Caprica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the sound of it.
Intresting way to start the Cylons with Zoe-R wonder what she'll look like and surprised about the suicide stuff could give it some BSG depth.
Hope this series eventually lend up to the 1st cylon war.

A BSG prequel? That's awesome! While I was glad that they're ending the current show before it gets stale (like so many other shows do) it's great that they're going to keep going with a different time period. I hope we get to see the guy who played young Bill Adama again a few seasons ago (when he was Husker). He was fantastic!

Missed this thread.. I posted the same info from AICN in the BSG thread.

They've already shown the retro '80s Cylons in the new show, so they'll probably use them in Caprica. However I'd like for those to be intermediary and there's an even more primitive version in the beginning.

awesome!!! i hope this show takes off.
~~ on a side note i just picked up a book titled "Battlestar Galactica and Philosophy." so far its pretty awesome read.

I don't know about this show. I LOVE BSG, but I love the philosphical/religious undertones of the show and their search for earth. With caprica, being no humanoid cylons and no need to find earth, don't know if I'll like it as much.

On second thought...this is a good concept

I can see the first Cylon as a skinjob, if it was created as a civilian initiative.. Why would a civilian create a toaster? Later, the millitary gets a hold of the technology, and they create the toasters with the neural dampener thing.

They didn't have the techinology at first to create skin-jobs. The first was probably a C3P0 styled of helper robot. I'm sure that after the military got ahold of the design, they turned it into the Centurions. And if I am correct, didn't the skin-jobs only appear in the new BSG series??

They didn't have the techinology at first to create skin-jobs. The first was probably a C3P0 styled of helper robot. I'm sure that after the military got ahold of the design, they turned it into the Centurions. And if I am correct, didn't the skin-jobs only appear in the new BSG series??

Well, apparently if you read the article about Greystone's daughter

[ZOE GRAYSTONE / ZOE-A / ZOE-R] 16 going on 40 (18 TO PLAY 16), with severe hair and makeup, Zoe is the daughter of Daniel and Amanda Graystone, and she's a girl with many secrets. A computer genius like her father, she has found a way to enliven a holographic avatar of herself, by uploading all her memories and DNA into the hologram, thus creating her online twin, Zoe-A. A closet monotheist in the polytheistic culture of Caprica, and obliged to perform her religion in private, she tries to leave the planet with her boyfriend, Ben, only to be killed when Ben suicide-bombs them both into oblivion. But Zoe-A is left behind, a baffled, grieving digital duplicate of the real, flesh and blood Zoe. With the collaboration of Daniel and Joseph, Zoe-A is downloaded into a robotic brain, thus becoming the first Cylon: Zoe-R...SERIES REGULAR - SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES..

While not a flesh and blood skinjob, seems like a robotic version, at least looking human

Watch Razor. Adama discovered at the end of the cylon war that they were using prisoners to run experiments on skin jobs clear back then.

I think Caprica has a lot of potential. Moore isn't going to let it be some sub-par rip-off. It'll be interesting to see the birth of the Cylons. And I really like that Morales is playing Grandpa Adama.

Back