegant collection! Everything looks so clean an organized and you have a nice set of grails there to. Your crerativity to use they flowers works perfect with the elves. Amazing!

I see your point about the lighting, I think I saw in the IKEA Catalog they have some side lights, I will have to make a pilgramage to the IKEA and check it out, Curious what do you consider Expensive?

The glass cabinet was 1200 Euro's (almost 1900 USD). The "problem" with most of the IKEA cabinets is that they weren't wide enough as I wanted a cabinet that was 1 meter wide. I think the widest IKEA cabinet was either 60 or 80 cm.

I see your going for a certain look, and you have succeded, do you have any wide shots of you Collection? like to see your setup

I see your going for a certain look, and you have succeded, do you have any wide shots of you Collection? like to see your setup

I'll see if I can make a decent picture today and post it. It's basically the cabinet and the Ivar bookcase really. But I'll post a picture later to show.

Back