The G.I. Joe Movie POSITIVITY Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crix

Super Freak
Reaction score
The DARTH NIEL AND IRISH JEDI ARE LOSERS Thread :)

I figured since there are so many threads that have become "bash the new Joe movie" threads instead of actual discussion, I'd start a new thread for the people who are actually looking forward to this movie because it's G.I. Joe and they love all things G.I. Joe. So I would please ask anyone who only has something mean to say to stick to the other threads (God knows there's enough negative-minded threads that you're already posting on!) and leave this one for positive discussion.

For starters, I'd like to mention that I LOVE the Arashikage symbol on Snake Eye's arm. I know it wasn't on the original figure's costume, but it did show up in the later comics. I'm glad that they're keeping the relationship between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow the same.

And Dennis Quaid looks hot in a beret!

Last edited:
Huh.....hopefully Berets don't come back in fashion.....not sure I can pull off that look. :lol

BTW in an off topic question....who is in your Av?

Huh.....hopefully Berets don't come back in fashion.....not sure I can pull off that look. :lol

If you look anything like Dennis Quaid, you wont' have to worry about pulling it off. There'll be lots of gals who will be glad to do it for you. :D

The first movie I ever saw Quaid in was Dreamscape :rock, which I own on DVD by the way.

Mmm...young Dennis Quaid. That's around the same time as Enemy Mine, another of my favourites.

Would it be great if they did a scene with a young General Hawk and used the de-aging effect from X-Men 3 that they used on Prof. X and Magneto? *drool*

If you look anything like Dennis Quaid, you wont' have to worry about pulling it off. There'll be lots of gals who will be glad to do it for you. :D

Well its the internet....I can look like whomever I want. :lol

BTW, I like your posting style.....close to Mrs. Mac's......yet a tad bit more subtile.

Mmm...young Dennis Quaid. That's around the same time as Enemy Mine, another of my favourites.

Would it be great if they did a scene with a young General Hawk and used the de-aging effect from X-Men 3 that they used on Prof. X and Magneto? *drool*

You obviously have a different kind of appreciation for Quaid than I do. :lol

You obviously have a different kind of appreciation for Quaid than I do. :lol

Oh, he's a GREAT actor too. Sorry...back on topic. :)

He was so awesome in The Rookie...throwing that ball around...in those tight pants...ah, I can't help it! :banghead:lol

I like that he had the natural Joker smile thing going. Enjoyed Dragonheart for what it was.... :dunno:

Question avoidance? Who is in your Av?

:lol:lol:lol:lol

I think it would be her... Her sig looks to be the same person, and using my fantastical Detective skills... I say her name may be Christina? :joy

(ahh.. question answered! it is her! :monkey5)

Anyway, I am holding my breath on this movie. I really do hope it is better than what the buzz is making me feel. I wasn't so upset about the casting as I was the costumes. But at least they got Snake Eyes right, so that is a big plus.

Anyway, I will see how I feel once the trailer comes out. Maybe it will redeem the costumes and make me believe. I'm a HUGE Joe fan though, so my credentials check out. :D

I like that he had the natural Joker smile thing going. Enjoyed Dragonheart for what it was.... :dunno:

Yes, Dragonheart is another great one. Wow, I'm just now remembering how many good movie's he's been in. I'll have to make next weekend a Dennis Quaid marathon.

I read an interview with him where he said he's always been a fan of G.I. Joe, back to when it first started as 12" dolls. And now his kids play with G.I. Joe. So he's REALLY happy to be in this movie, and that smile really shows it. I love it when actors really love and respect the character that they're playing, and don't just look at it as a payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back