Joss Whedon - Wonder Woman!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

I'd have preferred he do X3, but this could be great.

Joss is a Wonder!

Moreena Bacarin (sp?) might make a pretty good Diana, and Gina Torres would be an awesome Amazon.

I am SO happy Joss will be doing this! IMO he's a true writing genius, and I will be in line early to see this movie at the theaters!! :banana

Oops, I just started a new thread about this in TV/Movie section...

But I'm with you, Dave, WW is gonna rock!:dance

In a recent interview for Access Hollywood, Linda Carter hopes they will pick an unknown actress to play Wonder Woman in the upcoming movie. Personally I wouldn't mind Katie Holmes, Anne Hathaway or Jessica Biel. All I hope is that this movie has substance and is not just some overly long Victoria's Secret commercial...

I don't think there is anyone better to reinvent a seminal heroine than Joss. I do think that Joss tends to go to the silly sometimes, which isn't really appropriate for Diana. But he is a shiny genius, so I'm sure it will be great.

It will be very interesting to see who is picked as the villian, it would be obvious to pick The Cheetah, but I think a male villian would be more appropriate, as that was one of several flaws in Catwoman. I thknk Ares would be good, but typically Wonder Woman has always fough with JLA and had groups of villians to fight....

So the panel with Joss at Wizard World was freaking hilarious! He and Nathan Fillion are a fantastic comedy team and all the Firefly cast are smart and funny too.

As for Wonder Woman, all he said was that he turned down the job but went home to write a memo of a direction they could go with it and sent it to Joel Silver. And Silver said - you have to do it. So he's doing it. Moreena and Jewel both started waving their hands as in "pick me" and they all joked about that. Joss said "now where can I find a dark-haired, olive-skinned beauty that can act?" Obviously referring to Moreena.

He also mentioned when asked that he'd never really watched the TV show.

Morenna may look the part better if she bulks up abit and she would have the appeal for me....and Jewel....rofl...

Morenna is not a big name so in my book that always works with a Superhero films, instead of casting a big namer (i.e. Daredevil) even Toby McGuire had not hit the big big time until Spider....Its a shame though its taken so long to get to this stage of the film, about 6 years ago there would be about 3 actress that could have hit a home run with this role...

Now lets see how Whedon writes this sucker....

Yes, Moreena would need to go to Hilary Swank training school, but she certainly looks the part otherwise. And she could do the innocence as well as the toughness.

Joel Silver is a strong and smart producer and I think he'll protect Joss so the studio won't be able to ram a "name" down his throat for the lead.

Back