Xbox360 & Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not surprised--this is good news for those who have a 360 and want to get started with Blu-ray.

And is that going to be a built in drive, not an external as with HD-DVD? That's really good news!

I will be sticking with my PS3, but the more options, the better.

It's about time. Now developers won't have to worry about disc size when it comes to making games for the 360.

Time to trade mine in when this comes.

It's about time. Now developers won't have to worry about disc size when it comes to making games for the 360.

Time to trade mine in when this comes.

No way can they use it for games. All the new games then wouldn't be compatible with the old systems. That'd be the worst idea ever. It'll be for movies only.

Personally, I'll wait for better confirmation from something other than a chinese site. I saw the same story a few days ago, yet there has been no real confirmation.

I'll stick with reliable hardware, so that's either the PS3 or wii.

No way can they use it for games. All the new games then wouldn't be compatible with the old systems. That'd be the worst idea ever. It'll be for movies only.

Personally, I'll wait for better confirmation from something other than a chinese site. I saw the same story a few days ago, yet there has been no real confirmation.

Not to be rude, but you're kidding yourself if you think they'll limit themselves to just a DVD in the next 2 years. When Sony (as they are with MGS4) finally gets around to producing games that utilize Blu-ray disc space properly, Microsoft will keep up and go in the same direction.

I'll remember your post so when this happens, I can laugh at you. :lol

yeah, eventually 8.75GB will not be enough for the new HD games! Look at the problem MGS4 was having with space for the audio! BR games on the 360 will probably be out by the end of next year, at the latest or at least in development.

Not to be rude, but you're kidding yourself if you think they'll limit themselves to just a DVD in the next 2 years. When Sony (as they are with MGS4) finally gets around to producing games that utilize Blu-ray disc space properly, Microsoft will keep up and go in the same direction.

I'm not doubting they'll use more than DVD's when it comes to a new console, but just hitting the brakes and switching the discs used for 360 games to blu-ray is a bad idea. How many MILLIONS of people will be forced to buy a new 360 to play their new games? That's what I'm getting at. Sorry if you minsunderstood what I meant. I'm just saying that a internal blu-ray drive is ridiculous if they mean to use blu-rays for games as well. External makes so much more sense.

the only way around it give people the option to buy the game on blu-ray or a 2-3 dvd set

Yeah, I remember when Shenmue 2 came out on Dreamcast and it was one of the first 4 Disc games ever, other than for computer. That was so frakin huge for it's time, especially considering the graphics were amazing at that time as well!!

i imagine the reason MSG4 needs so much space is for 12 hours of cut-scenes.

not really. the blu ray isn't going to be used for games... only movies.

I know, but it still annoys me as a 360 owner....in a similar fashion that the newer generation 360s run games much smoother/faster than the older generation 360s. Not so sure if the 1 year head start was better for the consumer.

Especially if games start coming out in blu-ray.....I understand they could still do multiple Dvds for people with older 360s.....but I would want that top notch better software/hardware that the blu-ray is and i'd have to buy a whole new 360 to do that. If this is the route they go they should offer some sort of exchange/HUGE discount for people to switch their old 360s for the new BR ones.

Back